GDT: STL vs COL: From their perpective

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Sorry for the delay but had to put together 23 pages worth. Remember that the purpose of this is to see how they view the game on the other side and not to troll or flame individual posters.

Link: GDT: - Game 58: Avs vs Blues | 1 PM MT | February 16, 2019

How many goals and points will ROR get today?

This has the potential to be a really good hockey game. Avs and Blues have been two of the best teams in the league from an advanced state perspective in 2019. If Varly really has turned the corner and found his game again this could be some awesome hockey.

Those better not be the lines. Jost at 2C and Soderberg on the 3rd line is disgraceful.

Let’s bring the extreme negativity again. Worked against the Jets.

I think MacKinnon doesn’t want to be in Colorado anymore.

I heard he's already packing his bags, headed to Montreal to be back on the east coast with his bff.

Hopefully Zadorov flings him into the stands and starts beating him to death with a shoe, while McNab cheers on the good old days.

??? That's the lineup that beat the Jets.

Didn't his agent say it might be best to move on?

Or was that the agent of some Finnish guy? I guess we're losing Rantanen not MacGinnon.

And Jost looked atrocious once again the entire game.

Yup! It's both actually. Even Makar, IIRC according to a guy in Calgary, who has connections to Cales uncle, he wants to be closer to Alberta so it's likely that he stays the full 4 years and signs in Calgary/Edmonton. I could see Vancouver or Seattle taking a run at him too.

Winning this one would be HUGE, losing it could be HUG(h)E(s).

giphy.gif

Sorry...

Either the Avs will win or the Blues will win this game.

Let’s do this!

Streaking their way to being buyers!!!

Hopefully he takes Zadorov with him. That guy sucks.

I'm sorry, were we reverse jinxing guys or just saying things that are true?

A loss today pretty much guarantees we only have a shot at a wildcard spot. I know it's extremely unlikely we make the playoffs, let alone finish top 3 in the conference, but a loss today will cement that fact.

I hope the guys have fun out there.

Gonna say today is the day the big line finally wakes up in a big way.

5-2 Avs win, Top line combines for 11 points including a Hatty from Mack and 5 points from Rantanen.

Ehhhhhhh I have zero expectations for today. STL mostly has the Avs' number, and they addressed their one glaring weakness (Jake Allen) so now, surprise, they're winning.

Too soon for "must win"?

Maybe the most important game so far this season. A win here could rejuvenate the team, while a loss might make them believe the last win was just an anomaly.

Avs will do the most predictable thing and instead of using the momentum of the last game to propel them to victory will somehow get beaten like a redheaded stepchild

7-2 Blues

it's worse because they give you hope. Like oh is this the squad? nope. Mega nope.

The Avs either show up and smoke the blues, or don't show up. Hopefully they show up, because our playoffs hopes are in big trouble if they don't

Tank commander! Unicorns do exist!

tumblr_m7cx0v0Fgp1rbaxuco1_500.gif

Going to be a tough game. Blues are really good and even when Varlamov is playing well Tank seems to have his number.

I know people look at the standings and think this is a must win but in all honesty the Blues aren't a team we need to worry about. They're making the playoffs regardless so their success in a game like this isn't relevant. Minnesota is the team we're chasing.

This isn't a 4 point game, it's a 2 point game. Hope we win, but if we don't it's not the end of the world. Obviously we have to start stringing some wins together if we want any chance at the playoffs anyway but this simply isn't a game I expect to win.

Looks like no Steen for the Blues, Fabbri in, and Allen in net.

Defense pairing suggestion...

View attachment 187341

View attachment 187343

Worth a shot for a bit. Especially at home where you can match lines. You can strategically shelter from an ozone/dzone perspective too.

Tarasenko and ROR are gonna torch us. 7-3 STL.

Allen in net. 6-5 game.

Blues have sucky goaltending. Easy win :huh:

My first thought on this.. Other than using that pair completely based on the situation. I'd rather Girard not have to be the DFD lol. It is bad enough EJ is all over the place lately.

Also Bednar does use them together when chasing at times, but it is fairly sheltered for good reason. Which has an effect on those numbers.

Barrie/Girard
EJ/Z

Would be a top 4 i'm fine with for now.

Sitting here at the game, watching warmups.

What’s with the rainbow colored tape on the players’ stick blades?

Nate’s got zero hockey IQ.
Mikko is an overrated bum who can’t skate.
Landy is a (handsome) overachieving, dirty, third line grinder at best.

We most likely shouldn't worry about the blues, or trying to catch them, but losing to them today, would eliminate any reasonable chance at 3rd in the West.

That eliminates 1/3 spots available, and hurts our chances, no matter how unlikely they are.

We're not getting 3rd in the West regardless. That is the Blues spot and they will have it without any push back.

As Eddie said the team we're chasing is Minnesota, and possibly Dallas as I'm not totally convinced they're playoff bound yet either.

Every game is important so I want the win. I'm just saying if they lose this game I'll be upset over not getting two points, but I'm not going to work myself up over the Blues being the team to get those two points.

It's the blues spot, and they will have it without any pushback?

With 25 games left, and tied in points with Dallas?

Just finished my 2nd season in NHL 19 franchise mode with the Avs. finished 2nd in the central with a record of 48-30-4. first round I have the Blues lol.

Yes, exactly. You know they've won 7 straight right? And have been the best team in the league by a large margin for almost 2 months now right?

I wouldn't even rule them out for 2nd in the division yet.

Allen in net? I like those odds.

Yah, but they were also trash for the first 40 games and nothing is stopping them from going back to that. No consistency.

Anyways my point is that they are tied, and aren't running away with it.

But they are. 20 games ago they were 10+ points back of that spot. They've finally gotten some legit goaltending now and the guys who were struggling earlier this year(Tank and Pietran) have finally gotten going.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
You watch, they'll be 3rd in the division by 8-10 points when the season is over, if not 2nd in the division.[/QUOTE]

Allen in net gives us a chance. But also hurts my fantasy hockey league and its push for playoffs not getting Binnington an easy shutout :(

Hope I'm wrong but I predict a bad game in the penalty box from Greer.

Jake Allen a career .923sv% against the Avalanche. The highest against any team he's played more than 10 times

EJ sniping Blues early.

Pietro off and down the tunnel

Ok I take this back. I was not accounting for a Pietrangelo injury.

Bortuzzo what a dummy. Play gone back the other way and he still let Greer get to him. He just ruined an opportunity for his team. I'll take it! Plus, a bonus point on my books for Greer.

Bortuzzo. You think that's embarrassing for Dunn?

I'd love to see Greer become a pest for us. We need some sandpaper.

Avs playing with the fury of 10000 suns

Barrie getting flashbacks of Parayko almost killing him in a hotel room at the Worlds a few years ago.

Mack flying so far. Needs to capitalize while he's feeling it.

Girard did a great job getting back and disrupted Tank from getting anything truly quality off.

ZadorovDown count - 1

Thanks. Still nice to have someone whose willing to drop the gloves. Hes certainly gonna piss off a ton of people

Shocked we didn't get scored on that shift. Nobody held a position. Much needed tv timeout.

I'm all for Girard shooting more and still think he should keep doing it but that's happening more and more recently. It's not working when he walks the blueline like that and lets a weak wrister go into traffic while being the last man back there. That two breakaways teams have gotten off it in the last three games and he had another one easily blocked against the Jets as well. Great recovery to get back and disrupt the scoring chance though.

Yeah that was a bad shift, all started on a Zadorov turnover.

Landeskog is playing like a friggin idiot again

Damn this game is crazy intense

Ghetto just did everything and nothing at the same time. Fun to watch though.

Good shift for Greer.

Roof it into the netting from point blank. Great idea Rantanen

Greer is effective as hell right now.

Missing all these chances usually comes back to bite us in the ass

Looks like Mikko went for the field goal

MIKKO RANTANEN IS FIINISH AND IS FROM FINLAND

What is Rantanen doing? Fieldgoal-attempt?

If I'm Bednar I'm limiting the college line's ice time and giving it to the 3rd and 4th line. I don't know if there's a player I've hated more during this stretch than Kerfoot. just an absolutely useless hockey player at this level.

Good hit from Nemeth, probably the first positive thing I have ever said about him

Allen's somehow looking competent.

How come our D always have a hard time getting the puck out of the zone whenever any single forward is forechecking?

Who was that who simply skated by the puck on what should have been a simple clear of the zone 3 seconds before Nemeth took a penalty? Jost?

"Nemeth has played really well for the Avalanche"

:laugh: Fake news

How good would maroon look next to Soda

Soda + Maroon? We’d have to call them Dr. Pepper.

Zadorov looks absolutely abysmal tonight. Legit looks hungover. Gassed every single shift and slower than I’ve ever witnessed.

Big Ol Blues grinding the puny Avs into Oblivion

Zads is a freaking ECHL level Defender tonight. Bench him if we want to win.

Varly saved this period.

Don't worry, Sakic will be trading him for Hayes soon. :D

That was a scary PK.

Varly had a great period. Zadorov had an awful period.

Unbelievable how good (Avs) goaltending makes these games so much more exciting to watch.

Varly saving our bottoms out there. Good to see that he seems to have his mojo back.

Seriously though, how many of you have ever played hockey severely hungover? Like I’m talking full on Sunday Scaries. It feels exactly like how Zadorov looks today.

Ghetto Forsberg played his way into Landy's spot in one shift?

Meanwhile Landy's doing his annual third line grinder act.

That was an ok period, minus the kids line and Zadorov who were truly garbage.

Blues had the best shifts by far and had a dangerous PP but we had our chances. Need to get better in the 2nd and Zadorov needs to stay in the locker room.

Z looks god awful again today. Really wanted Nathan to take that puck right to Allen. He had a step and if he was worried about the defender he could have shielded the puck with his left leg. Nate had a really good period there. Everyone could use a touch of finish around the net. Pucks are there.

Many times and Z looks even worse than hungover he legit looks like hes on some strong sizzurp right now. Man was he bad that period.

Yeah, I'd much prefer him going to the net or a low percentage shot on Allen than what he ended up doing. Good period overall though.

What a game... so much fun the Avs are fun again. Also, we need more Greer.

God dammit these Blues are good.

I have no proof but I'm fairly certain Varlamov stole Rantanen's mojo.

First period was too hard to watch, gonna quit and watch one of the 7PM games instead today. GG to anyone who sees the rest, afternoon hockey truly sucks when your team is bad.

Blues are playing a very compact defensive style.

I know some of you dig this stuff

I ****ing hate Tyson Jost. Like I hate him so much. Offside is my most hated play in hockey. You have possession on a zone entry but instead it’s a faceoff outside the blue line.

Yeah Mikko made an extra move there but you gotta be sure if you enter the zone. Jost has gone offside so many times this year.

Isn't that Jost that cost us a game/tie this season because of an offside :laugh: He hasn't learned anything I guess.

Let's hope these missed finishes on these scoring chances don't come back to bite them. They should have a goal or two by now on Allen.

When has that ever stopped a determined GM? Look at Tampa. Somehow, there is always a way to make it work.

Whoever said we were getting Parise or Toews lite when we drafted Jost should apologize.

No call for that obvious hold on rants lol

What a disappointing 2nd half for Rantanen. Really quite a shame.

Avs top line has no star power for calls it seems

What is the refs deal with Rants??? Call the ******* hold!

Varly is playing outstanding. Just 3 weeks ago this would have been a 4-0 STL game.

Tyson Jost getting some well deserved PP time lol.

I just don’t understand it. It’s like when you’re playing minor hockey and the coaches kid sucks but he keeps playing him.

Maybe Bednar is Jost’s dad?

O'Reilly can be battling with three Avs and still come out with the puck

Ok you have to score here because the Blues are getting close to scoringon Varly

Zadorov can redeem his play tonight by destroying Bortuzzo later.

Kerfoot is the next Bret Hull.

Tyson Jost is worse at hockey than he was 6 minutes ago if you can believe that.

That was embarassingly bad. All of them. ****in embarassing. Stop passing to Jost he cant accept a pass on his back hand at all.

Jost has become my least favourite player on the team. Even more than Kerfoot and nemeth. Every single time the puck goes to him he loses it. It’s infuriating to watch

Another one of those. Sundqvist dog **** tired. Varly catches it holds on instead of moving it letting the blues off the hook

it's pretty clear barrie is the most important dman on the team i cant imagine girard being on the top pp.

Rantanen looking like his afternoon nap is a pretty vital part of his game prep.

I think it’s safe to say an ugly/lucky goal is going to win this game.

Blues getting the better chances.

Feels like a Playoff game atm. First team to score wins.

Still can't believe that St. Louis got ROR for a 1st and some magic beans...

We are playing the hottest team in the league right now. Cut them some slack.

Tied 0-0 in a game against the best team in the league right now and not being outplayed. Seems like "We are not good" is the logical conclusion to make...

The NHL official in the opposition penalty box has a fantastic moustache.

Liking Landeskog, Zadorov, Barrie, Soderberg, and obviously Varlamov so far.

Something scrappy and ugly is going to get the win here.

Perfect situation for Big Ol’ Carl to get a Saturday afternoon winner.

VARLY! VARLY! VARLY!

Every time our smurf line is on the ice they get hammered in their own zone. Every ****ing time.

Couldn't keep counting on miracles.

Blues completely took over the 3rd period

Just 4 minutes into the period and Tarasenko has been left alone in that very spot 3 times already. Of course he's going to score eventually.

Yah shutout Allen

There goes the season.

Hahahahaha meltdown

Great work Barrie. You don't need to prevent anything. Holy ****

Oh, fiddlesticks.

Here comes the collapse

They did this to themselves by not finishing on any of the golden chances they had.

Absolutely putrid by Barrie there. Just let’s his man do whatever he wanted there

Landeskog was covering air on the Tank goal. The most dangerous guy on the ice you might wanna cover him no?

Oh no, now we have to sell at the deadline again.

All he had to do was follow Sanford to the net there. Simple basic defense.

You can't win games when you don't score though. Where is our top line :(

Jost has a chance to back hand that towards the goalie in the slot. opts to pass to a Blues skater

When Tyson Jost touches the puck it's almost as if it's a 6 on 4 for the opposition since he always just gives it to them.

Comical 3rd period from Barrie hahahaha

I blame the zero finish around the net. Absolutely no excuse for missing some of these chances.

Seriously how does Barrie lose his man so much? Graves shouldnt have gave his man so much time and space but jesus Barrie cant let that guy breeze passed him like that.

Perfect example of the pick or playoff thread. Definitely pick because no matter how hard this team plays, they just don't have much up front when the 1st line isnt scoring. Some players might chip in here and there but this isnt even a question pick or playoffs. Without picks there wont be playoffs. Get more talent on this team

This "Hockey Is for Everyone" campaign is much better than the previous "Hockey Is for Whites and Sometimes Black Guys".

Curious. Why doesnt anyone ever stop at the net to look for rebounds?

Power kill time

0 for 23 on the PP ??? That is just WOOOOW.

Maddening. When the goaltending is solid, the offense dries up. When the offense is going, the goaltending goes to crap.

Rantanen is embarrassing himself out there

0/24 ....

The Avs are so intimidated by the Blues, and they have been for years. Maybe if they had the balls to take the game to St. Louis for a change, and were committed to checking the hell out of them for 60 minutes it’d be different. But that ain’t ever gonna happen. It’s easier to play stupid, soft hockey and lose to them for like the 19th time out of 20 games...or whatever the hell it is. So lame!!!

On the brightside, rants next contract wont be as lucrative as previously thought

Allen even making saves when he doesn't know he is.

Ahh the colorado avalanche, been making jake allen look like patrick roy since 2012

Huge disappointment, I am surprised, they need to outwork all opponents from now on.

This is an extremely strange season for the Avs.

Z has mental issues, he is weak mentally, moody, we all know that, he has all the tools to become a NHL top 10 defenseman.

I really wish the Avs gives him an elite mental coach.

I love Z bit he is acting like a child sometimes, not firing on all cylinders or moody taking stupid penalties, lacking of winning instinct.

Why don't other teams let us set up on the 6v5??? We let everyone else set up. Not fair

Well, they pushed pretty well in the final 10 minutes, but Allen wasn't having it. And the Blues did pretty good keeping the Avs from getting any good looks.

Better for the AVS to get 2 top 10 picks. Hopfully 1ov.

I love Z more than 99% here, but no. He has the physical tools to be an elite Dman, but not the brain.

These idiots aren’t gonna outwork anybody. They’ll win some games here and there if Varlamov is sharp, but beyond that, this is what the Avs are—a sub .500, extremely mediocre team.

Maroon is skating circles around us. Patrick ****en Maroon.

Let’s go blues!!!!!nice chant going there

Lets go Blues chant. I hope you guys enjoy that. Such garbage that they couldnt finish at all with all the chances they were given.

I think we'll get 2 top 10 picks while still trying to win lol we aren't good enough to make it. Sure as hell not consistent enough.

It looks like the Sens pick will be a top 5, and we have a very real shot at a top 7-8

Unfortunate game. Varly played fantastic but it was even the whole way which is good concisderimg the Blues are the best team in the NHL right now.

Aside from a few really bad players tonight (Barrie and Zadorov in particular) this was a great game. Not burying our chances was the difference.

-63 is Barrie's overall plus minus record with Avs.

I hope the boys in burgundy enjoyed that let's go Blues chant in their own building.

Varly was good but Allen was even better. Not that we tested him much. Lack of talent up front showed up again tonight, and that includes the first line which is ice cold since the All-Star break.

You guys realise the Let's Go BLOOS thing was happening all game, right?

Why they thought it was a good idea to get Bernie's cowbell out halfway through the third down 2-0 to give them encouragement is anyone's guess

I want jost shipped off immediately. Too slow, small, and stupid to do anything of value out there

Avs didn't play bad at all and had their chances. Allen was great for the Blues today.

We got the full Barrie adventure. Good early on and created chances when jumping into the play. Then also horrific at times and playing a role in a goal and chances against.

Something needs to be done about the PP.

While that's not on him, I do believe the only strategic plan he has in the offensive zone is to get the puck in deep, battle for it, get it back to the point and get shots.

The Avs aren't a creative hockey team.

I agree with you, but thats what I dont understand. Thats gotta be the mindset in tight games like this. Put pucks to the net, anticipate a rebound and get a greasy one. Could be a coach thing but at this level I put that on the players.

I was watching some of the early season successes they had on the PP and alot of it was due to the fact people were moving and the passes were crisp. When they moved around it opened up lanes and guys werent hesistent to get the puck across. Both Mikko and Mackinnons passing on the PP was clean. Now you look at it and Mikko cant make a simple pass. I cant recall the last time I said wow that was a nice play by Mikko. I dont know whats up with him but im gonna feel some type of way when they ink him to an 11 mill contract if this keeps up.

Same ****, same results. Teams simply aren't going to let MacKinnon's line beat them. They focus everything they have into stopping that line.

Because we have nothing else, Soderberg 2 point blank chances in the 3rd nothing to show for it. Our depth lines are just a ****ing joke and everyone knows it.

Our defense is a joke, namely Barrie who should be better than what he is giving us. You've been in the league for a long time, the errors he makes are that of a first year player playing in their first month of action.

It's not a surprise that the only game we won over the last month was the one fluke game where it depth guys actually scored.

Varly is showing me more by the day that he was hurt for a month and a half because he is back to being very reliable. Nice game by him lots of big saves.

Until we can start rolling it 4 NHL lines and a NHL defense instead of one NHL line and 3 random assortmemt of AHL caliber/ KHL caliber lines, it's going to be the same old ****.

They try to keep it simple because outside of the first line we do not really have forwards who can make a difference. Not enough skill - as pointed out many, many times before.

You have to wanna be in that area. Not enough guys on this team want it that bad. Landeskog, Mackinnon, Soderberg, Calvert all go to that area. Not many other guys do on a regular basis on this team and in the case of Jost and Kerfoot its a death wish to be hangin around that area so thats why they hardly venture there.

They miss a complete 2nd line and some tweaks.
I think this draft and offseason is the time to fix a lot of things.

Colorado Avalanche Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Our playoff chances are down to 29.5% after today's loss.

We need to go 14-6-4 just to have a 75% chance at making the playoffs.

If we go 11-11-2, we have a very high chance of a top 5 pick.

I can't see us even winning 11 of the final 24 games.

While i agree the problem with the Avs is that it's always "next season". This BS needed to stop - but it looks like it won't stop this season. But maybe "next season".

Thats why selling at the TDL is most likely what we should be doing. I rather we make the playoffs but damn if nothing changes between now and the TDL im gonna be pissed at Joe. Either add something to help us get in or shed yourself of the dead weight.

Calvert is fine. He hasn't been signed to score 30 goals, he's been signed to be a pest. And that exactly what he is. And Bourque hasn't even been in the lineup for a while.

But i would be fine with getting rid of Ghetto/Kerfoot/Jost - just to name a few.

Calvert isn’t real skilled, but by God, he works his a** off every shift. If you could transplant Calvert’s drive into the rest of the Avs players, this team would be rolling right now, instead of floundering around like they are.

Trading one ****-up for another ****-up is not really a "shake up", don't you think.

But Barrie for Hubi (which is not going to happen) - sure, sign me up.

Ghetto/Jost/Kerfoot/Nemeth/Barrie/Bourque/Varlamov—-All need to be gone!

Andrighetto had his best game in 75 years.

I'm just about done with Barrie. He causes so many of our goal against right now. That second goal...oh man! That is basic defensive assignment right there...and nothing. He just let him slide right to the net...yeah slide not even skate. The problem with Barrie is that Bednar can't bench him because he needs his offense to try to tie it up.

Jost is an other one that had a bad game.

Too bad for Varly he had a very good game again.

Barrie -3 again. He is horrendous.

Get him off this team ASAP

This kinda throws the whole prevailing narrative (which I also bought into) of If-they-only-had-league-average-goaltending-! into the dumper. Can't win if you don't score.

0-for-23 on the power play. That's inexcusable.

Bednar low-key (as he does everything) called out the Roomies line twice during his presser. Also doesn't appear pleased with Mikko.

What a stupid and frustrating game. Avs didn't look bad, but every single prime scoring chance the effin' player missed the net.

Everyone looked kind of dumb today, Landeskog with a low percentage shot on a 3-on-2, Rantanen didn't even get a shot on his breakaway, and I thought MacKinnon should have beat Allen on the outside instead of trying to go 5-hole.

Blues played a good road game, they have the strengths and weaknesses to be a very good road game, but Avs should've done more with their chances.

I got another aspect which i hate about Barrie, the dude is so gun-ho and reckless for the sake of offence that he CONSTANTLY runs around the defencive zone to try and press the game that it often leads him out of position. This out of position makes it really tough because the other players are trying to cover for him leading other players open like Blues first goal. Barrie caught in no man's land which makes EJ go on his side to cover for him where Landeskog goes down low to cover for EJ leaving Tara****ingsenko wide open. Absolutely unacceptable.

I thought EJ and Nieto have been the Avs two best players lately, which isn't going to get you many wins. Nemeth and Rantanen in particular have been dreadful.

Yeah, this isn't helping anyone. As I said earlier, watching him on the PP was especially rough. He kept bobbling the puck on what should've been simple plays. That's not a skating or strength issue, which is what makes the whole thing more concerning and frustrating. Even on the one good scoring chance he had he waited and waited until he ran out of room and it was broken up. He has zero confidence out there.

I think Barrie was a tad better offencively, but was a disaster defencively compared to what you mention here.

You can say that a million times over, we either get...

- A grinder goal (Toninato, Soderberg, etc.)
- A cross ice one-timer (MacKinnon to Rantanen or vice-versa)
- A Landeskog tip

That's it.

Honestly, the best for this team is probably to tank. Sell off a few players and get a better pick. Have a massive influx of young players come in next year, hopefully surrounded by a few good UFAs, to wash out the bad aftertaste of this season.

Could you imagine if Jost had done the smart thing and stayed for a 2nd NCAA year. Could've had a Makar esque season rounding out his game (strength and skating) while also gaining confidence.

Instead we have this...

I don't really buy the whole "playing too early ruined him" narrative. Some players just don't do well in the NHL. He was 10th in a weaker draft year.

In college, he was a great playmaker, who played down low. In the NHL, he's nearly useless down low, and the competition is a lot better.

He hasn't even been good at simple things, like skating with the puck.

He's just not likely going to pan out.

Maybe he becomes a good 2w, if we can get a legit 2c who can help him along.

Makar had those characteristics prior to NCAA though. Jost has been slower and weaker than many of his peers dating back to Junior A.

He definitely could have used another year in college but I still don’t know how much that really would have done for him.

Eh, I don't really buy it anymore. I used to be quite high on Jost, but I don't see how another year of college would've made him significantly faster.

The Avs have 1 more win than the Ducks, and the same number as the Kings. Let that sink in!

I think people are mistaking his lack of confidence for lack if skill and smarts. He just seems to have a similar problem that Duchene had albeit with less skill. His problems are in his own head. If he can regain his confidence he'll be able to make decisions faster and be more aggresive and use his hands and instincts alot more.

That said if they continue putting him in bad situations or situations where he is overmatched he won't have a shot at regaining his instincts and assertiveness.

Remember back in November when McGuire was gushing about the Avs on NBC about how we were potential cup contenders, how electric the building was again and how 'hockey is back in the state of Colorado' ? Good times.

This team legit cannot take a compliment. Anytime someone compliments them it goes to their head and they end up losing. Anytime people doubt them THATS when they play their best. This team is incapable of playing well when expectations are placed on them.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If you don't want a bunch of opposing fans getting quote notifications and coming to this thread, you might just copy/paste the quotes into a word doc, format it however you like, and then copy/paste it back into your thread OP.

Less convenient on a phone, obviously, but might be worth it if you're not looking for a multi-fanbase discussion.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
I like the idea OP, but IMO you should cut down the number of posts quoted by a lot, like 75%. There were a lot of generic posts that didn't really add much insight to the other team's perspective. I felt like I was wading through the entire GDT itself. Just go for the highlights.

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to give some constructive criticism.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I like the idea OP, but IMO you should cut down the number of posts quoted by a lot, like 75%. There were a lot of generic posts that didn't really add much insight to the other team's perspective. I felt like I was wading through the entire GDT itself. Just go for the highlights.

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to give some constructive criticism.
Also my outrage at the consistent Let's Go Blues chants didn't make it over, I'm sure you'd have got a laugh at that

(also the thread title is missing an s)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You guys won’t be depressed much longer. 2 top 10 picks with one being top 1 or 2 and lots of cap space.
And Makar. Hopefully a new coach and goalies. Grubauer has been the worst goalie in the league this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->