Strickland's Comedy Corner

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Figure we can make a thread dedicated to this brilliant "journalist" and gets some laughs out of it.

To start things off, Strickland has once again talked about Stewart. Tweeting how he gets the lowest ice time among the top 67 top scorers, but fails to mention his increased amount of shifts and increased ice time since he has started to score on a regular basis.

Then he goes into an "article" without much substance and just random speculation about trading Stewart.

I'm sure the comedy routine will have some new material in the near future.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Figure we can make a thread dedicated to this brilliant "journalist" and gets some laughs out of it.

To start things off, Strickland has once again talked about Stewart. Tweeting how he gets the lowest ice time among the top 67 top scorers, but fails to mention his increased amount of shifts and increased ice time since he has started to score on a regular basis.

Then he goes into an "article" without much substance and just random speculation about trading Stewart.

I'm sure the comedy routine will have some new material in the near future.

I wonder if Stewart gave him the finger about an interview and now he is a little salty.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wonder if Stewart gave him the finger about an interview and now he is a little salty.

I love how everyone time people call him out for it on twitter, he tries to say he is just being neutral on the situation.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Strickland's obsession with this story really is quite hilarious. It's not like he's giving any information whatsoever either. It's just the basic vague **** as usual. "Don't be surprised if..." "Could the Blues...?" "Armstrong has to make a decision about..." There is literally nothing in that article that is even close to being news worthy. I guess Strick has to entertain himself somehow though, so this is what he's currently choosing to write about.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
At one point, he did have some sources, but it seemed like he just hung around the Blues practices and events and caught people who heard from a guy about stuff. Now he's either copping Eklund, people have caught on and they aren't talking to him, or, even funnier, the guys who used to float soft rumors to him have started to give him insane rumors deliberately. If it's the last one, it's possible he has caught on and realizes he's out in the cold, but it's also possible that he's just regurgitating whatever he hears.

It is entirely possible the Blues trade Stewart, but I agree, it's just speculation on Strickland's part, not inside info. The dude is a complete hack who is barely literate. However, if it's such a seller's market out there, expect Stewart to get a great return.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This whole Strickland/Stewart **** is really annoying. It's just pure speculation, and I'm sure he knows it will attract readers. I never read anything Strickland writes after his whole "Tarasenko's not coming, I have a reliable source" ******** situation. Stewart very well might be traded, but I'd be willing to bet Strickland does not have anyone close to the organization that is telling him that.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Playoff team currently check. Our team is playing well check. Trade our leading scorer who makes every line he is placed on better check? wait what?:help:

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Not sure why anyone cares.

We sit here and complain about Strickland but half the people on here will hit up hockeybuzz three times per day or read Larry Brooks and Bruce Garrioch as if their word is gospel.

Don't follow him on twitter or read his stuff it's annoying to you. For some reason though, people still have to have a need to follow him and then complain about his "work"..or lack thereof.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure why anyone cares.

We sit here and complain about Strickland but half the people on here will hit up hockeybuzz three times per day or read Larry Brooks and Bruce Garrioch as if their word is gospel.

Don't follow him on twitter or read his stuff it's annoying to you. For some reason though, people still have to have a need to follow him and then complain about his "work"..or lack thereof.

I don't follow the other ones, but reading Strickland is like reading the trade and rumors board, a lot of comic relief and some frustration. It amuses me more than it frustrates. It's like the movie Takers, it's so bad, that you have to finish it.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I don't follow the other ones, but reading Strickland is like reading the trade and rumors board, a lot of comic relief and some frustration. It amuses me more than it frustrates. It's like the movie Takers, it's so bad, that you have to finish it.

I get that..but I don't get that it annoys you so much that you must make a thread about it.

But, that's just like, my opinion, man. :)

For instance, one thing that annoys me about Andy, is that he is SO worried about getting the first scoop, that he will often get things wrong..sometimes more often than he's right.

But that's the nature of the internet and blogosphere. These guys make a living doing this, believe it or not. Seven years ago, Andy didn't have a radio show. He really took this to a career. Whether you think he's a hack or not really has no bearing on what he will or will not continue to do.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I get that..but I don't get that it annoys you so much that you must make a thread about it.

But, that's just like, my opinion, man. :)

Maybe we can use this for his "rumors" and the trade proposal thread can be for the other rumors. ;)

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Stewart doesn't kill penalties which obviously affects his minutes. Who was on the ice for the overtime against the Ducks?Stewart is well liked in the room and stands up for his teammates. I can't see him being dealt unless the Blues feel they won't be able to sign him.

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Stewart doesn't kill penalties which obviously affects his minutes. Who was on the ice for the overtime against the Ducks?Stewart is well liked in the room and stands up for his teammates. I can't see him being dealt unless the Blues feel they won't be able to sign him.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

I agree, and I'd be surprised if we didn't feel we could sign him. He took a pay-cut to stay here, he'll want a good contract now, but I don't see him pricing himself out of staying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad