Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] D Anton Malmstrom signs ELC with the Blues (2 years, $910k AAV; begins 2023-24)

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
He looked raw to me in the prospect camp in July. Big guy who had nice sparks when he jumped up on the play, but was kind of a mess in his own end. Dig the potential and I'm curious how he's progressed this year, but I'll keep my excitement very relaxed for now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Interesting signing. Would be awesome to find a player from a college free agent signing, but if nothing else he can be good organizational depth.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Mikkola seems like worst case scenario. Best case is he becomes decent nhl player. 2nd best case is he doesn’t become nhl player. Becoming crappy nhl player would be worse than that.

Why is not becoming an NHL player better than becoming a flawed NHL player? We got positive assets from adding Mikkola into the Tarasenko trade. NYR insisted he was added for them to give us a first. That seems better than nothing.

People's unreasonable hatred of Mikkola causes some nonsensical opinions apparently.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I can understand where I believe Blueston's logic is at. It's an indication that your organizational depth is weak when your best option is a negative contributor. It would be better if a bad player gets stuck in the AHL behind a league average performer than making your lineup as a net negative.

Better a bad player gets blocked than said bad player making your lineup.

Last edited:

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
Why is not becoming an NHL player better than becoming a flawed NHL player? We got positive assets from adding Mikkola into the Tarasenko trade. NYR insisted he was added for them to give us a first. That seems better than nothing.

People's unreasonable hatred of Mikkola causes some nonsensical opinions apparently.
NYR wanting mikkola to justify trading a 1st speaks far more to their own foolishness than mikkolas worth

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

we had to watch Miko. His awfulness took time off our lives. And cost blues. If he wasn’t in lineup someone better could have been. Why would you want to repeat that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fez Whatley

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Because some players get the spots over better players/makes teams complacent and to not look for another option in that position, and it happens quite a bit

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Because some players get the spots over better players/makes teams complacent and to not look for another option in that position, and it happens quite a bit

Then that is on coaching and management. I'd always want my team to have the best possible options, and then leave it up to management or coaching to make a smart decision with the roster they have. I am not trading Mikkola for Hunter Skinner straight up just so I don't have to worry about not having anyone to block Tucker. If Tucker is ready, play Tucker and trade Mikkola, or keep him for NHL ready depth..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad