Stormgate (RTS by ex-Blizzard developers - Frost Giant Studios)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

As a long time fan of the RTS genre, and Blizzard used to be the kings of that genre with the Starcraft and Warcraft franchises, so it excites me to see some of those developers moving onto to continue pursuing the genre now that ActiBlizz has no future plans to make RTS games. Also the simple statements like "no pay to win, no NFTs, etc" are remarkably simple, but somehow refreshing in 2022.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Blizzard DNA is strong with them. Most of the presentation is cinematics. If you just care about gameplay, like me, skip to the end, at 5:01, for two whole screenshots.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Man I’m BEGGING for this to be a carbon copy of SC/WC. I need that in my life!

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I wish them success, but they should have waited till they had something more to show.
Its a new studio. You need something to sell to investors to get off the ground and keep the studio open. You can't afford to wait to have a mature product if you're aiming for a serious title as a new studio.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Cautiously optimistic about this. I'm a huge fan of StarCraft but nothing has been able to replicate that level of balance/success.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Last time a group of former Blizzard employees went off on their own we got Hellgate London which was meh and within a year after release the online portal was closed if I recall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad