Value of: Subban brothers to the Sabres

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Marty Biron suggested today on WGR that he could see the Sabres would trade with Chicago for Delia or Subban. Made me think it would be a good news story for the Sabres to acquire both brothers. We have the cap space for PK and a need for a RHD. Assuming a 6/7 rounder for Malcom. No idea on PK who only has real money of 2 million. Music to Pegulas ears.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I mean, for fan engagement and excitement it makes sense.

For a shattered locker room and atmosphere, he's the kind of guy that only makes that worse, especially as one of the older guys in the room. It's always all about PK for PK.........though to just get through this season it could be worth it, especially if jersey tosses them a draft pick or something just to take him off their hands. Obviously he'll bring energy and fan engagement lol

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Marty Biron suggested today on WGR that he could see the Sabres would trade with Chicago for Delia or Subban. Made me think it would be a good news story for the Sabres to acquire both brothers. We have the cap space for PK and a need for a RHD. Assuming a 6/7 rounder for Malcom. No idea on PK who only has real money of 2 million. Music to Pegulas ears.

Could you direct me to where I can find that interview with Biron if possible?

OlfactoryHughes

Aug 8, 2007
Northern California
Devils are using Pk’s 9m aav to reach the floor, and with only 2m of real
Money owed, there is no way we are paying for someone to take him. Plus we are excited to see him on our third pair in limited minutes against other teams bottom 6’ers

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I’m very excited to be rolling Hamilton-Severson-Subban down the right side next year. I don’t think we’d get a return good enough to justify not rolling with those three next year.

Reactions: banks

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Devils actually could use PK next year and already paid most of his paycheck in the form of a 6 mill bonus. No reason to move him really.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
What's with the implication that Pegula's cheap? He spends to the cap on a basement team. Cheapskates don't give Skinner, Leino, and Erhoff those contracts.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Being shipped to Buffalo would be a fitting punishment for PK, who spends way too much time posting nonsense on Instagram.

Maybe he’ll want to become a top tier NHL defenseman again if it meant he could leave Buffalo
You guys really must not watch literally any other sport if you think PK is ridiculous on Instagram and think THAT is why his game has fallen off...

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If Buffalo had more vets, I’d be on board with this.. PK isn’t necessarily a negative force in the locker room… it doesn’t always hurt to have a guy who can remain positive when things aren’t going well… you certainly don’t want him as your sole vet, though, and for that reason I don’t see a great fit in Buffalo.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
NJ would only be interested in moving Subban in a hockey trade and I'm not sure what Buffalo has to offer that we need (veteran scoring winger who has 1 year left)

mj2sexay

Jul 2, 2009
I’m very excited to be rolling Hamilton-Severson-Subban down the right side next year. I don’t think we’d get a return good enough to justify not rolling with those three next year.

This.

People don't realize Subban actually still has value to the Devils both because his bonus has been paid out and they need his 9 mil to get to the floor, and because he's actually going to be playing in a very limited role.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yes, more Subban's is definitely what a lockerroom with a shattered culture needs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad