Proposal: STL/ARZ: All-in for Chychrun

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Arizona is a few years from contending…Chychrun will be staring UFA status in the face by the time the Yotes complete their rebuild. Blues have been hamstrung since Pietrangelo walked, and are a #1D away from re-opening their Cup-window. Can these teams help one another now?

To STL: Jakob Chychrun
To ARZ: Jake Neighbors or Scott Perunivuch
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
Vladimir Tarasenko (cap purposes, but solid bet to become a valuable, flippable asset after getting top ice-time in the desert.)

This could be a spectacular bet for ARZ if the Blues hit a Sharks-like descent. STL has other assets like Klim Kristin, Zach Bolduc and Joel Hofer to include in their effort to try to pull even with Colorado as the Central’s top dog.

Is there a deal to be made?

You think you can get him for two late 1sr rounders another last 1st prospect and Tarasenko who has little value right now being injured for a 23 yr old under contract for 4 yrs.

think again…

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
2 late firsts and a meh prospect for a #1 d? that's garbage. stop being such a homer.

Dude, what are you talking about? I never said it was enough in value, it's clearly not even close in value. However, 2 firsts + a good (but not blue chip) prospect aren't garbage assets and are able to get you a really good player on any day, just not a guy of Chygrun's level (and contract). I actually said the Yotes shouldn't do this because he's a legit first pairing defender vs a couple of assets we don't know how they will turn out yet.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I wish we had such confidence in this team as you do.
I don’t. I think St Louis will be a middle tier team. But they don’t suck. They’ll be playoff contenders. So getting future round 1 picks from a likely playoff contender isn’t a huge needle mover.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Wouldn't be a St. Louis trade thread without McJedi's piping hot takes :laugh:
Like my hot take that Tarasenko would be hard to move when you guys were dreaming of high picks coming back for him.

How St. Louis fans were suggesting a trade was imminent or St Louis wouldn’t dare retain or take back a bad contract.

my hot take was way off the mark there.

So I humbly offer my Congratulations to St. Louis on trading Tarasenko to the Islanders for Mayfield plus picks and not retaining.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Dude, what are you talking about? I never said it was enough in value, it's clearly not even close in value. However, 2 firsts + a good (but not blue chip) prospect aren't garbage assets and are able to get you a really good player on any day, just not a guy of Chygrun's level (and contract). I actually said the Yotes shouldn't do this because he's a legit first pairing defender vs a couple of assets we don't know how they will turn out yet.

What is your point? The idea in this topic is to trade for Chychrun.

In trying to land Jakob Chychrun, those are garbage assets. If you know the trade offer isn't close in value... why are you upset? It would be like me being angry that my three bank accounts that have 50k each in them aren't enough to purchase a $500k car. It doesn't mean that three accounts with 50k are completely worthless, they're just not anywhere close to the value of the car and I shouldn't expect to get the car for them.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There is no way Arizona would touch this offer. It’s garbage for a legit #1 Dman. This could be 3 non lottery picks for an elite player. Classic three dimes for a dollar.

I'm a really big fan of Neighbors and if Tarasenko grew back into form and health but still I think the Yotes will build around Jakob Chychrun.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
Chychrun wants to come back home. Maybe? Come back to South Florida Jakob. Take your talent to South Beach.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I'd say you're more deep into a bottle of whiskey with ideas that don't land you Chychrun.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
If You are going all in you should be able to spell all their names.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Like my hot take that Tarasenko would be hard to move when you guys were dreaming of high picks coming back for him.

How St. Louis fans were suggesting a trade was imminent or St Louis wouldn’t dare retain or take back a bad contract.

my hot take was way off the mark there.

So I humbly offer my Congratulations to St. Louis on trading Tarasenko to the Islanders for Mayfield plus picks and not retaining.
I recall you loudly proclaiming the Blues would need to add Robert Thomas to Tarasenko in order to move him and going on at great length about Tarasenko's severe negative value. Which was and is clown shoes laughable.

I've noticed you making some bold claims in just about every other thread about a Blues player this summer. It's amusing to me, as I hope your sarcasm is to you.

Was a Blues poster mean to you in a playoff thread or something?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I recall you loudly proclaiming the Blues would need to add Robert Thomas to Tarasenko in order to move him and going on at great length about Tarasenko's severe negative value. Which was and is clown shoes laughable.

I've noticed you making some bold claims in just about every other thread about a Blues player this summer. It's amusing to me, as I hope your sarcasm is to you.

Was a Blues poster mean to you in a playoff thread or something?

congratulations on the Tarasenko trade. St Louis got a haul for him. No retention or bad contracts going back to the blues. You guys sure called that one correct.

Here I was staying he had negative value and would difficult to move unless the blues retained or added players or picks. Blues fans assured me I was way off the mark. You got me.

the blues were getting throttled in the playoffs so I didn’t hear their fans say much. What can you say when you’re being swept?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
congratulations on the Tarasenko trade. St Louis got a haul for him. No retention or bad contracts going back to the blues. You guys sure called that one correct.

Here I was staying he had negative value and would difficult to move unless the blues retained or added players or picks. Blues fans assured me I was way off the mark. You got me.

the blues were getting throttled in the playoffs so I didn’t hear their fans say much. What can you say when you’re being swept?
You're adorable :laugh:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
What is your point? The idea in this topic is to trade for Chychrun.

In trying to land Jakob Chychrun, those are garbage assets. If you know the trade offer isn't close in value... why are you upset? It would be like me being angry that my three bank accounts that have 50k each in them aren't enough to purchase a $500k car. It doesn't mean that three accounts with 50k are completely worthless, they're just not anywhere close to the value of the car and I shouldn't expect to get the car for them.

Why do you presume I'm angry or upset? I'd rather call it 'surprised'.

Your example doesn't make any sense. I'm not 'angry' (or whatever you want to call it) that my 3 bankaccounts that have 50k can't buy a 500k car. I even said, and you actually even mentioned it in your post, that I said the offer isn't close in value. Which is true. So either we will have to find some more bankaccounts to get to 500k or we will have to look elsewhere for a 150k car. I'm just surprised that the 50k bankaccounts aren't being valued at their actual worth... which is 50k per bankaccount. Instead people are pretending the 50k bankaccounts are worth a lot less than 50k.

But then again, It's probably just a choice of words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad