StubHub - Checking for bogus tickets

KreiMeARiver*

This really isn't true. Most events do not have the demand to warrant such a profit. Secondly, you can usually find better prices and deals on stub hub as opposed to ticketmaster. Ticketmaster charges full box-office price, plus fees. Stubhub is filled with season ticket holders selling tickets, and their cost is usually significantly lower than the individual box office price. I have gone to see the Giants and Rangers on the road many times over the past 10 years. Since stubhub has come about, I think I have only bought one game on ticketmaster. And, I am the type who will choose tickets, and go through process all the way to the end to see what my final cost is, compare it on each site and then purchase the cheaper price. The Dallas Cowboys for example, mark-up for individual games almost double. When I went there in 2010 for Giants-Cowboys, I bought tickets on stubhub for $88 each (after fees). Seller received about $65 each. When I got the tickets, price listed was $50 each. Seller made $15 per ticket, but the equivalent seats on ticketmaster would have cost me over $100 each.

yeah, actually it is true.

tjs252

Feb 10, 2007
If you bought them through stub hub, you have nothing to worry about. I've bought tickets off them plenty of times and twice had a hard time at the gate, both times they upgraded my tickets and refunded my money so I went for free. One way or another, you're fine.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Now,that is a great response. If it is true, you should try buying a bunch of tickets on ticketmaster and then flipping on stubhub and double your money.

I've tried it... It's very hard...

Almost to the point where it's scientific, it takes a ton of planning, coordinating, show stalking, tour watching, password obtaining, etc..

Reselling tickets SUCKS time out of your life... If you're a season ticket holder, it's worth it because you can essentially pay for a part of your ticket plan buy selling a few games you won't attend (particularly high-demand games like Giants-JEts, Rangers-Devils, etc)... Even some concerts will yield a high payout if you get good seats first (First ticket sale I ever made was a Depeche Mode concert at Staples Center, made a quick $60)...

BUT, some markets are terrible, and I remember losing several hundred $ on a set of Miami Heat tickets. Worst mistake I ever made. I learned, and learned good...

High-demand sports playoff games are money makers, big time. You get on presale lists, get the passwords, and buy what you want. No matter the sport, the ticket will go for much more than you paid for it, more so the face value...

Takes SO much effort though. Be prepared if you actually go down this road

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I've tried it... It's very hard...

Almost to the point where it's scientific, it takes a ton of planning, coordinating, show stalking, tour watching, password obtaining, etc..

Reselling tickets SUCKS time out of your life... If you're a season ticket holder, it's worth it because you can essentially pay for a part of your ticket plan buy selling a few games you won't attend (particularly high-demand games like Giants-JEts, Rangers-Devils, etc)... Even some concerts will yield a high payout if you get good seats first (First ticket sale I ever made was a Depeche Mode concert at Staples Center, made a quick $60)...

BUT, some markets are terrible, and I remember losing several hundred $ on a set of Miami Heat tickets. Worst mistake I ever made. I learned, and learned good...

High-demand sports playoff games are money makers, big time. You get on presale lists, get the passwords, and buy what you want. No matter the sport, the ticket will go for much more than you paid for it, more so the face value...

Takes SO much effort though. Be prepared if you actually go down this road

I know. What guys like Kreimeariver do not understand is Stubhub and the repeal of scalping laws have actually hurt the secondary market for tickets. 20 years ago, you could buy tickets through ticketmaster and sell for a profit, no longer the case. However, if Krei wants to believe it is still done, then he is free to believe what he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad