Rumor: Stone doesn't want to play in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Per Louis Jean of TVA:

Après Karlsson, Stone sur le départ? - TVA Sports

«Ce qu’on m’a dit, c’est que Mark Stone ne veut plus être à Ottawa. Il ne veut plus jouer à Ottawa. Il est frustré, car il voit la direction vers laquelle le club s’en va. L’équipe n’est pas capable de retenir ses bons joueurs.»

Translation: “What I’ve been told is that Mark Stone doesn’t want to be in Ottawa. He doesn’t want to play in Ottawa. He’s frustrated because he sees the direction where the team is going, and the team is no longer capable of keeping its good players.”

Colour me so goddamn surprised if true.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
DndzyD6WwAIgUtQ.jpg

"Pathetic"

Reactions: BigRig4

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Per Louis Jean of TVA:

Après Karlsson, Stone sur le départ? - TVA Sports

«Ce qu’on m’a dit, c’est que Mark Stone ne veut plus être à Ottawa. Il ne veut plus jouer à Ottawa. Il est frustré, car il voit la direction vers laquelle le club s’en va. L’équipe n’est pas capable de retenir ses bons joueurs.»

Translation: “What I’ve been told is that Mark Stone doesn’t want to be in Ottawa. He doesn’t want to play in Ottawa. He’s frustrated because he sees the direction where the team is going, and the team is no longer capable of keeping its good players.”

Colour me so goddamn surprised if true.
Yep, cant see anyone blaming him

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Pretty obvious from the one year contract he signed.

I wouldn't want to waste my prime with this kind of talent pool either. I know there's some optimism among a few, but this could get really really ugly this year. Terrible team followed by trades of our remaining few good players.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Absolutely no source. This is pure conjecture. Dude is talking out of his ass.

?

Do journalists typically reveal their sources?(bush league non-journalists like Susan Sherring don't count)

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Absolutely no source. This is pure conjecture. Dude is talking out of his ass.

He's a journalist, when do they ever reveal their sources?

The writing was very much ont he wall when they signed Stone to a 1 year deal. It's clear his days are numbered.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why would a top line winger one year from being a UFA... Choose playing for an owner that wont do sweet f***all to improve the team???He will be gone too ,and we will have a pile of magic beans

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Assume they all view the owner in the same vein as EK did, not a chance I would work for the guy and I'm a die hard and lifelong fan of the team, imagine having less emotional attachment and then look at Euge...lol. I get it if you have no options but if you do, it would be silly to not try an move on to greener pastures so to speak.

the bigger question will be once the current talent moves on, what decent UFA in their right mind would sign here? I will take all the pain in the world and would accept the roster and team being absolutely shredded to pieces if it meant even the slightest chance we got a proper ownership group on board.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
We are watching the death of a franchise. No star players on the roster, no one in the stands watching, no bailout from the city, no first round pick this year to generate some hope. This is the end of this franchise. There has never been a team in the NHL with a bleaker outlook both on and off the ice.

Some other NHL-calibre city will step up with a huge relocation offer and the BoG of the NHL will feel compelled to allow the move while lining the pockets of the owners with a handsome fee.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I still think if he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t have bothered going to arbitration. Hold out for a trade instead. I’m not buying this report

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Don't worry StooGene and Pacifier Pete will acquire more 4th liners for him and get an LTIR contract to make the Salary floor, and 2 years from now they will get the 3rd pick in the lottery and, armed with the next Zibanejad, prepare to rule the league from the salary floor where real contenders come from!

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We are watching the death of a franchise. No star players on the roster, no one in the stands watching, no bailout from the city, no first round pick this year to generate some hope. This is the end of this franchise. There has never been a team in the NHL with a bleaker outlook both on and off the ice.

Some other NHL-calibre city will step up with a huge relocation offer and the BoG of the NHL will feel compelled to allow the move while lining the pockets of the owners with a handsome fee.
There are billionaires lined up to buy the team and develop Lebreton flats.

You aren't witnessing the death of a franchise, but the last gasps of the Melnyk ownership...it's a BEAUTIFUL THING!!!

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I still think if he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t have bothered going to arbitration. Hold out for a trade instead. I’m not buying this report

I dont buy that entirely.

He did what he needed to do to maximize his 1 year contract.

Holding out for a trade would damage his stock.

He leveraged the arbitration against the chaotic situation in Ottawa and grabbed himself another million bucks.

So he gambles on himself, gets a nice payday and controls his future as a UFA while he waits to if the Sens org gets turned around at all.

People always make things so binary like he can only want to stay or only want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad