Post-Game Talk: Stuart Nearly Decaffeinates Oshie - Jets win 4-3 in a shootout over Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Conversely, nothing Pavelec ever does will change how said posters will post about him. Pavelec could walk across the Red River to cure a cancer patient by laying hands on him, and they'll just complain that Pavelec is putting doctors out of work and that he can't swim.

Or for some he could just post above league average save percentage ;)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The Jets surprised me in a good way with their fight from 2 down, nice comeback OT win. Team is .500.

Nice to see Wheels flying in the third.

Still think LLW with Kane with Schief/Jokinen? and ? is best for the team.

Mods have to add (for those watching at home, thanks Engblom) the "decaffinated edition" to the name of this PGT.;)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Enstrom-Byfuglien

Can I say I told you so!

garret9'd....

Where's that gif when you need it?

Really should be a quick command on HFBoards... Whenever there is an opinion, he'll be there! Whenever someone says something that can somehow be connected to math, he'll be there! Whenever there is crime in Gotham City, he'll be there!

... That's you right? Bat costume, loads of money, a weird fascination with dressing up underage kids in tights?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Or for some he could just post above league average save percentage ;)

.. and then they'd just complain that he's ruining the curve :P

Seriously though, your assessment and views of Pavelec is certainly not among the more, uh, 'problematic' ones. I pretty much stand by what you posted -- he's near the bottom and statistically he's likelier than not already at his peak.

At least I think it was you. That sounds like something you'd say.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
Not taking this bait :shakehead

Lets see more Toby and Buff pairings. It was magic in the 3rd.

Noone is expecting to change your mind or challenge your ability to express your opinion, but it's pretty hilarious that you spend the entirety of a game thread complaining about how Pavelec doesn't do things to win us games [mod]

He didn't play a great game, and we need him to be better... but he just won us actively won us that game. Give the guy a little credit.

In other news, nice to see the guys smiling for once. Miss those moments.

Last edited by a moderator:

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Hmm... well I admit that at 3-1 I had the game written off. Did not expect the Jets to come back, let alone win it in a shootout.

What's next? Winning Lotto Max?

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
And now we cut to a highlight from the Hospital
usw0.png

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Very tough to think about moving a guy like Buff with the way he's played this year.

Guy has been one of, if not out best player.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
The Jet Coaster is on the incline right now. Bloody emotional Leviathan.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Very tough to think about moving a guy like Buff with the way he's played this year.

Guy has been one of, if not out best player.

IMO, his smaller half has been better. But honestly, our top 4 (Bogo has a bit to work on, but he has been looking better) has looked really good.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Really should be a quick command on HFBoards... Whenever there is an opinion, he'll be there! Whenever someone says something that can somehow be connected to math, he'll be there! Whenever there is crime in Gotham City, he'll be there!

... That's you right? Bat costume, loads of money, a weird fascination with dressing up underage kids in tights?

You are suffering from confirmation bias, Romang. Just because you want to see Garret in tights and a mask doesn't mean it's true.

Here's a youtube expose of the real Garret as Minh, the evil math genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GuJYMFBQjI

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Will be a shame to see Buff in the US jersey come February :P

Yeah... Our midget wasn't one of the invited players to the Olympics meeting for the Swedish roster. Johnny O was. Brodin was. Grossman was. A lot of players was. But not Toby.

I'm not a big fan of our coach.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That was awesome. Was pulling for the Jets to make the comeback. Byfuglien pass to Enstrom on the tying goal was a thing on beauty.

Hopefully Trouba is ok, he's a beaut. Love the look of your team moving forward.

Thanks BB v2! We have a lot of work to do but it was a huge win for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad