Student Rush Question

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Hello everyone, I come in peace.

I am a student down at WVU and I live with a few Pens fans who haven't been able to afford a trip to check out the Consol Center yet. We noticed the game vs the Habs on 4/17 is a student rush game, so we are going to try to go. I called the box office and they said something along the lines of despite most student rush games being online ticketing now, this one is exclusively from the box office.

How early do I have to get there to guarantee that me and my two friends get tickets?

If I go super early, can they join me at a more reasonable hour closer to when tickets go on sale and join me in line, or are they strict about "saving spots?" Or, can I just buy us three tickets with my student ID?

Where are the seats?

Any additional information is appreciated guys, thanks a lot

PittPenguin

Oct 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
For the "special" student rush games you can only get one ticket per student ID.

I've actually never gone through student rush via the line so I have no idea how people are about line cutting and such.

The seats are wherever they can put you in. My friend bought 5 student rush tickets online for Tuesday's Habs game. 3 tickets were in the upper bowl. 2 were in limited view standing room only. I've heard of people grabbing tickets from the lower bowl through student rush too though. It's really wherever they can put you.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Do you know when the box office begins to sell student rush tickets then?

I have an empty schedule the day of the game so I have no issue going up super early in the day, getting some breakfast somewhere and just hanging out. I suppose my two roommates could meet me afterwards when they get done with class, and we'd have to just hope they aren't too crazy about me "saving" them a spot.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
You should also call up and ask if they accept WVU students. I remember trying to get tickets for a Devils game and they didn't accept my ID from the last college I went to.

Azkals

Jun 15, 2012
I went to one of the traditional student rushes this year. The box office opened at 6. My group had 6 together and we got seats in 234 all together. We got got in line at about 1 with 4 people and a couple people in our group arrived 1-2 hours later. Definitely don't get there any later than 2 or you might not get in. It was a lot of fun.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
I had emailed a box office rep a month or so ago and they said they do indeed take WVU ID's.

I was gonna show up to Pittsburgh at about 11:30, get some food somewhere and then head over to the Consol and take a seat. I should be with at least one of my friends, with one or two potentially coming an hour or so later. I hope it works out.

nTsplnk*

They accept all college IDs if they're active, or at least they're supposed to. They take high school too.

Go early and get your spot with your friends. It sucks but waiting in line can be really fun if you go with a group and bring things to occupy yourselves. Pens players might come out and bring food too.

Azkals

Jun 15, 2012
I had emailed a box office rep a month or so ago and they said they do indeed take WVU ID's.

I was gonna show up to Pittsburgh at about 11:30, get some food somewhere and then head over to the Consol and take a seat. I should be with at least one of my friends, with one or two potentially coming an hour or so later. I hope it works out.

I do my eating in line. There's a Subway and TGI's literally next to the line, and a Chinese restaurant and Pizza Milano's a minute away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->