GDT: STORM WINGS 2 DÉJÀ VU ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I’m guessing they plan out the goalie rotation in advance. Easier to tell Mrazek he’s sitting after the shutout when he knew that before the game started. Give Reimer a game and continue on.

Since Mrazek and Reimer play very different styles, I think running a split for these 2 game series makes sense strategically. It’s more like a typical season for the opponent going from an aggressive goalie to a patient goalie with sound position. Barring injury I think we will see closer to a 50-50 split than last season (Mrazek 38 starts, Reimer 24 starts.)

Makes sense but so does giving then both multiple games at a time (provided they aren't back to back nights) because once we get to the playoffs we won't be rotating.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Of course. He's the NHL's all time leader in points per game. It's what he does.

not as of last night, since Kaprizov got 3 points in his debut

Pretty sure Geekie is still the NHL career leader in regular season goals per game @ 1.5.

There was a poll on the main boards asking whether any player would score 50 goals this season. I pointed out that if Geekie got more than 34 games he'd do it. That's just math! :DD

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I’m guessing they plan out the goalie rotation in advance. Easier to tell Mrazek he’s sitting after the shutout when he knew that before the game started. Give Reimer a game and continue on.

Since Mrazek and Reimer play very different styles, I think running a split for these 2 game series makes sense strategically. It’s more like a typical season for the opponent going from an aggressive goalie to a patient goalie with sound position. Barring injury I think we will see closer to a 50-50 split than last season (Mrazek 38 starts, Reimer 24 starts.)
I would think certain opponents might play a style or tend to get certain types of chances more so that one of the two goalie styles might be more effective against them. Just switching them up might not always make sense in that case. Regardless, we've been pretty good selecting the correct goalie the past couple years, so I trust the process.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
NHL.tv showing me the home feed for both home and away links. That's irritating.

Edit: I guess it's just taking them time to sort out the away feed...

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The fox sports go app is struggling badly right now. Freezing up every 2 minutes, lagging horribly, unable to give a quality HD stream

I have gigabit internet while giving this streaming device priority, so I know the issues are on Sinclair's end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad