Proposal: STL, CBJ, Tor

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm not really sure what your getting at other then not realizing how much more valuable Thomas is then Thompson. Were talking about a 1c prospect vs a middle 6 winger...at best.

You may have average C prospect, but Thomas isn't average.
I guess we just disagree on potential. I just dont see Thomas having what Keller/Barzal/PLD have in them. I respect you have a view especially it being your guy I just know I didnt want to draft him and I was hally for Buffalo fans and their return.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I guess we just disagree on potential. I just dont see Thomas having what Keller/Barzal/PLD have in them. I respect you have a view especially it being your guy I just know I didnt want to draft him and I was hally for Buffalo fans and their return.
I wish the best for Thompson and he's a good prospect but was 3rd or 4th on the Blues prospect list.

I dont know about Keller/Barzal due to how electric they are. Thomas displays it sometimes but not at the consistent level.

Either way, not worth arguing, if some buffalo fans have convinced themself they got the best prospect, cool.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Blues still need to Sign Edmundson to a new contract so neither of these deals work with the cap.

Yes that is the unfortunate thing. The Blues would need a good D back in addition to Panarin, so salary has to go the other way. But the most sensible contracts to send are the ones they just signed with Bozak and Perron! Those deals might keep St. Louis out of the running.

I'd include a pick or something to not retain on Zaitsev, cap space will be at a premium for us. The 1.2M on Kessel is already too much dead space.

Yes, but see above. The retention isn't just for value purposes. Can you take Bozak back? This thing isn't going to work.

St.Louis: Zaitsev, Panarin (extension), Toronto 2nd, Columbus 3rd
Toronto: Parayko, Barbashev
Columbus: Nylander, Perron

Probably not acceptable to trade a UFA you just signed.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
No I though Tage was better by a big gap then the other 2. Ive been watching him the longest. I thought Thomas was very overrated in his draft year Im trying to remember who was on his team but I remember thinking his stats were inflated by his teammate the year before. Last year he was ok and yes had a steller playoff. But I am judging on the year and a half that I have seen of him. I obviously havent seen as much as you likely have ive seen highlights and a few games here and there of jr what gets occasionally shown. But based on my eye test I put him 4th on that list. Funny thing was I said the same thing when buffalo got Thompson instead. More people agreed with me then. Its not an unpopular opinion. Ive been High on Thompson and to a lesser extent Kostin and low on Thomas and Kyruo. And no your canadian JR proapect would not be a 2C ahead of Wennberg or PLD I can bet a life on that. Maybe in 3 years if he breaks through his cielling and goes full ******ed awesome and maybe in 6 years it is actually realistic but no... would not be a top 6 player...

I have no idea of how you are comparing the two. You are welcome to your oppinion - but can tell you every poster in ROR to St Louis Threads from Buffalo wanted Thomas and or CP and their fans were not interested in TT. And no Blues fan wanted to move him. Management was not willing to move him either.

I have been a big Thompson supporter since prior to his draft and was glad we took him. But Thomas - who is 2 years younger is a better prospect at this point. Not just based on position, but upside. And our Canadian Jr. prospect might work his way onto a line with ROR - moving ROR to wing. And no, this isn't just some random poster on HF saying, but Doug Armstrong has also floated that idea first. It wouldn't be the first time a player jumped from JR to the NHL and took a top 6 role, even at center.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
The Blues are likely done making any moves for the season outside of getting Edmondson signed for the year and I don't know what is the obsession with people thinking there trading Parayko in the first place. Never once did the team or any news site or rumor site said he was being shopped. They would be stupid to move him unless we are getting an elite Defensmen to replace him. In this trade we are just creating a new whole that isn't necessary for what the team already has. Plus the cap space is also an issue. It makes no sense what so ever.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
STL gets Panarin (but only with extention)
Toronto gets Parayko
Columbus gets Nylander

Toronto and STL fans have been arguing about Parayko for Nylander for eternity, and it looks like St. Louis fans aren't very happy about this possible deal. But extended Panarin is a different beast, and the team gets the best player out of this trade. Toronto gets its RHD stud, and exactly for Nylander. And Cbj gets a very good player in a situation, when the team can't be very picky.
Love it but the Leafs don't seem to be paying enough here.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The Blues are likely done making any moves for the season outside of getting Edmondson signed for the year and I don't know what is the obsession with people thinking there trading Parayko in the first place. Never once did the team or any news site or rumor site said he was being shopped. They would be stupid to move him unless we are getting an elite Defensmen to replace him. In this trade we are just creating a new whole that isn't necessary for what the team already has. Plus the cap space is also an issue. It makes no sense what so ever.
I think it's funny most parayko conversations start with we want him, we will give you this, blues fans say no thank you then other fans say well he is just an over rated sheltered second pairing Dman. It's the same every time

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I think it's funny most parayko conversations start with we want him, we will give you this, blues fans say no thank you then other fans say well he is just an over rated sheltered second pairing Dman. It's the same every time

I just look back at the ROR trade and how everyone like it had to been him, Thomas, Kyrous and draft picks for the move to happen. Yet when you see what really the trade was, it wasn't close to that pay. Now I wouldn't mine having Panarin with an (extension) but it unrealistic because of cap space and roster space if Colton was the piece, you add another LW/ maybe center, which we have plenty of now. Yet create as I said an unnecessary hole at Defense. Right now the Blues healthy, are a playoff team. Yes Panarin would make them even better but they would have to have a deal that involved someone like Steen in the mix. The chances of any of this happening is slim to none. I believe Panarin gave a deadline to the CBJ and I doubt there that time for any other team to work out a contract too. All of that is unlikely at this point. Maybe before the draft sure but now? no.

Reactions: Colt55

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yes that is the unfortunate thing. The Blues would need a good D back in addition to Panarin, so salary has to go the other way. But the most sensible contracts to send are the ones they just signed with Bozak and Perron! Those deals might keep St. Louis out of the running.

Yes, but see above. The retention isn't just for value purposes. Can you take Bozak back? This thing isn't going to work.

St.Louis: Zaitsev, Panarin (extension), Toronto 2nd, Columbus 3rd
Toronto: Parayko, Barbashev
Columbus: Nylander, Perron

Probably not acceptable to trade a UFA you just signed.

Probably not lol.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
How about...

Parayko + Steen

for

Panarin + Savard

Guess it depends on whether or not the Jackets would want to run with Parayko or Jones on the 2nd pair since they're both right side. The Blues have had success with Pietrangelo / Parayko as a 1-2 punch on the right side.

Also depends on what the Blues would want to do with Panarin. I'm assuming he can play left wing too? That way he could be on a Tarasenko's line.

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
How about...

Parayko + Steen

for

Panarin + Savard

Guess it depends on whether or not the Jackets would want to run with Parayko or Jones on the 2nd pair since they're both right side. The Blues have had success with Pietrangelo / Parayko as a 1-2 punch on the right side.

Also depends on what the Blues would want to do with Panarin. I'm assuming he can play left wing too? That way he could be on a Tarasenko's line.

In a vaccuum it’s not bad value, but Columbus doesn’t need to upgrade their blue line by downgrading their forwards. We have no other forwards who can carry a whole line by himself, and Steen would be more of the same (plus adding significant age to the lineup on top of Foligno and Dubinsky).

Reactions: Viqsi

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
In a vaccuum it’s not bad value, but Columbus doesn’t need to upgrade their blue line by downgrading their forwards. We have no other forwards who can carry a whole line by himself, and Steen would be more of the same (plus adding significant age to the lineup on top of Foligno and Dubinsky).
CBJ could always flip Parayko to TOR for Nylander+ :sarcasm:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
CBJ could always flip Parayko to TOR for Nylander+ :sarcasm:

But then we have a massive hole at RHD. The only righty at the NHL level is Jones, and the only RH prospect we have is Peake. No thanks. The three way swap of Panarin/Parayko/Nylander in the OP makes much more sense for us.

Reactions: Fro

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
But then we have a massive hole at RHD. The only righty at the NHL level is Jones, and the only RH prospect we have is Peake. No thanks. The three way swap of Panarin/Parayko/Nylander in the OP makes much more sense for us.
Sorry, I thought the :sarcasm: made it pretty clear I was joking.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
How about...

Parayko + Steen

for

Panarin + Savard

This was discussed once already hehe

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
How about, STL flies a kite and keeps Parayko and Toronto keeps Matthews?

sigh, unreal

Person you quoted is a Jackets fan. So feel free to direct your outrage elsewhere whilst flying your own kite.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Hilarious, over rated, yet everyone wants him. So is he over rated or just that good?
I havent said he wasnt good, just saw some blues fans calling him a #1 DMan, which he's not, and I dont think that he will ever be... subpar #1, normal #2 or awesome #3 depending the team he plays on in the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->