Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Mike Hoffman signs with the Blues (1 year, $4M)

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Bro wtf are you talking about. Next year the 21-22 season Steen is no longer under contract.... please god tell me how the hell his money is going to be on ltir..... please do tell.
I give up. You need to learn how to read. He is on LTIR this year so his contract expiring doesn't give us extra cap space.

Reactions: KirkOut

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
My man you are just plain wrong. When contracts run thier course they no longer count against the teams cap. So in 21-22 next years hockey season Steen, bozak and gunner are no longer under contract hence they don't count against the cap freeing up 12.5 mil in cap. So please tell me where I am wrong.
I just can't. This is so stupid that I don't want any of it to splatter and get on me.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The blues will have 12.5 million is cap available to use next year from the three expiring contracts.

Are you debating this

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
The blues will have 12.5 million is cap available to use next year from the three expiring contracts.

Are you debating this

I think what he's saying is that the Blues are technically at 86,950,515 cap hit this year (per Capfriendly). So the savings you speak of would be coming off of that 87M figure for a cap of 74.5M. We aren't saving 12.5 off of the current cap ceiling.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Are you debating this
It’s not clear why you’re mentioning Steen’s cap hit like it will be new savings, since LTIR already allows the team to spend that amount this season. There won’t be additional cap room beyond that from Steen, except the other contracts you mentioned.

Reactions: Blueston

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It’s not clear why you’re mentioning Steen’s cap hit like it will be new savings, since LTIR already allows the team to spend that amount this season. There won’t be additional cap room beyond that from Steen, except the other contracts you mentioned.
Will there or won't there be 12.5 from the following contracts off the books. Yes or no.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Everyone is trying to tell you that Steen's caphit IS already "off the books" so it won't add into this 12.5 figure

Just replace it with Hoffman's caphit which expires in 1 year as well, it's the same thing. This is just a dumb argument of semantics.

Reactions: Colt55

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Just replace it with Hoffman's caphit which expires in 1 year as well, it's the same thing. This is just a dumb argument of semantics.
Yeah, but Hoffman is only 4 while Steen is 5.75. :sarcasm:

We will have money freed up for sure between Gun, Hoffman, Schwartz, Parayko, Bozak and Binner coming off the books but hopefully we use that money to retain Parayko (gotta have him), at least one of Schwartz or Hoffman, and Binner (if he proves he’s worth a new deal).

Reactions: PullHard

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Looks like the Blues goofed up on the Hoffman timing. Work visa delays caused him to miss the opener and won't play until Friday at the earliest.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Looks like the Blues goofed up on the Hoffman timing. Work visa delays caused him to miss the opener and won't play until Friday at the earliest.

Yeah that caught many of us by surprise. Turns out they didn't really need him last night anyway as the guy who played in his spot(Sundqvist) got a pair of goals from slick Robert Thomas feeds. Word is he's playing Friday.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
The interesting part of this is that apparently you don't need a US work visa to sign a PTO and practice with a team.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The interesting part of this is that apparently you don't need a US work visa to sign a PTO and practice with a team.

Yeah, oddly I would think he'd get a per diem or living expense covered during camp. Maybe that's okay visa-wise, or maybe they just skipped that.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
You have the following players coming off the books

Carl gunnerson -1.75mil
Tyler bozak - 5.0 mil
Alex Steen - 5.75 mil

This adds up to 12.5 million dollars. So 4-5 to Schwartz and prayko and binnington.
That leaves 6 for Hoffman. We have plenty of young players that can take bozaks spot

We will lose a player to expansion and we will most likely trade dunn so anywhere from 1 to 6.5 mil depends. So we will leave this out.
I"m confused by the highlighted above. are you saying those 3 would sign for 4-5 mil a piece? or 4-5 more than what they're currently making? or ~2 mil added to their current salaries?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I"m confused by the highlighted above. are you saying those 3 would sign for 4-5 mil a piece? or 4-5 more than what they're currently making? or ~2 mil added to their current salaries?
No I was saying 4-5 million would probably cover those three players raises combined.
My thought would be the following

Binny gets 1 more million to be just above 6
Schwartz gets 2 to get him to 6+
Parayko gets 2 to get him to about 7+.

So all in all the raises for those thre would total around 4-5 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad