Subban fights

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Next move by MB, call GSP to give lessons on fighting and follow it with Prust teaching how to fight on ice.

Better yet, can GSP skate? Sign him.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Subban can't fight a lick.
he bails out...
he does not want to trade punches.

Which is fine. Who cares. I don't know why he fights at all. Elite players need to be available to the team. He just has a lot of pride and idiots are always trying to defame him publicly saying he can't back it up and all this stuff... I say it's a testament to his character that he even responds.

He is a good man and is made of some strong stuff. Best d-man in the league.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow. Are you for real? You call that a sucker punch?

Both decided to fight at essentially the same time. At that point, it's about who will land the first punch. Not his fault if Morrow was a tad slower.

I definitely understand why Morrow was so angry in the box. Subban challenged him to a fight and then tried to sucker punch him when he was about to remove his helmet. When Subban missed his haymaker he just held on for dear life and fell to the ice. Pretty easy to see why the guy gets so much hate. He's a chippy player with a big mouth and an even bigger ego. Might be Norris potential, but his attitude stinks.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
I definitely understand why Morrow was so angry in the box. Subban challenged him to a fight and then tried to sucker punch him when he was about to remove his helmet. When Subban missed his haymaker he just held on for dear life and fell to the ice. Pretty easy to see why the guy gets so much hate. He's a chippy player with a big mouth and an even bigger ego. Might be Norris potential, but his attitude stinks.

Where do you see Morrow about to remove his helmet? His hands were nowhere his head?

Edit: Are you a fan of another team who just opened a new account to post in the Habs section? :laugh:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

You may be confusing this fight with PK vs Lupul where he pretended to take off the helmet with Lupul and suckered him instead.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Where do you see Morrow about to remove his helmet? His hands were nowhere his head?

Edit: Are you a fan of another team who just opened a new account to post in the Habs section? :laugh:

Oh my bad he was just pissed about Subban not wanting to remove his visor to fight him which is what he was expecting when Subban tried to deck him. I've been up all night for exams so i'm a wee bit spent.

And I've not posted on these boards before, just recently came upon them actually. Used to just read the Rangers/Calgary forums when my buddy played for them before he made his way to the KHL. I'm from Winnipeg, but we had no team for years so I was mainly just a fan of great players like Yzerman, Sakic, and Teemu. No clear favorite team these days or hated team. I just enjoy good hockey when I have the time to catch a game and I'm hoping we can get as many Canadian teams into the playoffs this year as possible.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
You may be confusing this fight with PK vs Lupul where he pretended to take off the helmet with Lupul and suckered him instead.

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNfBqPlp-0

If so, then you have a lot of imagination. I don't know you or your post history so I took your earlier posts in this thread as comments with genuine honesty. But now, I realize you're just a hater.

Why the heck was Lupul skating towards Subban as if wanting to grab him?! Keep your freaking distance and then dance. Two newby fighters who don't know how to do it. Neither was really to be blamed.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If we had one member of this team with a resemblance of a spine not named Prust, Subban wouldn't need to put up with this crap.

The guy has everyone going after him all game, chirping him, challenging him and running him. No one on this team stands up for their best player, THEIR BEST PLAYER, think about that.

Also think about how Price gets run by Morrow last night and the only person who does anything is Prust, quite a while later with 5 guys on the ice do absolutely nothing in a game they're being blown out in. It's pathetic.

Major problems with this team is defense and spine. The very last problem on this team is Subban, and even less is his fighting ability. He should never have to fight unless he does one of his massive bee stinger hits and even then unless it's dirty he shouldn't have to.

Until Therrien realizes Moen has no spine and puts Blunden in for him and puts Tinordi on the backend with explicit instructions to not allow this crap to go on any further this team is going to have trouble this season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

ob·jec·tive

not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

Try it sometime brah.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
His ground game is solid, needs to work on his standup
Horrible balance

He should spend a chunk of the summer doing what the young Foligno boy did. Boxing lessons in the ring on roller blades, as he knew with his type of play he'd be fighting a lot.

Other than that I'd rather him not fight at all, but he should be doing it once in a while ala Iginla, Lecavalier. Adds a dimension to their game that makes it impossible to intimidate them.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
His ground game is solid, needs to work on his standup
Horrible balance

In Montreal, we excel at the groundgame (GSP;))

But yeah, he falls down a lot in his fights and it ends up just being him grabbing the other guy's head. Marchand and him (horrible fight) was the only one where there was a clear square off.

Also, I don't blame PK at all for last night. As mentioned, being run all game even at 6-3. Similar to Bylsma's MT eye roll-inducing timeout (DB has become quite a ****** over the years).

I don't think the rest of the team doesn't stick up for each other - they do quite often. But in a game like last night when you're really just trying not to have it become 10-3 and on your heels and tired, there's not much you can do. Not like fighting doesn't require a lot of energy. If Subban had come off the bench fresh to a tired Morrow, would be ill-advised for Morrow to drop em, Subban is tougher than last year, just not technically good at fighting. At that point, Subban had made some great plays taking hits to get the puck out and Morrow taking runs at him.

Analyzer*

Subban shouldn't be fighting period and also shouldn't be all excited after a fight he almost got killed in and be screaming like an idiot

Adrenaline gets you going after a fight...

PK Should stick to people in his fighting class.

Then again, the rest of the league will whine about him picking his targets and not fighting heavy weights.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
He's a bad fighter, but he shouldn't be fighting in the first place. I suppose it might be okay if he fights in garbage time, otherwise, the team cant afford to have him sitting idle for 5 minutes.

But I'd rather not have him fight at all no matter what the scoreboard says, because it would really suck to see him break his hand or something during a fight.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Oh my bad he was just pissed about Subban not wanting to remove his visor to fight him which is what he was expecting when Subban tried to deck him. I've been up all night for exams so i'm a wee bit spent.

And I've not posted on these boards before, just recently came upon them actually. Used to just read the Rangers/Calgary forums when my buddy played for them before he made his way to the KHL. I'm from Winnipeg, but we had no team for years so I was mainly just a fan of great players like Yzerman, Sakic, and Teemu. No clear favorite team these days or hated team. I just enjoy good hockey when I have the time to catch a game and I'm hoping we can get as many Canadian teams into the playoffs this year as possible.

Nigel Dawes? I hope you didn't miss the 4 games he played for us too!

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
A nice little PK fighting anecdote.

When I caught the Montreal-Dallas game a few years back, I managed to score really great tickets, right behind the Habs bench.

During the game, this Dallas player was taunting PK, and getting in his face. From my seat I yelled "get him PK!!" and immediately he dropped the gloves. I'm guessing he thought it was a player from the bench since the arena was so quiet.

PablitoArg

Dec 27, 2009
Ottawa
Next move by MB, call GSP to give lessons on fighting and follow it with Prust teaching how to fight on ice.

Better yet, can GSP skate? Sign him.

doesn't help, he'll just wrestle his opponent to the ground like Subban already does... Try to win via points :sarcasm:

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
You can play on the meaning of the sentence, but real men know what I am talking about. He goes for the sucker and embarrasses himself and his fanbase.

Bahahaha, speaking of embarrassment you should leave before you embaress yourself further.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Nigel Dawes? I hope you didn't miss the 4 games he played for us too!

I didn't miss them, but I knew with the players you had in the system he was likely to be stuck on your AHL team since that's where he seemed to excel. I haven't seen him in a while though, and it sucks he didn't stick with Atlanta for another season as he could have played some games as a Jet here in front of all his old friends :)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Are you talking about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNfBqPlp-0

If so, then you have a lot of imagination. I don't know you or your post history so I took your earlier posts in this thread as comments with genuine honesty. But now, I realize you're just a hater.

Why the heck was Lupul skating towards Subban as if wanting to grab him?! Keep your freaking distance and then dance. Two newby fighters who don't know how to do it. Neither was really to be blamed.

Has nothing to do with this topic but please scroll to 1:06 and tell me what he is doing.

Your welcome.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I guess you are the guy when a fight breaks out you sucker punch people then try and run...I get it.

Real men don't do that. There is honour and a certain code that players emulate. Morrow challenged Subban to throw off his bucket and go at it. Not to try and sucker punch. He declined.

Jared Cowen was challenged twice and answered the bell even though he felt it shouldn't have had to. But did so.

I know it is hard when your owner (Melnyk) or a player (Subban) embarrasses your fan base, but sometimes you have to face the issue and move on.

ok, you first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->