Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Jacob de la Rose signs extension (1 year, $700K)

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He’s a good 13th-14th player on the 4th line. Brings some good physicality.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am biggest DLR haters, not that he does anything wrong but he just doesn't do anything..... I would rather give his spot to a younger player to see what they have, he's not a good 4th liner, he's only above average at PKing, that's it..... I would have let him walk

What? It's a contract under $1M and good depth. You can send him to the AHL and it don't hurt your cap. Come on man. Depth like this is needed by all teams.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
For the a bit more than the cost of an ELC player, DLR provides someone who can go out there and not make glaring mistakes. He can fill in when injuries occur, sit in the press box and not complain, and if someone like Kostin suddenly catches fire and deserves a call up, can go through waivers and the team doesn't miss a beat.

A lot of teams would love to have depth players that are basically cheap and risk free and can be tossed on the waiver wire and be picked up and off your cap table if the need arises.

Then again, Sundqvist was pretty much at this same crossroads and suddenly he became a much better player that his is today in one season. Worth a gamble to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle twice. Unlike PRV who didn't really do anything well except for repeated wrap around attempts that never worked, DLR can play a clog up defensive game which works with the Blues schema.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad