Speculation: Streit

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Streit would be an excellent player to sign for 2-3 years until Sproul and Ouellet are ready for the NHL. Let's be frank, despite Streit being 35 years old, it wouldn't be the equivalent to signing Sammy or Cleary because he would still be usefull. Why?

The Red Wings' power play is worse than Titus Young's police record IN A WEEK. That's bad. Don't even argue that with me. Kindl looked good on the point, for what he is at this time, but they still need someone experienced. I know, it's weird saying that now. That's a good thing though.

I don't think it's a coincidence that once Ralfaski and Lidstrom left the PP has been the worst we've ever seen. And to be honest, that was the deciding factor of winning and losing a lot of games.

Put it this way; I hope to GOD it would take Brunner off the point. Can we all at least agree that would be a good thing?

don't get me wrong i'm not saying the power play is good or that we shouldn't try to improve it but worst we've ever seen? it wasn't really THAT bad this year

the Wings were 15th in the league in pp% this season

last season? 21st

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Put it this way; I hope to GOD it would take Brunner off the point. Can we all at least agree that would be a good thing?

Yes. I think Brunner was put on point to reduce his scoring (more low percentage shots) to get a cheaper extension. Next season he'll be at forward position at 1st unit on the left side and scores +30.

What comes to pointmen, Kindl has developed, Kronwall is ok, Smith will be better, and healthy Coaiacovo available. And Sammy will be on the point. :)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Worth pointing out Streit had lost some of his more major PP minutes this last season and is declining in that aspect of his game. Part of the reason Lubo was went out and got by the Isles to begin with.

Is this true?

Streit finished #1 in total PP mins, #1 in PP points, and #1 by a decent gap in PP TOI/G for Islanders d-men.

It ended up with Streit averaging 3:45 of PP TOI/G and Lubo with 3:12 PP TOI/g. Seems like Streit was the go-to guy on the PP.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Is this true?

Streit finished #1 in total PP mins, #1 in PP points, and #1 by a decent gap in PP TOI/G for Islanders d-men.

It ended up with Streit averaging 3:45 of PP TOI/G and Lubo with 3:12 PP TOI/g. Seems like Streit was the go-to guy on the PP.

You're right, and it's incredibly easy to find this information.

Streit: #1 in TOI 5v4 in the playoffs
Streit: #1 in Corsi relative to QOC
Streit: #1 in points/60 mins among guys who get legit IT.
Streit: #1 in team shooting percentage among guys who get legit IT.
Streit: #1 in goals per 60 mins

I'm not particularly interested in Streit but he's Kenny's wet dream: an old guy at the end of the line who might take a little less to play in Detroit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You're right, and it's incredibly easy to find this information.

Streit: #1 in TOI 5v4 in the playoffs
Streit: #1 in Corsi relative to QOC
Streit: #1 in points/60 mins among guys who get legit IT.
Streit: #1 in team shooting percentage among guys who get legit IT.
Streit: #1 in goals per 60 mins

I'm not particularly interested in Streit but he's Kenny's wet dream: an old guy at the end of the line who might take a little less to play in Detroit.

If I'm correct, you are one who would like to get a high-end offensive d-man, is that right?

What's your opinion on Streit assuming that role for 1-2 seasons?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
how would we fit streit into our lineup? our dcorps?

its all well and good to say "by buying out KQ and CC" or by "sending CC and KQ to the press box for 82 games" or by "sabotaging our future success by demoting or releasing one of kindl, dekeyser or smith" but are these really well thought out ideas?

the only guy who may get bought out is sammy and thats it

defence is not our main problem

offensive points from our defence isnt not our main problem

a weak, small and unskilled top 6 is our main problem

deal with the actual problem

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If I'm correct, you are one who would like to get a high-end offensive d-man, is that right?

What's your opinion on Streit assuming that role for 1-2 seasons?

I'd like to get a guy who can play on the top pairing with Ericsson so Kronwall can be our #3 dman and contribute on offense. Add Smith and Sproul and "rebuild on the fly."

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1. Streit does not work with the Wings cap.
2. Babcock is not hoping getting a new defenceman, he wants size to offense.

/end of discussion.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was wondering who would be enough stupid to sign Streit, or maybe even trade something for him.

Surprise, Paul Holmgren. :nod:

Let's see what kind of contract he signs and what kind of season he has before we call that move dumb....

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
1. Streit does not work with the Wings cap.
2. Babcock is not hoping getting a new defenceman, he wants size to offense.

/end of discussion.

Since when does Streit fit the Flyers cap there already 2 million over the cap and they have to buyout Briere and Bryz to be able to sign Streit plus put Pronger on LTIR he fits our cap alot better then there.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 16m
As per @DarrenDreger, Mark Streit and PHI agree to terms on a four-year contract. Streit was scheduled to be UFA on July 5.

4 years...:help:
and it's rumoured be 22mil/4y ouch

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
That juice definitely wasn't worth the squeezing...these players are never going to be worth stupid contracts they get when they hit the open market. Still a serviceable player but that's a typical Flyers move where they go after one of the big names available and overspend.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Since when does Streit fit the Flyers cap there already 2 million over the cap and they have to buyout Briere and Bryz to be able to sign Streit plus put Pronger on LTIR he fits our cap alot better then there.

That's what they do. Their off season plans are built on two compliance buyouts and one LTIR bury happening. Wings off season plans are to add talent without subtracting first.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Unreal.

How dumb are GMs out there?

I mean, I'd be fine with 2years, 5 million per, but 4 years and 5.5 if true? Wow.

And remember that post about having Holland or Holmgren?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Flyers were desperate for D, that's for sure. They also struck out on Weber and Sutter.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Free agency just isn't the way to find guys...at least a reasonable price. Be thankfuly they could reign in DD like they did. As far as I'm concerned, their defense is set already for next year. I'm hoping Quincey plays well in a contract year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Free agency just isn't the way to find guys...at least a reasonable price. Be thankfuly they could reign in DD like they did. As far as I'm concerned, their defense is set already for next year. I'm hoping Quincey plays well in a contract year.

Seems that way. You almost want to sympathize with Holland's complaints about free agency. ;)

The d did an admirable job defending. It was scoring that suffered. Smith, Quincey, and Kindl boosting their production would go a long, long way and make a guy like Streit unnecessary.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Seems that way. You almost want to sympathize with Holland's complaints about free agency. ;)

The d did an admirable job defending. It was scoring that suffered. Smith, Quincey, and Kindl boosting their production would go a long, long way and make a guy like Streit unnecessary.

They were top 5 last year, and should be more mobile with a season of DD.

I'm actually fine with the seven guys, iffy on Smith though.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
He got even dumber. :shakehead

5.25 caphit confirmed. Wideman-money. And he can't play PK like Wideman did.

:laugh:

And people thought Holmgren would do a better job as Wings GM than Holland is. I wouldn't mind Streit on a 2 or 3 year deal worth 5.25M but that 4th year is going to be realbad.

Who does that leave on the UFA market for Dmen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad