Prospect Info: Stiven Sardarian, F (88th overall, 2021) - Youngstown (USHL)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
if he came to NA & USHL this coming season bc he felt it was the quickest path to the NHL (that's a thing, right?), wonder if he ends up going to the CHL for 2022-23, then to Rochester the year after rather than NCAA - assuming everything goes as planned?
I think a lot of it depends on if he’s able to get through the NCAA clearinghouse.
Based on the fact that he’s using a translator for interviews, his English may not be super strong and he will have to get it to a passable level by the time he has to enroll at UNH.
If he can’t do that, I’d guess CHL is likely.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think a lot of it depends on if he’s able to get through the NCAA clearinghouse.
Based on the fact that he’s using a translator for interviews, his English may not be super strong and he will have to get it to a passable level by the time he has to enroll at UNH.

Most players show up at college as freshmen about the age that Sardarian will.

For instance, Matteo Costantini spent his D+1 season in the USHL this past season and will be a freshman at NoDak in 21-22.

The academic piece may be a factor, as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I don’t think that’s a factor.

there are support systems in college for foreign non English speakers.

him using a translator at a presser doesn’t mean he doesn’t understand English.

usually reading and writing is far easier to learn than conversational language. At a press conference they might use words thst he doesn’t usually use.

my ex gf was from South America, she came here as a late teenager. She knew most of common use English. She still had problems with more complex/ adult words. Her younger sister came at the same time and didn’t have any accent and she also had trouble with complicated talking that she’d operate in Spanish to understand better.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Sardarian finally played his first games with Youngstown this past weekend, which were games seven and eight for them. He played LW, alongside C Jaden Grant and RW Evan Werner, scoring one goal:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Credited with only one point (primary assist) on the weekend, but could've got two more today vs the top-ranked Chicago Steel:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He is quickly creeping into my wheel house. Hell he is actually there I just need Huglen to go ahead and sign that contract so I have a spot open.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20230709_200757_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230708_203132_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: KiwiGriff

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
Just an exhibition, but Stiven went 1-1-2 in UNH's 3-2 loss v Maine.
Game played at Colby College, Waterville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad