Still no1? Despite serious surgery and no pre season Karlsson’s once again leading all D-men in ppg

Still no 1 D in the NHL?

• Total voters

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
True, but he's still played 55 games. So it's not exactly some nobody with 15 games *shrug*

I didn’t say he was, just that he’s still sort of irrelevant for the discussion if I may say so

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
In a tournament setting, he is possibly the best dman in the league. After that injury, he wasn't the same and has been getting better. Was the best player in the playoffs last season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn’t say he was, just that he’s still sort of irrelevant for the discussion if I may say so

In the debate of whether EK is still the best blueliner? Of course not, but he's put himself into the discussion for best offensive blueliner. He's absolutely elite in that respect.

Last edited:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
No one is touting them for best in the league, and none of them are going PPG to offset minuses. If you score nearly a point per game and are showing up as a net negative, it's fair to wonder what's up.

I think he'll bounce back. He's too good, smart, and driven not to.

But he's got competition. The idea that the default state is "EK is best in the league AINEC" based on only a sample size of one playoff is utter garbage and people clutching to selective memories.
Karlsson plays by far the most on a shit team and he has horrible goaltending behind him= beeing a minus player.
He has fantastic advanced stats, corsi rel is 6,1.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
voted option 3.

yes I still call him the best defenseman. He 100% gets the benefit of the doubt for one off year, and anyone who disagrees simply doesn't understand hockey. But he's certainly not been the best this year, so option 3 makes more sense than option 1 for me. Surprised option 3 has least votes.

Ah the good old fashioned appeal to undeniable lack of intelligence if one holds an alternate perspective/opinion to my own. Nice.

First off, I'm an eye test guy not a MS Excel guy....I was giving you a chance to use any medium to prove your point, so you got nothing basically? Just as I thought. Thanks for letting everyone know you don't actually watch Erik Karlsson and/or actually comprehend what happens on the ice with him out there, or at all.
Oh look. Another one.

What fun we're having in this thread.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
But he's got competition. The idea that the default state is "EK is best in the league AINEC" based on only a sample size of one playoff is utter garbage and people clutching to selective memories.

You and I both know it’s based off more than one playoff run. The fact that his play from October to May last season is often summarized as a two month stretch just speaks to the ignorance.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
absolutely not. I had to drop him in fantasy leagues because of his god awful +/-.

Subban,Hedman, and Doughty can all make a case for #1 this year. EK can't

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
absolutely not. I had to drop him in fantasy leagues because of his god awful +/-.

Subban,Hedman, and Doughty can all make a case for #1 this year. EK can't

The fact that you are citing fantasy and +/- to discredit EK should instantly invalidate your opinion.

More over, I really feel like a lot of people are misinterpreting the question in the OP. He is asking if Karlsson is still the #1 D in the league. Nowhere does he mention this season.

No right fan in their mind would say he has been the best this year, which is fair considering he just came back from a major cadaver surgery and had no off season training.

He is, however, looking a little bit more like himself lately which is encouraging for next year.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Karlsson plays by far the most on a **** team and he has horrible goaltending behind him= beeing a minus player.
He has fantastic advanced stats, corsi rel is 6,1.

that is not advanced stats, that is 8ne advanced stat, and it's no surprise he has a good corsi rel on a team with some of the worst dmen in the league. you could put just about any NHL caliber dman on that team and he would have a good corsi rel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad