Subban head contact on MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I didn't think it was that bad, in the playoffs PK goes all out in the 'piss off their best player as much as possible' mode.

Even our captain Landy said he didn't think it was that bad, just playoff hockey.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
A sucker punch to the head is disgustingly dangerous and as dangerous as what Kadri did. It reminded me of what Trevor Gillies did to Eric Tangradi 7 years ago.

And to all those who say that is just “playoff” hockey, sorry, but I like my playoff hockey with superstars who’s brains aren’t damaged by idiots who can’t keep up with them.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Need a better angle to see how much contact was head vs shoulder. Forearm vs punch. Without a clearer angle there isn't anything to see.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Sure MR scientist. If this is suspendable, then every netfront scrum should warrant 3-4 suspensions every playoff game.

Find it laughable how some are treating this as something that's not black and white and speculating with HOW he hit McKinnon. A punch was thrown out of actual play. That's all. A bad call by the refs to give McKinnon a penalty on the play but that's literally all there is to it.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
A sucker punch to the head is disgustingly dangerous and as dangerous as what Kadri did. It reminded me of what Trevor Gillies did to Eric Tamgradi 7 years ago.

And to all those who say that is just “playoff” hockey, sorry, but I like my playoff hockey with superstars who’s brains aren’t damaged by idiots who can’t keep up with them.
Well Crosby bashed Subban's head to the ice when out of play last Finals and nothing came of it. Care to look that up and be ready to declare that Crosby doesn't keep up with Subban?

LOL with the comparison to Kadri. Just imagine seeing this play along with Kadris and imagining that A. Both are equally dangerous B. Both should be equally punished

Kadri got playoff discount for his 'fall'.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Domi ended Ulf Samuelsson's career with a punch to the back of the head. It's very dangerous, there's a reason it's not allowed in boxing.

Thankfully PK couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag so any punch he throws is essentially harmless.

Reactions: dkhockey

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
[MOD] Dirty and unnecessary blow to the head on one of the best players in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Doughty, Marchand, Subban, Mcavoy, Hedman, Perry.... good lord, the NHL Department of Players Safety may be burning the midnight oil.

Last year, the DOPS had only two standout situations (Calvert/Kuhnackl, Draisaitl spear). This year....... yeesh.

Add Foligno to that list. Myers is out because of that F-tard

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Shoulda been a penalty but let’s chill with the suspension talk.

Crosby literally grabbed Subban’s head & dribbled it off the ice & didn’t get a penalty.
Yeah, cranking on someone's knee provoking that response is like, totally cool though.

Subban has a history of being a dirty piece of crap, that's not just opinion, it's fact. He's continued to do it and like Marchand, sometimes he skates away with doing something dirty and dumb. He was up to his old tricks again, it's a joke that nothing will be done.

But better be prepared when the same happens to a Predator, don't come saying it should be a suspension if you thought this one wasn't.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Everyone please stop looking for suspensions on every shift of every game. Hockey is a physical, and dirty (yes dirty) game.

Intentional hits to the back of the head on an unsuspecting player do not belong in the game. Ever. What’s the point of it except an intent to injure?

Must be a suspension

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Subban could’ve whacked MacKinnon in the head with his stick and he still wouldn’t get a suspension. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Quite the wind-up there for one of the cheapest players in the league... that has always been afraid to back it up despite being 220pds.

Considering:
Sucker punch
From behind
Huge wind-up
History of cheap crap
Doughty suspension

I think he might be looking at a game here but I hate how soft we are getting.

Reactions: Goodbahd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad