Strome, Huberdeau or Rask?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I asked this in the Sabres forum... but considering these three, which order would you take them in. Curious because it looks like Buffalo will finish without being able to select Couturier or Nugent-Hopkins, so one of these three appear likely for the Sabres.

My personal opinion

1) Ryan Strome

2) Victor Rask

3) Jonathan Huberdeau

Ron Barr

Doing it to Death
Dec 23, 2009
bdddddddet
As a Sabres fan, I would take Strome first, if not him then Rask. Strome looks so damn talented, and looks like he could potentially be a solid all-around player and leader too. I haven't seen a lot of him though, nor have I seen much of the other two, so my opinion probably isn't the most valid.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
double posted this. sorry. if someone can get rid of one of them I'd appreciate it. My apologies

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
I'd say Huberdeau. Rask isn't comparable to Huberdeau nor Strome but people are saying Huberdeau could end up getting picked before Couturier. On nhl.com there is 3 mock drafts... Huberdeau is ranked 5th, 6th and 14th while Strome is ranked 19th, 21st and 8th. In the recent CSS NA rankings Huberdeau is 4th while Strome is 19th...(Rask is 9th in the Europe Rankings)......

Id say its clear you'd take Huberdeau but thats just my opinion

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I'd say Huberdeau. Rask isn't comparable to Huberdeau nor Strome but people are saying Huberdeau could end up getting picked before Couturier. On nhl.com there is 3 mock drafts... Huberdeau is ranked 5th, 6th and 14th while Strome is ranked 19th, 21st and 8th. In the recent CSS NA rankings Huberdeau is 4th while Strome is 19th...(Rask is 9th in the Europe Rankings)......

Plus his net presence will fit in well in Buffalo.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

Those mock drafts on nhl.com is imo pretty bad. Jaskin isn't even in the top30 of any of them, and Strome is way too low on 2 out of 3. I don't like CSS rankings either, but I'm no expert.

I'm not sure at the moment if I would take Strome or Huberdeau, but Rask is third to me.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
ISS Top 30 has the centers in the 1st round ranked as follows as of Dec. 16/10

1. Couturier
2. Nugent-Hopkins
3. Strome
4. Rask
5. Mark McNeill
6. Rocco Grimaldi
7. Dan Catenacci