Sin City
Predators among StubHub's top 10 teams in ticket demand for first time ever

upload_2019-9-28_3-18-40.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: northeastern

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
What's their criteria? Does it remove STH vs single game tickets which are available? Does it involves any other re-sale avenues or just what's resold on SH?

Reactions: GuelphStormer

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
A popular ticket locally and I'd wager popular with some visiting teams as well. Buffalo has high TV ratings for hockey games as well. Not surprised they made this list.

Interesting, intuitively for me Buffalo would be "the one not like the others". Was expecting Sharks or Flames be higher than Sabres.

Source of data from OP is StubHub’s 2019 NHL Preview: St. Louis Demand Skyrockets after Stanley Cup Win; Golden Knights Remain #1 In-Demand Team
More ebay hockey metrics there (owner of SH) including Most popular games, players, teams & previous years.

Buffalo did pretty well including top 8 in previous years StubHub's Top 10 Most In-Demand NHL Teams 2018 by StubHub - Infogram

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Vegas at #1 is a pleasant surprise. Looks like hockey is actually working there. Good to see.
Vegas is #1 because it’s a good road city to visit. For me it’s only 3 1/2 to 4 hr drive. Also the team blocks out of town Fans from buying seats when they go on sale. If I wanted to buy seats from AXS, I had to have my wife’s in Vegas buy them for me.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The Jets can/will cancel your season tickets (and bill you the full amount for the full term) if you get caught selling anywhere but Seatexchange (I'm pretty sure anyway).

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
The Jets can/will cancel your season tickets (and bill you the full amount for the full term) if you get caught selling anywhere but Seatexchange (I'm pretty sure anyway).

Wow so arrogant, really treatin STH like money pinatas. Almost want to see what happens when the team stumbles a bit and the infinite well of STH dries up. Watch how quick they change tune on crap like that.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Wow so arrogant, really treatin STH like money pinatas. Almost want to see what happens when the team stumbles a bit and the infinite well of STH dries up. Watch how quick they change tune on crap like that.

They pass it off as a way for buyers to guarantee the ticket gets them in. Every season ticket holder I know who uses it hates it because of the fees they tack on.

Last edited:

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
This might not be too accurate as in Vancouver area I know people use Facebook to buy and sell tickets quite a bit. I actually don't know people that actually use stub hub much here. Craigslist use to be quite popular here to for tickets.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Minnesota can only go through TM now so makes sense they are not on Stub hubs list

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
What's their criteria? Does it remove STH vs single game tickets which are available? Does it involves any other re-sale avenues or just what's resold on SH?
exactly. it's a self-promotional release from stubhub picked up by a local station.

the original release seems to be here: StubHub’s 2019 NHL Preview: St. Louis Demand Skyrockets after Stanley Cup Win; Golden Knights Remain #1 In-Demand Team

im not sure how they define and measure "demand" but stubhub is hardly an objective party in anything related to this. that said though, it does seem that nashville is doing well and that's great.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
They pass it off as a way for buyers to guarantee the ticket gets them in. Every season ticket holder I know who uses it hates it because of the fees they tack on.
I used to use StubHub religiously with my wife. Then I noticed StubHub instituted a sliding 20%(most expensive ticket)-30%(less expensive) scale for its fees. Basically this has turned into TM for the secondary market. They also closed the storefront they had in Downtown Detroit which made it convenient for any issues we had occur.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I used to use StubHub religiously with my wife. Then I noticed StubHub instituted a sliding 20%(most expensive ticket)-30%(less expensive) scale for its fees. Basically this has turned into TM for the secondary market. They also closed the storefront they had in Downtown Detroit which made it convenient for any issues we had occur.

The fees are outrageous

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK has been not renewing a number of STH accounts due to too many sales (with high-ish profit). A number of horror stories.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Minnesota can only go through TM now so makes sense they are not on Stub hubs list

Same here in Vegas. We are only permitted to resell on the VGK Ticket Exchange where the fees are outrageous to buyers.

Regardless, a ton of seats are still listed on many platforms including StubHub, Vivid, etc. Many STHs including myself are convinced the Knights are working with brokers directly.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Off topic but any recommendations for buying resold tickets? Looking for a Saturday Bruins game and although I have the Stub Hub app I would appreciate some cheaper alternatives. Cheers!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Tickpick.com has no fees for buyers. 10% seller fee. So the guy selling you the tickets gets 90% of what your card is hit for.

On stubhub there is a 15% seller fee and 25-30% buyer fee. The guy selling you tickets is getting around 60 cents on the dollar with stubhub taking 40% of what they hit your card for.

Yes it’s legit no company is going to be in business for long selling bogus tickets.

zooperdooper

May 13, 2009
Tickpick.com has no fees for buyers. 10% seller fee. So the guy selling you the tickets gets 90% of what your card is hit for.

On stubhub there is a 15% seller fee and 25-30% buyer fee. The guy selling you tickets is getting around 60 cents on the dollar with stubhub taking 40% of what they hit your card for.

Yes it’s legit no company is going to be in business for long selling bogus tickets.
Tickpick is great as a buyer. Always the cheapest and you know up front how much you are paying. It should be way more popular than it is.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
As someone looking to go to a Preds game next month I don't like this list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->