Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Blues re-sign Jordan Kyrou (2 years, $2.8M AAV)

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
A bit heftier than expected, but still easily could look like a steal if he keeps progressing

CupCrazySTL38

Nov 12, 2019
Jordan Kyrou 2 Yrs / 5.8M (2.8M - AAV)

Blues have a 3.5M left on the cap with only Robert Thomas and Zach Sanford (filed for arbitration) left to sign.

Kyrou agrees to two-year contract with Blues

upload_2021-8-3_14-6-13.png

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Very solid contract, although you have to wonder if he'll get less opportunity now that he's competing with Buchnevich, Saad, Perron, Thomas, and possibly Taransenko for ice-time.

Either way, I unfortunately really like the moves St. Louis has made. The biggest questions surrounding the Blues is what the team's identity is now as well as a questionable blue line.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Very solid contract, although you have to wonder if he'll get less opportunity now that he's competing with Buchnevich, Saad, Perron, Thomas, and possibly Taransenko for ice-time.

Either way, I unfortunately really like the moves St. Louis has made. The biggest questions surrounding the Blues is what the team's identity is now as well as a questionable blue line.
Why would he get less of an opportunity? Thomas is a center. Buch in for Schwartz, Saad in for Hoffman, with Tarasenko still likely out the door. The big question will just be do we keep him, Buch, and Perron on the right, or will one go on the left, but he won't have less of an opportunity.

Getting quality play out of Husso and consistent blue-line play is key. Parayko's back needs to be fully healthy.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Why would he get less of an opportunity? Thomas is a center. Buch in for Schwartz, Saad in for Hoffman, with Tarasenko still likely out the door. The big question will just be do we keep him, Buch, and Perron on the right, or will one go on the left, but he won't have less of an opportunity.

Getting quality play out of Husso and consistent blue-line play is key. Parayko's back needs to be fully healthy.

You obviously know your team better than I do, but I figured Kyrou got more ice-time and opportunity to move up the lineup because Schwartz and Tarasenko played poorly/were injured, and Hoffman seemed like he was sheltered a bit. But after double checking Kyrou only had 14 minutes TOI, so I see where you're coming from.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Jordan Kyrou 2 Yrs / 5.8M (2.8M - AAV)

Blues have a 3.5M left on the cap with only Robert Thomas and Zach Sanford (filed for arbitration) left to sign.

Kyrou agrees to two-year contract with Blues

View attachment 459040
What % are teams allowed to be over the cap until the season starts , 10%?
I was just wonderig what the scoop is with the Blues cap space . Are they planning on signing Bozak ? If they do , would Tarasenko have to be traded then or are they still ok with their cap? As a devils fan I really want us to trade for Tarasenko but if the Blues are still fine with their cap room it would make sense to hold onto Tank until they get the return they want or just keep him.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

We lack star power but have a ton of quality players.

Tarasenko is getting moved, i think it's inevitable, we'll resign thomas for sure, sanford is suspect, could be included in a tarasenko deal. Alot of outsiders don't realize Klim Kostin is most likely penciled in to the 3rd line RW spot meaning kyrou is most likely 2nd line RW and perron will move to O'reillys Left.

I'm a believer that Klim can come in and be a solid player right away, and if we get a fwd from NJ or NYI or NYR for tarasenko, bratt seems to make the most sense, for all we know it ends up as Josh bailey, either way that 3LW spot would hopefully be filled through that deal.
Here's my personal preference on our fwd lines this year:

Perron-Ror-Kostin(better version of what we hoped sanford would become as a physical pwf that can score and protect pucks down low)
Saad-Thomas-Buchnevich
Bratt(Tarasenko deal)- Schenn- Kyrou
Barbashev- Sundqvist- Maceacheren
Clifford
Joshua

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Tarasenko is getting moved, i think it's inevitable, we'll resign thomas for sure, sanford is suspect, could be included in a tarasenko deal. Alot of outsiders don't realize Klim Kostin is most likely penciled in to the 3rd line RW spot meaning kyrou is most likely 2nd line RW and perron will move to O'reillys Left.

I'm a believer that Klim can come in and be a solid player right away, and if we get a fwd from NJ or NYI or NYR for tarasenko, bratt seems to make the most sense, for all we know it ends up as Josh bailey, either way that 3LW spot would hopefully be filled through that deal.

Perron-Ror-Kostin(better version of what we hoped sanford would become as a physical pwf that can score and protect pucks down low)
Saad-Thomas-Buchnevich
Clifford
Joshua

I thought Kostin has pretty much exclusively played left wing. Did he play right this past season in the KHL?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I thought Kostin has pretty much exclusively played left wing. Did he play right this past season in the KHL?
I thought the opposite, but i could be mistaken, either way he could play the left side keep perron on theright

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kyrou will lead the Blues in goals this year. He’s a stud in the makings

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale

Saad-Thomas-Buchnevich
Clifford
Joshua

What time should I have Bailey to the airport by?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
This has potential to be a steal of a contract. Kyrou has potential to be a 70 point player IMO.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I thought the opposite, but i could be mistaken, either way he could play the left side keep perron on theright

For some reason I thought he was a righthanded shot, but he's obviously a lefty. Russian, left-shooting, right wing, makes sense.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

wondering about kyrou's role and ice time after these moves is warranted. the blues have traditionally had perron/tarasenko on the right side and have now added buchnevich, so in theory the blues have 4 eligible RW for two top six RW spots and kyrou arguably shouldn't be above perron or buch, so he could end up on a third line depending on how the lines shake out. that said, the blues have stated they intend for kyrou (and thomas) to contribute in the top six this year and, in theory, tarasenko is likely to be moved by the TDL. perron is a left shot, but typically plays RW and will likely be pushed over to LW this year. so buch and kyrou will likely get the chance to be the top six RWs, tarasenko slots in on the third until he is moved. saad was brought in to fill the other LW hole in the top six and thomas will center the second/third line depending on his performance (hopefully stepping up to secure the second line role).

the blue line is the biggest question. not just health, but construction as well. blues could use a top 4 LD to secure the back end imo.

Reactions: PAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad