Stupid Crap CBC HNIC Says RE: Habs

Analyzer*

Fitting that of all places, this is the thread where I pull a Bob Cole.

Ooooooooh baby.

Hey, at least Hughson is a part of that duo. Bob Cole talks about players not even in the game. Says a player passes the puck up the ice to himself...

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Depends.

1) Are you a between the ages of 45-65?
2) Do you have strongly held yet everchanging and baseless opinions on anything hockey related?
3) Are you an ex-NHL enforcer?
4) Are you so unable to write a simple opinion piece that you have to have a nameless young person write your articles for you?

If you answered yes to all four questions, then you might be on your way to a great job ;)

#2 is damn funny!

Another quality, you were once involved in hockey (probably the Nordiques) back in the 70's, have not spent one second researching players/tactics since then, and have not made one friend in hockey that is not within a 2 hour drive.

"Keep it local", RDS.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Depends.

1) Are you a between the ages of 45-65?
2) Do you have strongly held yet everchanging and baseless opinions on anything hockey related?
3) Are you an ex-NHL enforcer?
4) Are you so unable to write a simple opinion piece that you have to have a nameless young person write your articles for you?

If you answered yes to all four questions, then you might be on your way to a great job ;)
This is awesome. Only five posts in and you've already posted a classic. Nice work.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
CBC needs to rehire Chris Cuthbert.

I was just watching the 93 cup run on NHL game vault and it was Christ Cuthbert and Dick Irvin calling most of the games. Brought a tear to my eyes.

Miss the games with Dick Irvin and Steve Shutt on CJAD 800.

I'm still a huge Cole fan, but I'd rank Cuthbert number 1 rather easily. Hughson is terrible imo.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Healy accomplished quite a lot in his NHL tenure. His play on the 93 Islanders is the kind of thing Montreal makes legends out of. See Halak.

Healy played over his head to allow the Islanders upset the Penguins, but he hardly delivered dazzling play that spring.

He finished that playoff with a 9-8 record, a 3.19 GAA and an .887 save percentage. His play against the Canadiens in the semi-finals was nothing short of mediocre.

Halifaxhab*

Healy played over his head to allow the Islanders upset the Penguins, but he hardly delivered dazzling play that spring.

He finished that playoff with a 9-8 record, a 3.19 GAA and an .887 save percentage. His play against the Canadiens in the semi-finals was nothing short of mediocre.

His biggest accomplishment was opening the bench door. He also only got the job at cbc because he played in toronto. He's an idiot.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He was comparing to DD. :sarcasm:

I think Stock does okay language wise on AC, it's hockey vocab they're not discussiing Prust.

My take is CBC figures RDS serves most of the Habs base, so they (CBC) can get behind whatever other team. Because they sure aren't behind the Habs most of the time.

Man during the Pens vs Habs series back in 2010 it was all pro pens talk. It bugged the heck out of me

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Oh god no, you're not going there. :laugh:

But the reason most people that like Bob Cole do is the vintage feel. Nostalgia. However, he's now unable to follow a Hockey game thoroughly enough to comment on it on TV. And for someone that's 30 like me (and french speaking to boot), who doesn't have the nostalgia effect, it means he makes me physically cringe in a way Brunet could never, even with his OYYOYOYYEGROBONOMM.

So, yeah. I think he had a good run, and should retire. But HNIC as a whole really needs to find talented new blood and stop giving time to friends and insiders in the business. As is RDS - Pierre isn't eternal.

The biggest problem I have about CBC is that they need a total retool. New play by play guys, analyst etc. They have a great brand in Hockey Night In Canada but after that there isn't too much asides form the intro's that are worth watching. Asides from Elliotte Friedman their so called "insider" panel is pretty much a joke.

Kid Dynomite

Apr 15, 2009
Amherstburg, ON
Glenn Healy has more hockey experience than anyone posting on this message board.

So do a lot of other people, including those who are FAR better suited for a commentator job rather than Glenn Healy.
As has been alluded to, he is a chatty ex-Leaf so he gets a Hockey Night in Toronto gig.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Sub-Thread:
Stupid things CBC HNIC does.

Always making the early Saturday game a Leaf one. Outside of the "home game" geographicical sphere we should have a choice. ********rs.
I'm in Alberta ffs.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
It's amazing that people still don't understand the purpose of Glenn Healy. He is there to stir things up and be controversial and he is very good at doing it. It would be boring as hell if everyone was like Friedman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad