Subban head contact on MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Uhhhh I'm not even convinced he hit him in the head. Contact seems to be near the nameplate and then he throws him to the ice.

If I see it correctly that's not even a penalty. If he got the head and I missed it..well...2 minutes.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Looks like he connected with the shoulder area and got a little bit of head at the end of it.

I don't buy that warrants anything extra.

Reactions: E82

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It won't be a suspension, but it absolutely should be. A punch to the back of the head - which is precisely what this was - does not belong in the game. The day the NHL gets serious about head injuries this stuff will start getting suspensions.
the day the nhl gets " serious" about head injuries, we play like the ladies no contact. that's what you want ?
This was a 2 minute minor at most.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I'll be the first to admit that Subban takes his opportunities to get his shots in.

However, I'm rolling on the floor at you guys saying this is a "sucker punch to the back of the head."

It's a forearm into MacKinnon's shoulder that slid up and slightly made contact with the back of his head on the follow through.

Did it deserve a penalty? Absolutely. Is it suspension worthy? Not even close.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
2 minute minor for roughing and a public statement that Subban is overrated.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Subban gets away with way too much of this. Every time I watch a Predators game it seems like they get the most favorable refereeing in the entire league, but it's actually just Subban getting away with that much.
i am pretty sure we were the most penalized team in the regular season as far as times short handed.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Not a big deal. That little forearm shivvy is a standard hockey move and doesn’t hurt anyone when it’s applied to the shoulder the way it was here.
I've quite enjoyed this thread but Out of everything I've read in this thread, this is by far the stupidest thing yet. By far!!!

Reactions: Channelcat

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
MacKinnon should have taken a page out of the Preds' playbook and dramatically fallen to the ice clutching the back of his head and writhing around, then maybe the refs would have made a better call. Maybe.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
So many new hockey fans here it seems. Subban's been doing that one handed punch/knock down move since he entered the league. He actually does it EVERY game. There hasn't been a game, regular season or not that he wont try that move. He usually aims for the chest/shoulders and this time it slipped from the shoulders to clipped the head but it was not a direct punch to the head. He's actually never been called for it. I believe thats the first time. No suspension but maybe they'll call more penalties on him for that these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad