HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
To be fair, HBS four day executive courses are awesome experiences. The lecturers are top quality and the hours of smaller break out sessions are insanely deep. My company sent me to one and I am still applying lessons learned in new ways, 6 months later.

Reactions: shello and Oneiro

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
$10,000 for 3 days yikes!! Yeah it includes books, some meals and housing. For that price it should include high quality hookers and liquor.
It’s basically milking pro athletes out of their cash.
I don’t know if the teachers are Harvard employees but if they are consultants they charge a lot. In Sweden the good ones charge about 5000-6000 dollars per day. When bringing in researchers/high profile people from the states they charge 12 000$/day at least. 10 000 for a three day course doesn’t seem like much to me. A bad decision or even just a conflict at work likely cost more.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yikes, I always wondered how students could end up with $100k+ in debt.

Pretty much any our of state college costs over 30k a year and any with a good reputation costs 50k+

I got out of college without owing a dime but a lot of kids and parents have been brainwashed to believe that money spent on education automatically pays for itself down the road

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Probably Chara will cover the Czech report of the Boston Bruins when he retires.

Subban... it's not even a secret he's bound for media after his career comes to an end.

On the bright side, Subban isn't with Montreal anymore so it isn't as awkward.

I mean, subban seems to crave the spotlight, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be a media guy. Maybe these courses have something to do with brand management too. He seems to have many interests outside of the hockey circle, and his name appears outside the game.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I don’t know if the teachers are Harvard employees but if they are consultants they charge a lot. In Sweden the good ones charge about 5000-6000 dollars per day. When bringing in researchers/high profile people from the states they charge 12 000$/day at least. 10 000 for a three day course doesn’t seem like much to me. A bad decision or even just a conflict at work likely cost more.
Lets say there are 50 people in that class. 50*10k=500k-40k for 4 days of work for the professor. 460k left for food and housing the people in the class. Harvard is probably left with 400k+ profit for a 4 day course... Its very likely interesting but they are definitely milking it because people/athletes think its cool to have done a 4 day course at Harvard.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
subban.jpg

In the background we see Andy Roddick name as well. On the right someone from Barca org.

taking selfies during class. Someone's getting detention

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Probably Chara will cover the Czech report of the Boston Bruins when he retires.

Subban... it's not even a secret he's bound for media after his career comes to an end.

On the bright side, Subban isn't with Montreal anymore so it isn't as awkward.

Actually Chara just this year finished up schooling and getting his Mass. Realtors license.

He seems to be setting himself up there too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00