Proposal: STL, CBJ, Tor

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I havent said he wasnt good, just saw some blues fans calling him a #1 DMan, which he's not, and I dont think that he will ever be... subpar #1, normal #2 or awesome #3 depending the team he plays on in the future
He has shown he is capable of playing #1 Fyi he plays 22 23 mins a night. Was best d on team Canada twice and team north America. Nothing you can do about being behind petro. But hey no reason to convince anyone he is staying put. Fyi he is better than Larson and half the #1rhds in the league.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hilarious, over rated, yet everyone wants him. So is he over rated or just that good?
Isn't that the reason why some people think he is overrated? Personally, I don't think he is overrated either, but I think his ubiquitous need leads people to believe that.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
So then...
TML give Kapanen + Hyman, gain Jenner
STL give Edmundson, gain Kapanen + Hyman
CBJ give Jenner, gain Edmundson

??
Pass. Edmundson is an integral part of our core. Blues shouldn't be trading any of their top 4 defensemen. (Pietrangelo, Parayko, Edmundson and Dunn).

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Wouldn’t give up Edmundson for those two. Guess we can’t change out nylander

Pass. Edmundson is an integral part of our core. Blues shouldn't be trading any of their top 4 defensemen. (Pietrangelo, Paarayko, Edmundson and Dunn).

That's a huge no. Can't replace him but jaybo and gunner are available

Fair enough. I just want this clown to offer the following...

No we just replace Willy Ny with Kap, Hyman, first. Everyone else stays the same

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Simply put, the Blues have enough forwards. We are going to have difficulty incorporating up and coming prospects like Thomas and Kyrou into the roster in the next two years as it is. So, we are not going to trade a defenseman for another forward. Having said that, we could always upgrade the forwards we have for other forwards, picks and prospects. Say, for example, Panarin or Nylander for Schwartz+, or Fabbri +. The point is, the trade won't be for a defenseman, which I guess kind of rules Toronto out as a trade partner. Columbus, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Simply put, the Blues have enough forwards. We are going to have difficulty incorporating up and coming prospects like Thomas and Kyrou into the roster in the next two years as it is. So, we are not going to trade a defenseman for another forward. Having said that, we could always upgrade the forwards we have for other forwards, picks and prospects. Say, for example, Panarin or Nylander for Schwartz+, or Fabbri +. The point is, the trade won't be for a defenseman, which I guess kind of rules Toronto out as a trade partner. Columbus, I'm not sure.

I'm not even for Panarin for Schwartz, but Nylander for Schwartz is just gross. Why are we trading our best player last year when we are trying to go into our best years?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm not even for Panarin for Schwartz, but Nylander for Schwartz is just gross. Why are we trading our best player last year when we are trying to go into our best years?
I actually agree with you, I was just offering up examples. I wouldn't do either trade! There are people on our sub-forum who like Panarin so much they would part with anybody on our roster for him. I just mentioned Schwartz or Fabbri because hypothetically, it makes sense to offer another LW. I prefer Schwartz to Panarin too, but there are others who would disagree. As for Nylander, I am simply not interested at all. I think we should just stand pat and see what develops in camp.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I would bet that those who prefer Schwartz to Panarin haven’t watched Panarin and think there is a huge difference in their defensive game - there isn’t.

Although it is possible to prefer Schwartz’s style. Regardless, I wouldn’t want to trade Schwartz for Panarin (despite whatever value might be). If we are going to bring in Panarin, we shouldn’t offset his value to us by subtracting a player of Schwartz’s caliber. The Blues should be pushing futures and non-core roster players if they are interested in Panarin, or just wait until FA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad