Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Blues extend Brayden Schenn (8 years, $6.5M AAV)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I say it's a questionable contract considering all the other contracts they have, I personally believe Doug should worry about getting Pietrangelo's contract done as soon as possible.

Reactions: shello

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The UFA C market is shaping up to be trash. Backstrom is going to end up re-signing in Washington, in all likelihood. Schenn would have been the best available. He was looking at Kevin Hayes+ money. The Blues gave him max term to keep the cap hit down. It's something you have to do when you're trying to win it all.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The takeaways on the term and AAV are clear, but it'll be interesting to see how St. Louis manages the cap next year. They don't have a ton of flexibility to re-sign Pietrangelo and Dunn and fill out the rest of the roster. Curious to see how they make it work (let Pietrangelo walk, find a way to dump Allen, etc.)

Reactions: northeastern

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Certainly a good AAV for him in 2020-21.

We'll see in a few years.

Nice security for Schenn though.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Seems out of nowhere but pretty good contract for STL, only problem is that the captain might be hard to retain

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
The takeaways on the term and AAV are clear, but it'll be interesting to see how St. Louis manages the cap next year. They don't have a ton of flexibility to re-sign Pietrangelo and Dunn and fill out the rest of the roster. Curious to see how they make it work (let Pietrangelo walk, find a way to dump Allen, etc.)
Jaybo is not coming back, that will take care of Dunn,. Need to dump Allen and buyout Steen I guess, no idea how Armstrong will manage it all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad