Post-Game Talk: Stuart Nearly Decaffeinates Oshie - Jets win 4-3 in a shootout over Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It wasn't at all pretty but I give Pav props for finding an (unorthodox) way to win that shootout.

Could this be the turnaround for Wheeler? Will this give the team some confidence?

Maybe, just maybe sitting a guy like Seto woke the club up, top 6 in particular who all played pretty well tonight. (after the first period)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It wasn't at all pretty but I give Pav props for finding an (unorthodox) way to win that shootout.

Could this be the turnaround for Wheeler? Will this give the team some confidence?

Hahah! Yeah: Pavs sprawling all over the place to make a save in the SO. :D

Wheeler looked like Wheeler from last year, at least in the 3rd. Hopefully that was the sound and sight of the light turning on in his head. :nod:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
As a valiant Pavelec defender, I'll be the first to say that he didn't have a good game today. He needs to get back to the form he had the first 4 games (when he was also crucified by certain posters for the goals he let in...)

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
LA LA LA LA LA !!!!!!!

spongebob_gif_by_smileyface102-d2yk1j6.gif

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Man, I still can't get over Peluso in the shootout. Guy played well but I think there's a point to rewarding a player :laugh:

Maybe Noel just wanted to fake out Elliot so he'd let one in.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I love Tony P. But come on. The 5th shooter? That's nuts. Scheifele might have his struggles, but with no defence, I cannot think of anyone on this team who has sweeter hands. At any rate, we are very fortunate to pick up the deuce. We played well in the last 10 + OT and shootout. That said, the bulk of the game we were a steaming pile.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Man, I still can't get over Peluso in the shootout. Guy played well but I think there's a point to rewarding a player :laugh:

Maybe Noel just wanted to fake out Elliot so he'd let one in.

I've heard Peluso is pretty great in the post praccy shootouts :)

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
man with 2 d down, the big guys stepped up. WOW on the buff/enstrom pairing. Wish they were always like that. Hoping for the best for Trouba. Just glad the jets responded to it and rallied back.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The outcome of the game doesn't change how Pavs played. He made the saves he needed to when he had to. He gives up the rebounds way too easily, though.

Conversely, nothing Pavelec ever does will change how said posters will post about him. Pavelec could walk across the Red River to cure a cancer patient by laying hands on him, and they'll just complain that Pavelec is putting doctors out of work and that he can't swim.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That was awesome. Was pulling for the Jets to make the comeback. Byfuglien pass to Enstrom on the tying goal was a thing on beauty.

Hopefully Trouba is ok, he's a beaut. Love the look of your team moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad