Subban fights

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I think he should learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

baby-tap-out.jpg

gohabs58

Nov 29, 2011
Subban is a bit of an odd duck. He has flashes of brilliance, but with that comes the risk of turning the puck over when he does too much. We've all seen it. But he has undeniable talent, and I think as a coach it would be hard to draw the line - how long of a leash do you give a guy like that. Although he has gotten better, he's mouthy and "in your face". We saw a glimpse of that last night after his "fight".

There are two reasons why he constantly gets booed in other rinks around the league: He's an elite player who can hurt any team with his on-ice play but he's somewhat of a pest.

Having said all that, he's still Norris candidate - and that for many years to come!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I like Subban as much as the next guy ad I feel he could be a norris winner in the future, not necessairly this year.

But after his fight with Morrow, I started wondering historically in how many of his fights he falls or goes down (whether its his fault or another factor). So I checked youtube for all his fights I could find and noticed he falls or goes down in the vast majority of them. What do you guys think? Is it a strategy? a form of turtling? I know its not his fortay, but he engages in fighting more often than not.

He just isn't very good at fighting. He is willing but doesn't have good technique. He should have KOed Marchand like 5 times in that fight but he couldn't.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Or he can continue being a Norris calibre defenceman and not bother with potentially breaking his hand or throwing out a shoulder. There are players paid to do that for him.

Oh, I know. And I wish he wouldn't get in fights and scrums. Though, his personality and competitive nature will always get him in the middle of stuff like this. So he better learn how to defend himself rather than potentially dropping against a nutjob like Horton who would pound him away even if he falls by himself.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Oh, I know. And I wish he wouldn't get in fights and scrums. Though, his personality and competitive nature will always get him in the middle of stuff like this. So he better learn how to defend himself rather than potentially dropping against a nutjob like Horton who would pound him away even if he falls by himself.

Horton is your example of a nutjob? :laugh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Horton is your example of a nutjob? :laugh:

He's got a clear obsession with Subban and when those two guys eventually drop (don't kid yourself, I don't want this to happen, but it will... especially if this guy stays in Boston...), I have no doubt he'll try to hurt PK, no matter how.

Thanks for purposedly missing the point though...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think his style of fighting is of the classless POS level. Always trying to sneak a punch in. Too bad because he is a Norris candidate but, honestly, his fighting style speaks to him as a person...a fake fighter and coward.

Either fight like a man with dignity or don't. When you get challenged, answer the bell and he didn't.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I think his style of fighting is of the classless POS level. Always trying to sneak a punch in. Too bad because he is a Norris candidate but, honestly, his fighting style speaks to him as a person...a fake fighter and coward.

Either fight like a man with dignity or don't. When you get challenged, answer the bell and he didn't.

What a horrific thing to do in a fight.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You can play on the meaning of the sentence, but real men know what I am talking about. He goes for the sucker and embarrasses himself and his fanbase.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

What in the flying hell...

Why don't you go back with your owner and investigate on that attempted murder from Matt Cooke. We all wish we had a great franchise to cheer for like Ottawa fans do.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
You can play on the meaning of the sentence, but real men know what I am talking about. He goes for the sucker and embarrasses himself and his fanbase.

Surely you cringed as hard typing this as I did when I read it.

Sorry you'll have to forgive me if I don't take you seriously. It's classic Subban bashing, not grounded in any reality. If he doesn't fight because he sucks at it, he's a coward. If he fights and still sucks at it, he's a coward. We get it.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Sorry you'll have to forgive me if I don't take you seriously. It's classic Subban bashing, not grounded in any reality. If he doesn't fight because he sucks at it, he's a coward. If he fights and still sucks at it, he's a coward. We get it.

I have praised Subban and I do think he can be nominated for the Norris. My point is his style of fighting lends many to believe that he is a coward. David Dzurzynski fought and got his ass kicked by MacLaren...no one called him a coward. Subban does not have to try and sucker someone. He can hold on, he can fight with some sort of honour. He doesn't and hasn't.

Classic Subban bashing would be more like saying he sucks, can't play, blah blah blah. He is a heck of a player, but his character shone through last night.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah, we all wish he was as manly as Erik ****ing Karlsson.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I have praised Subban and I do think he can be nominated for the Norris. My point is his style of fighting lends many to believe that he is a coward. David Dzurzynski fought and got his ass kicked by MacLaren...no one called him a coward. Subban does not have to try and sucker someone. He can hold on, he can fight with some sort of honour. He doesn't and hasn't.

Classic Subban bashing would be more like saying he sucks, can't play, blah blah blah. He is a heck of a player, but his character shone through last night.

Yeah, too bad he spent all of those years perfecting his skills instead of learning how to get your ass handed to him with dignity like this Dzurkerdur guy...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

No one's calling Subban a coward either. Well, except for one guy.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

What in the flying hell...

Why don't you go back with your owner and investigate on that attempted murder from Matt Cooke. We all wish we had a great franchise to cheer for like Ottawa fans do.

I guess you are the guy when a fight breaks out you sucker punch people then try and run...I get it.

Real men don't do that. There is honour and a certain code that players emulate. Morrow challenged Subban to throw off his bucket and go at it. Not to try and sucker punch. He declined.

Jared Cowen was challenged twice and answered the bell even though he felt it shouldn't have had to. But did so.

I know it is hard when your owner (Melnyk) or a player (Subban) embarrasses your fan base, but sometimes you have to face the issue and move on.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I guess you are the guy when a fight breaks out you sucker punch people then try and run...I get it.

Real men don't do that. There is honour and a certain code that players emulate. Morrow challenged Subban to throw off his bucket and go at it. Not to try and sucker punch. He declined.

Jared Cowen was challenged twice and answered the bell even though he felt it shouldn't have had to. But did so.

I know it is hard when your owner (Melnyk) or a player (Subban) embarrasses your fan base, but sometimes you have to face the issue and move on.

Don't worry, Subban has quite a few lessons to take from Melnyk and the whole Ottawa organization before being put in the same category of clowns as them.

If Morrow challenges a guy to a fight right in his face and then gets surprised because he gets "sucker punched", that's his ****ing problem.

Besides, how convenient to make no mention of the sequence just afterwards, where Prust challenged Morrow to fight just to see him take a slash at his leg and skate away. What a manly man Morrow is...

Megaforce

I like him fighting cuz at least it means he'll be going to the penalty box for a valid reason rather than whatever bogus HWB reason the refs use for putting him there, like getting snow in the goaltender's eyes when he stops, or giving someone a dirty look.:laugh:

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
As far as I'm concerned, the code was never rigorously followed to begin with. I'm sure Colton Orr is a lovable man for actually landing his sucker punch on Bourque because he fits the enforcer stereotype better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->