Post-Game Talk: Still winless and even more royally pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's too bad Andy Greene isn't like 5 years younger. He'd really be a perfect pairing for Subban if we knew he could play 20minutes a game.

Then Butcher/Vats Mueller/Severson doesn't look so terrible -

But Mueller has proven he can't play with Severson.

It's unfair to put Seves on his offside when he can't keep the puck out of the net when on his regular side.

Both Vats and Severson are high-risk, high-reward guys - and we simply don't have the guys on the left side who can erase their mistakes.
Butcher and Vats have been very good together. Both this year and last.

Greene was actually very good with Subban through 3 games, playing very tough competition. Greene's injury might be a much bigger issue then anyone expected.

Jamie Davis

Sep 13, 2018
upload_2019-10-15_20-39-34.png
upload_2019-10-15_20-39-34.png

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
It defies logic how Hynes is still coach of this team. A team that was expected to make the playoffs and has yet to win a game.. Shero is putting his job on the line by hanging on to Hynes. Lou would have gotten rid of the coach by now. That's what I miss about old Lou.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It defies logic how Hynes is still coach of this team. A team that was expected to make the playoffs and has yet to win a game.. Shero is putting his job on the line by hanging on to Hynes. Lou would have gotten rid of the coach by now. That's what I miss about old Lou.

Lou let John Maclean have 33 games where the team went 9-22-2. They started 3-11-1 - 7 points in their first 15 games. The Devils would have to do worse than 2-7-1 in their next 10 to accomplish that.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Lou let John Maclean have 33 games where the team went 9-22-2. They started 3-11-1 - 7 points in their first 15 games. The Devils would have to do worse than 2-7-1 in their next 10 to accomplish that.
That seems absolutely realistic. Are you not watching these games and how truly awful they are?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It's absolutely absurd. If Scotty f***ing Bowman got these results in six games he'd need to be fired. Has nothing to do with the individual. I don't blame Hynes any more or less than the players, but when there is something this deeply wrong with how the team is playing, you can't just keep letting it continue.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
81-1.... Chuck Norris would have taken over a team and played every single position....at the same time.
Did you never see Way of the Dragon?

Chuck may lead after the first period, but end of the day, Bruce is forced to put him out of his misery.

Reactions: glenwo2

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That seems absolutely realistic. Are you not watching these games and how truly awful they are?

I'm seeing how bad they are, yes. I don't think this sort of thing lasts forever. You can find similar streaks from otherwise decent teams in the middle of seasons.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's absolutely absurd. If Scotty ****ing Bowman got these results in six games he'd need to be fired. Has nothing to do with the individual. I don't blame Hynes any more or less than the players, but when there is something this deeply wrong with how the team is playing, you can't just keep letting it continue.
When you set those parameters, it does sound absurd.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
teams go through bad stretches but very very few give up 4 goal leads and i’m sure even fewer give up another 3 goal lead in the same losing streak

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Streaks where they give up 29 goals and score 13 in six games? I really doubt it.

Blues had a 6 game streak last year where they scored 14 and gave up 24. The Devils have not given up 29 goals - they've given up 27 and lost 2 shootouts.

I'm not saying every team goes through a streak like this, but that it's not unheard of even for decent teams. The Devils are getting no goaltending in addition to poor offense and defense - it's hard to have all 3 things not working at once.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Streaks where they give up 29 goals and score 13 in six games? I really doubt it.

I honestly thought we had a worse one under Hynes last year lol...when we had that long losing streak and people thought there'd be a change then before we got trolled on an extension :P

Looking it up it actually wasn't worse...we got outscored 28-15 in that six-game streak I referenced. It was close though.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I honestly thought we had a worse one under Hynes last year lol...when we had that long losing streak and people thought there'd be a change then before we got trolled on an extension :P

Looking it up it actually wasn't worse...we got outscored 28-15 in that six-game streak I referenced. It was close though.

And here is the thing, the fan anger isn't over this awful start. It is about the full tenure and how often the 18-wheeler has gone off the cliff under this coach. There was the stretch you referenced last year, there was the stretch in January 2018 that nearly made them blow a large playoff cushion, it was winning only 3 of their final 24 games the year before that. At a certain point enough is enough.

Unfortunately, it seems that unless we get loud fan protest at games with jerseys being thrown on the ice al la Toronto and Edmonton a few years ago, nothing is going to change.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Blues had a 6 game streak last year where they scored 14 and gave up 24. The Devils have not given up 29 goals - they've given up 27 and lost 2 shootouts.

I'm not saying every team goes through a streak like this, but that it's not unheard of even for decent teams. The Devils are getting no goaltending in addition to poor offense and defense - it's hard to have all 3 things not working at once.

The Blues fired their coach and then went on to win the Stanley Cup... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad