Study on fans and drinking

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Do most arenas have limits?

In Columbus, they will only sell two alcoholic beverages to one person at a time. That would provide control alone. It often takes 10 or so minutes to go through a line.

I've never noticed restrictions anywhere else, but I haven't really looked.

San Jose also limits two drinks per person. (With ID :D)

gongshowmonkey

Sep 10, 2008
Heard on the radio yesterday how the Abbotsford Heat have a special some games.

$1 hotdogs and $2 beers to get fans in the seats.

ofcourse they said its ok because you're allowed only 1 beer at a time when you go purchase it.

Ogopogo*

I don't know why people need to have beer when they attend a sporting event. Is it not possible to enjoy life without altering your mental state?

Apparently 8% of attendees need it so bad, they don't care that they are putting the lives of others at risk. 8% is 1,350 people at the average Oilers game!!!!

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Because you're already there and its 3 hours before you can leave the concessions monopoly that an arena holds. Some people want to keep their buzz at any price. Honestly I think with all the tailgatting 8 percent is low at least in football. I think its because alot of people don't buy beer and sober up during a game.

My thought process is to get a huge buzz before the game, and be sober by the time the game is over. Saves a lot of $$.

Gulvorn

Jan 26, 2009
Ohio St/Cincy/Dayton
Last time I went to a CBJ game I got a deal on a ticket upgrade somehow or something and ended up with pretty good lower bowl seats.

There was a group of season ticket holders sitting next to me (like 6 of them) and they asked if I was old enough to drink beer and I said yes, of course, I'm 24 but I'm not going to pay 9 dollars for beer.

Next time they come back from a beer run they've got 2 beers each and tone of the guys gives me one and tells me to drink up.

But even if I was drunk, it wouldn't have mattered because I take the bus. I wouldn't pay for parking. 15 dollars buys you lower bowl seats, a beer, and a coupon for free wings after the game. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad