Confirmed Trade: [STL/WPG] Paul Stastny (50% retained) for Erik Foley, 2018 1st round, 2020 conditional 4th round

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
He's playing like he cares and not to flashy, really is a very good centre; way better than Little. Hope we can sign as well.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
He's playing like he cares and not to flashy, really is a very good centre; way better than Little. Hope we can sign as well.

It'll be one and done in Winnipeg. We have 54.4M in the books for next year with 8 RFA's to sign, including Trouba Morrissey and Hellebuyck. Those RFA's probably bring us up to somewhere between 75-77M. Then a new deal to Enstrom who they will very likely re-sign for his loyalty in the ED. Basically the cap goes up to 80M and we'll still be a cap team regardless. Year after that Wheeler and Laine need new deals and that money comes from letting Myers and Mason walk. And we'll continue being a cap team.

Stastny is the 2nd best C behind JT in the FA market, and he's already getting paid 7M bucks. Someone is going to give him too much money and term.

I'd love to sign him if the salary cap didn't exist.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Cant wait for him to sign with the Avs this summer. Such an underrated player. Yeah his offense can be inconsistent at times but he's got a really good 2-way game so he's always adding something to the team even if the points sometimes are harder to come by.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Cant wait for him to sign with the Avs this summer. Such an underrated player. Yeah his offense can be inconsistent at times but he's got a really good 2-way game so he's always adding something to the team even if the points sometimes are harder to come by.

That would be pretty cool tbh. We'd have some emotional games against each other after Stastny gets a cup ring with us ;)

No but seriously it would be nice to see the Avs get rewarded for their good year with a Stastny signing. Would be a nice fit with the younger guys.

Nov 24, 2006

Do you think he'll sign with the Avs?

Did he leave Colorado as a free agent, or was it a trade? Can't recall.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Glad to see Stas get his due recognition. Just a really solid playmaking and two way center any way you cut it.

I really wonder where he will sign....St. Louis, Colorado or Winnipeg would be my bets.

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
The media has never caught on to how good Stastny is defensively. He deserved to get Selke votes many of his years with Colorado, but for whatever reason he just doesn't get talked about when it comes to the "usual suspects" at center.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
He's an UFA after this year, so unless he's willing to take a pay cut, probably not. He was instrumental in cementing the 2C role behind Scheifele. I have no idea what's going to happen, but they have Little (still a mid-6 C, though effectiveness is down), Copp, Lowry, and Roslovic that can play depth behind Scheifele. I think they start grooming Roslovic for that mid-C role to replace Little, and move Litts to the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad