Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Jacob de la Rose signs extension (1 year, $700K)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I am biggest DLR haters, not that he does anything wrong but he just doesn't do anything..... I would rather give his spot to a younger player to see what they have, he's not a good 4th liner, he's only above average at PKing, that's it..... I would have let him walk

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I am biggest DLR haters, not that he does anything wrong but he just doesn't do anything..... I would rather give his spot to a younger player to see what they have, he's not a good 4th liner, he's only above average at PKing, that's it..... I would have let him walk

We have the exact same thing in Kharia but least you only paid league min

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
How is De La Rose working out for you, Blues fans? He had quite a fan club among the Habs fanbase.

I really liked him initially. Thought he'd develop into a quality defensive forward.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How is De La Rose working out for you, Blues fans? He had quite a fan club among the Habs fanbase.

I really liked him initially. Thought he'd develop into a quality defensive forward.
He's a useful 13th forward; good on the PK, can play centre and doesn't really hurt us when we need him. It's just that that's about it with him; he's not really a positive, just not being a negative.

I'm glad he's back at $700k. His role is depth, and there is no point having someone like Kostin sitting in the press box.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If we have to send him down, I’m sure he’d go unclaimed so it’s not bad to have depth.

I think Poganski will challenge him for an extra forward spot though. I’d like to see him get some NHL games this season.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
$700K is the price of a seat in the press box and as a fill-in player who you don't care about getting better or worrying about feeding minutes to. If he stinks it up, you bury him in the AHL.

DLR is one of those guys you forget is on the roster. He just doesn't do anything that really stands out. Maybe he follows in the footsteps of Sundqvist and blossoms, but I sincerely doubt it. Wouldn't be shocked to see him added in a trade as a warm body especially at that value of a contract.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

He’s an average at best 4th liner or 13th/14th forward that can play center and PK. This deal at league minimum pays him fairly for that. On his 4th deal I didn’t expect him to accept a pay cut, so it’s a little surprising in a good way. He can easily spend some time in the A if needed and you shrug if he doesn’t clear waivers.

Reactions: Archijerej

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
No real downside here, it'll cost more in terms of both cash and assets to replace him, he's fine as a 4th liner and press box-er.

Reactions: Blueston

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
He is a human who can play in the NHL for several 30-45 second intervals at a time. He's better than you would think defensively but does not provide one iota more than that. The archetypal league minimum journeyman.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If we have to send him down, I’m sure he’d go unclaimed so it’s not bad to have depth.

If he stinks it up, you bury him in the AHL.

Most Hab fans didn't care for him but I really hope if he's put on waivers that the Habs get him back even if he ends up just being a 13th or 14th forward.

I always liked him and felt the Habs did a terrible job with him, in his rookie year in North America, there was an OHL team that drafted him in the import draft and was trying to get him to play there. In hindsight I wish he did as it would have kept him away from the Habs piss poor development for at least one more year which would have meant they didn't burn a year due to playing him for more then 10 games in the NHL at 19.

To show how dumb they are, DLR at 19 started out in the AHL on the 4th line, when he came back from the WJC's, where he was Captain for Team Sewden and was pretty good so they bumped him up to the top 6 for a month or so before calling him up to the NHL. He wasn't ready for it imo but in 33 games with the Habs he had 4 goals and 6 pts, to date he's never topped that 4 goal mark.

The guy was never going to be a goal scorer in the NHL but crazy that at 19 he has his best season goal scoring wise after spending most of that year on an AHL 4th line. That said he's never played a full season anywhere. The most he played was his 3rd pro season he played 62 in the AHL before they opted to call him up.

His last season with the Habs also shows how dumb management is. He was having a ok season with 4g, 12 pts in 55 games, they put him on waivers and then a few days later they released Plekanec, which had they just done that move first then they could have just kept DLR. Not that he would change anything as at best he might turn into a decent 4th liner but he brings size, skating, speed, PK abilities which would give the small Habs some size on the wings and a least another Swede for when our top prospect or one of in Norlinder comes over to the Habs.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Glad JDLR got a contract & hope he produces for STL....if he does go on waivers, there's good chance Det/Ott/other bottom feeder would pick him up.

By the TDL we'll have likely jettisoned Glendening, Filppula & Helm (2 bottom 6 C's & 1 bottom 6 W/former C). Also there's a Black Friday sale on the corpse of Frans Nielsen.

Our only C fill-ins may not even be up this year (Rasmussen & Veleno).

Tymashov/Brome/Svechnikov/Hirose/Smith are all W's.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

That was why I was glad to see him go. To me he is simply out there, not being horrible, but not really a positive in any meaningful way, and is replaceable by 1000X. He is very much like Joakim Andersson that way who played far too many games for us a number of years back.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Glad JDLR got a contract & hope he produces for STL....if he does go on waivers, there's good chance Det/Ott/other bottom feeder would pick him up.

By the TDL we'll have likely jettisoned Glendening, Filppula & Helm (2 bottom 6 C's & 1 bottom 6 W/former C). Also there's a Black Friday sale on the corpse of Frans Nielsen.

Our only C fill-ins may not even be up this year (Rasmussen & Veleno).

Tymashov/Brome/Svechnikov/Hirose/Smith are all W's.

Yeah I don't think he'd make it through the waivers...he's the kind of player teams like to have as depth, smart defensively and big (even if he's not physical), and its a very friendly contract

Then he'll be disappointing and go back to Europe in 2021-2022

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This is all Pääjärvi thing again...
Why does de la rose keep getting new NHL contracts???

He is not an NHL level player, neither was Pääjärvi btw.,
somehow Pääjärvi played almost 500 games in the NHL.
is de la rose gonna be the next MPS? (poor man's MPS)

Thou Pääjärvi >> de la rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad