Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Mike Hoffman signs with the Blues (1 year, $4M)

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
At full health:

Schenn-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Thomas-Tarasenko
Hoffman-Bozak-Kyrou
Sanford-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Clifford, Blais

That’s disgusting lol
Tarasenko will slot onto the 3rd line if Hoffman has been playing well with Thomas and Schwartz. No need to disrupt that line, and creates a matchup headache for opposition to have Kyrou-Bozak-Tarasenko as the 3rd line. Vlad can create his own shots of he’s recovered, but 3rd line doesn’t put pressure on him right away. I would expect him to come back very slowly.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Tarasenko will slot onto the 3rd line if Hoffman has been playing well with Thomas and Schwartz. No need to disrupt that line, and creates a matchup headache for opposition to have Kyrou-Bozak-Tarasenko as the 3rd line. Vlad can create his own shots of he’s recovered, but 3rd line doesn’t put pressure on him right away. I would expect him to come back very slowly.

Neither Kyrou or Tarasenko play left wing, and Vladi has always had great chemistry with Schwartz.

Also, I personally would just love to see Hoffman/Kyrou’s speed in the transition game together.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
But @mouser told me it was possible Hoffman would sign with another team since this was just a PTO!!

You still don’t realize the situation at all. It was framed as a PTO because of cap reasons but was not actually one. They had an agreement in place the entire time.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
But @mouser told me it was possible Hoffman would sign with another team since this was just a PTO!!

You still don’t realize the situation at all. It was framed as a PTO because of cap reasons but was not actually one. They had an agreement in place the entire time.

The absence of something occurring does not mean it was impossible for that thing to occur. Logical fallacies 101.

Reactions: 19 in a row

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The absence of something occurring does not mean it was impossible for that thing to occur. Logical fallacies 101.
So you just weren’t educated on what was going on. You can admit it, it’s okay.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I present you

McDavid, Draisailt, RNH, Neal and Barrie :)

I'd be willing to bet both along are top 3 this year, but I wouldn't bet which is first. That powerplay is insane because of Mcdrai without a doubt. But that Blues one just looks like such a complete unit that I can't help but think it will be murder taking a penalty against the blues.

Krug - one of the top pp QB dmen in the league.

Hoffman - one of the best power play left handed shooters in the league.

Tank - see Hoffman but right handed.

RoR always been an insane distributor on the power play

Perron - great dirty goal guy to crash the net and screen the goalie.

Atleast in my opinion this power play has a top 5 guy for his respective spot on a modern standard powerplay and think it will be deadly.

2 shooters (1 rh 1 lh), 1 Qb, 1 great distributor, and a fantastic greasey goal guy. I think this will be a sum is greater than the parts PP.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
So you just weren’t educated on what was going on. You can admit it, it’s okay.

I will leave it to the board readers to decide that. The discussion for the record:

No it’s not possible. Hoffman isn’t actually on a PTO, as in he’s not trying out. He’s on the team and a verbal agreement has already been made. They’re just waiting until tomorrow to officially sign it.

You're mixing up (im)possible with improbable. It's certainly possible for Hoffman to sign with another team. It's highly improbable he'd do so.

And yes, Hoffman is literally attending Blues training camp on a PTO.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That really is, also St Louis may have the best power play in the league this year.

Perron
Tank - RoR - Hoffman
Krug

That looks absolutely filthy

I doubt it, I'll be surprised if it isn't a team in the North. The whole division was in the bottom half of the league for GA last year with the exception of Winnipeg (12th).

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'd be willing to bet both along are top 3 this year, but I wouldn't bet which is first. That powerplay is insane because of Mcdrai without a doubt. But that Blues one just looks like such a complete unit that I can't help but think it will be murder taking a penalty against the blues.

Atleast in my opinion this power play has a top 5 guy for his respective spot on a modern standard powerplay and think it will be deadly.

2 shooters (1 rh 1 lh), 1 Qb, 1 great distributor, and a fantastic greasey goal guy. I think this will be a sum is greater than the parts PP.

Perron doesn't play net-front and Tarasenko is a lefty.

Reactions: Dexter Colt

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Tarasenko is LH.

Reactions: Dexter Colt

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Blues lineup looks great but they are loading up on low intensity players who may need to be shielded from tough matchups. Bozak, Hoffman, Faulk etc. Interesting strategy

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues lineup looks great but they are loading up on low intensity players who may need to be shielded from tough matchups. Bozak, Hoffman, Faulk etc. Interesting strategy

Blues have plenty of gritty/ tough players. Btw, Bozak isn’t a low intensity player. He has a high compete level and plays well in the Blues system, a 200’ game.

Reactions: Blueston

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Can’t go wrong with a 1 yr deal to replace Tarasenko while he’s out. I doubt it will happen but if he comes back healthy at the end of the year that could be the best offensive team the Blues have iced.

I just worry about the backend. Losing Jbow hurt. Then Petro. Really only have one good defensive dman.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Has Hoffman very been on a winning team? Are the Blues headed for a bad season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->