Subban fights

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Has nothing to do with this topic but please scroll to 1:06 and tell me what he is doing.

Your welcome.

Get the **** out of here you ****ing miserable bitter hater.
Go and worry about your ****ing Sens.

Do you ever come here to write good things about Subban? No you don't you ****ing macho tool. Then don't come here to write bad stuff about Subban.
And get out of here with your ''real man'' macho B.S.
I'd rather be Subban VS a bitter hater like you.
''Subban is not a real man''...you should have made it to the NHL, tough guy, so you could prove Subban wrong. Get the **** out of here, you useless tool.
Why don't you go write a book on how to be a real man you macho zero.
You're probably one of those brain dead tools always overdoing it with the macho stuff...probably 'cause you didn't come out of the closet yet (too afraid to).

Go spread your hatred and bitterness on your Sens boards.
And...stay there.
Don't come here just to piss and **** on Hab players.
You're not a fan of the Habs...no problem...go do your complaining/crying on your Sens board, you big sissy.

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
One more thing...

Subban should not fight. Period.

We cannot take this risk with our superstar dman (broken wrist, broken knuckle, broken jaw, concussion from fight, separated shoulder a la Komisarek vs Lucic, etc,etc...). Subban is way too important for us.

We would all be so pissed if he got injured because of a fight.
And for those who complain about his fighting skills...say something nice for a change about Subban...it will do you some good. We're so lucky to have Subban.

Go Subban Go!!

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Has nothing to do with this topic but please scroll to 1:06 and tell me what he is doing.

Your welcome.

So you just ignored my point. Usually, this means checkmate.

You keep your distance, remove your helmet and then close the distance to fight. You don't skate towards the guy as if wanting to grab him. In the heat of the action like that, expect to be punched when close in on someone like that. Instead of being a sheep and spoon-fed interpretation (in this case the commentator's), try using your own unbiased judgement, if you have some.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So you just ignored my point. Usually, this means checkmate.

You keep your distance, remove your helmet and then close the distance to fight. You don't skate towards the guy as if wanting to grab him. In the heat of the action like that, expect to be punched when close in on someone like that. Instead of being a sheep and spoon-fed interpretation (in this case the commentator's), try using your own unbiased judgement, if you have some.

I'll respond to you and not the the tool above you because while I am not a Habs fan, i truly do enjoy watching them and I have stated that Subban is a Norris candidate. I have stated that I feel that Gallagher and Galchenyuk are going to be 20, 25 goal scorers, some did not like it but hey, that is my opinion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a 25 goal scorer in this league. And I may be wrong. You want to have a discussion so I will respond because I like talking hockey, and watch a lot of hockey.

It was well understood at the time why Lupul felt it was a cheapshot and that a lot ofplayers who see one take of his helmet will do the same. Honour and stuff. I won't use the "real man" analogy as many here don't like that, but whatever. It was clear that Subban saw an opportunity to get that first shot in and feigned to remove his strap and go and land one in.

Mike Tyson says "**** off. It's a fight, whatever happens , happens. If you don't like it turn off your station". If I was at a bar it is about survival and you'll see guys get kicked in the balls and such because it is not sport, it is a street fight, very dangerous.

He is a professional hockey player who brings that same cheapness to the ice when he fights. I agree with the the tool above me, Subban should not fight because he is not good at it and like it or not, people don't think he has any honour in doing so, and how he goes about it. You guys love him as fans of your team, and I understand that but sometimes your players, or owners (Melnyk) do things that are not what we approve.

I have never made this about hating Subban, as I think he is an excellent player, he just lacks integrity. Maybe he grows into that quality, or maybe he doesn't. My argument has never been about hating anyone, but I think he is classless when he fights.

Done.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I'll respond to you and not the the tool above you because while I am not a Habs fan, i truly do enjoy watching them and I have stated that Subban is a Norris candidate. I have stated that I feel that Gallagher and Galchenyuk are going to be 20, 25 goal scorers, some did not like it but hey, that is my opinion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a 25 goal scorer in this league. And I may be wrong. You want to have a discussion so I will respond because I like talking hockey, and watch a lot of hockey.

It was well understood at the time why Lupul felt it was a cheapshot and that a lot ofplayers who see one take of his helmet will do the same. Honour and stuff. I won't use the "real man" analogy as many here don't like that, but whatever. It was clear that Subban saw an opportunity to get that first shot in and feigned to remove his strap and go and land one in.

Mike Tyson says "**** off. It's a fight, whatever happens , happens. If you don't like it turn off your station". If I was at a bar it is about survival and you'll see guys get kicked in the balls and such because it is not sport, it is a street fight, very dangerous.

He is a professional hockey player who brings that same cheapness to the ice when he fights. I agree with the the tool above me, Subban should not fight because he is not good at it and like it or not, people don't think he has any honour in doing so, and how he goes about it. You guys love him as fans of your team, and I understand that but sometimes your players, or owners (Melnyk) do things that are not what we approve.

I have never made this about hating Subban, as I think he is an excellent player, he just lacks integrity. Maybe he grows into that quality, or maybe he doesn't. My argument has never been about hating anyone, but I think he is classless when he fights.

Done.

What integrity? if lupul didn't wanna get swinged at he should have kept his distance, I would say lupul is an idiot for getting to close its a fight was subban supposed to wait till lupul was holding his shirt and swinging? I don't get it he is a horrible fighter that shouldn't fight everyone knows that but your expecting him to fight like who? bob probert? You act like you know what your saying when you obviously don't. Keep watching Chris Neil beat up Kane without Kane dropping his gloves that is fkn
Classless

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What integrity? if lupul didn't wanna get swinged at he should have kept his distance, I would say lupul is an idiot for getting to close its a fight was subban supposed to wait till lupul was holding his shirt and swinging? I don't get it he is a horrible fighter that shouldn't fight everyone knows that but your expecting him to fight like who? bob probert? You act like you know what your saying when you obviously don't. Keep watching Chris Neil beat up Kane without Kane dropping his gloves that is fkn
Classless

This isn't about my team.

You guys didn't like what Orr did to Bourque, that was another gutless play that apparently now you would be okay with, since what Subban did was cool. Can't have it both ways.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009

Done.

Of course, Lupul's opinion of the matter is unbiased?

But as mentionned, both was kinda newb in fighting: one was idiotic for skating towards the opponent while not ready to throw punches and the other overreacted *a bit* (which was understable) by seeing the guy skating towards him as a threat. As the person above said, was Subban's supposed to wait for Lupul to have a firm grip on his jersey? No.

As with ANY fight, you prepare at a distance. You don't walk towards someone's face while not ready to throw punches. As far as I'm concerned, Lupul was an idiot in the sequence.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal

You guys didn't like what Orr did to Bourque, that was another gutless play that apparently now you would be okay with, since what Subban did was cool. Can't have it both ways.

Lol bourque wasn't fighting Orr like sub an was with morrow that's ridiculous lol morrow was ready to drop them. However what Orr did to bourque was almost exactly what Neil did..

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Visor fighting is worse than helmet fighting, I can understand why non-Habs fans would have issues with the Morrow fight and would be challenging Subban to act like a man.

Aside from that, I sure love Subban!

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria

The difference being subban was actually fighting lupul. You left out that bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad