GDT: STORM WINGS 2 DÉJÀ VU ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
So here we are... WAIT. Haven't I done this before?

Of course, I have. We are just facing Retroit Dead Rings again. Given the unique, messed up circumstances of this season, we are bound to experience this kind of repetition about 25 times. Facing the exact same foe as before. Getting a rematch.

This makes momentum all the more important. In these mini-series it is important, no CRUCIAL, TO NOT JUST DEFEAT OUR OPPOSITION BUT BURY IT UNDER THE ICE. Especially on the road.

WE MUST BURN DOWN THEIR BUILDING TO ITS FOUNDATION. TO SALT THE EARTH. TO MAKE THEM REGRET THAT THE SEASON IS BACK.

What better season is there for unleashing years of pent-up fury and rage THAN THE ONE WHICH FOLLOWS THE (ONGOING) CHAOS OF THE PAST YEAR.

SURVIVE. PREVAIL. DOMINATE. TAKE OVER AND TAKE VENGEANCE.

A sentence to acknowledge the Red Wings.

YIELD.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Do we change up shooting angles and spots? Despite outshooting them 36-13 in ES, they had one more high danger chance than us. Also, the expected goals total was only one higher than Detroit’s.

The PK was ridiculous. The PK had the same amount of shots on goal as their PP.

reimer or Mrazek?
What level of line changes do we see with Staal out?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Do we change up shooting angles and spots? Despite outshooting them 36-13 in ES, they had one more high danger chance than us. Also, the expected goals total was only one higher than Detroit’s.

The PK was ridiculous. The PK had the same amount of shots on goal as their PP.

reimer or Mrazek?
What level of line changes do we see with Staal out?

The goalie choice is the hardest one for me. Petr looked calm and in control, he's on a shut out streak and there's a much better chance he shuts the wings down again then the Preds Monday. On the flip side it would be good to get Riems in against lesser competition and build some confidence to start the season.

Tough call

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The goalie choice is the hardest one for me. Petr looked calm and in control, he's on a shut out streak and there's a much better chance he shuts the wings down again then the Preds Monday. On the flip side it would be good to get Riems in against lesser competition and build some confidence to start the season.

Tough call

I’m guessing they plan out the goalie rotation in advance. Easier to tell Mrazek he’s sitting after the shutout when he knew that before the game started. Give Reimer a game and continue on.

Since Mrazek and Reimer play very different styles, I think running a split for these 2 game series makes sense strategically. It’s more like a typical season for the opponent going from an aggressive goalie to a patient goalie with sound position. Barring injury I think we will see closer to a 50-50 split than last season (Mrazek 38 starts, Reimer 24 starts.)

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
If i’m Rod, I just tell the goalies they’re swapping out every time they play a new opppnent. Mrazek has the Wings, Reimer gets the Preds, Mrazek back against the Panthers...
I THINK THEY WILL TRY TO ROLL EACH OF THEM AT LEAST A COUPLE TIMES. BECAUSE ULTIMATELY YOU GET A TEAM FROM THE DIVISION IN THE PLAY-OFF. YOU NEED BOTH GOALIES TO BE SOMEWHAT TESTED.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->