Confirmed with Link: Stone up Rundblad down

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Not directly related to this thread, but did anybody else feel like Schlemko looked a little uncomfortable playing the right side? I thought he played fine, but that's one little nitpick.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not directly related to this thread, but did anybody else feel like Schlemko looked a little uncomfortable playing the right side? I thought he played fine, but that's one little nitpick.

He actually asked to be put there, and that he favors it over the left.

theTik41

Jan 21, 2013
any chance this has to do with rundblad being named to the ahl all star game? he and bolduc were each named ahl all star game and i think its this weekend.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
This is just an unfortunate result of having too many D men. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, it was after 2 games. I'm sure Tippet and Co. have a plan.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
He actually asked to be put there, and that he favors it over the left.
Huh, really? I'm not 100% on this, but I thought it was Klesla who said he prefers it on the left, and that Schlemko said something about it being an adjustment for him recently.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
If I were David Schlemko, I'd be saying the same thing. True or not, that's the only spot open.
Great point. It doesn't help him that Stone and Rundblad are both right-hand shots and have the full confidence of the Coyotes brass. It's going to be very hard for Summers and Gormley to get much NHL time this year, even if there are injuries (knock on wood).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Huh, really? I'm not 100% on this, but I thought it was Klesla who said he prefers it on the left, and that Schlemko said something about it being an adjustment for him recently.

Defenseman David Schlemko is also making an adjustment in working alongside Rusty Klesa.

“I think we played the whole first half of last year together before I got hurt,†Schlemko said. “There the only difference is I’m playing the right side instead of Rusty. I played the right side lots before, so I’m pretty comfortable back there. Just a day or two to get used to, but it feels good now.â€

Why would they even change in the first place? Are Rundblad and Stone both right D? Trying to limit the amount of change Klesla has to deal with?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
When he was introduced right after LOL as part of the 12-13 Coyotes, he had a very disgusted look on his face. I remember laughing (this was before I knew he was a healthy scratch) because I thought he must've just felt awkward about the whole thing (especially being the first skater introduced, etc.) but in retrospect, he might've been legitimately pissed off. He really did look it (and he's a player who generally looks fairly pleased, all of the time, from what I've seen. I mean, google image the kid, for crying out loud).

Uh, Barbie jersey #1, Rundblad Jersey #2?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Uh, Barbie jersey #1, Rundblad Jersey #2?

I know that. But the spectacle was new. By the time they got to Korpikoski everyone had it down. It's a bit like being the first kid in class to have to read your book report. Especially if you are the new guy, as well. At least that's what I thought. Maybe he just doesn't cope well with forced grandeur. Maybe he had gas. I don't know. I never will. I no longer care. Haha.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Sullivan, Hanzal, Klesla given practice off. Tippett was coy about why.

Well we know Sully left in per 1 and didn't play in 3. Hanzal and Klesla get hurt a lot...

Hope its just an extra day to shake off some soreness.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't think it deserved it's own thread.

- Maine Hockey Journal on Facebook

That doesn't make much sense. Granted, we play the Sharks and then have 3 at home, but still. Sending a guy who is doing well in the AHL to the CHL seems a little too proactive.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
you guys are overreacting.

When Gretzky used to sit Yandle out routinely we complained. A couple of years later he was in the run for the Norris.

When OEL was scratched frequently his rookie season we complained. He's now the best player in the organization.

Let's let Tippett and Maloney do their thing. Stone can play at the NHL level. Rundblad will develop into an impact player if he gets some more time in the AHL.

Agreed. It could simply be a move to get him top minutes playing in all situations down in the A. Rangers did this McDonagh and brought him up mid season and he played great at the NHL level for the 2nd half.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well it goes with what Wildcat was hinting at last night. Might be true.

He isn't on the game notes for tonight. Maybe he is on a plane to Phoenix but they haven't filed it yet. Curious to see if someone goes on IR or gets sent down.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
He isn't on the game notes for tonight. Maybe he is on a plane to Phoenix but they haven't filed it yet. Curious to see if someone goes on IR or gets sent down.

The ticker on NHL Network says we recalled both Chad Johnson and Rundblad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad