Still believe Forbes? I know I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENSible1*

PecaFan said:
It can, in the future, as soon as we get rid of all the artificial constructs in the old CBA which make GM's pay players more than they want to, such as arbitration and mandatory raises.

The players are free to de-certify at any time and let market forces take over. Until then, pretending that players contracts under the old CBA were directed by simple supply and demand is laughable.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
DementedReality said:
right .. so why cant that be applied to players salaries again ?

DR

Because there are certain franchises (you know who I'm talking about) that have much greater resources and what can be a smart decision for them, is crazy/stupid for the other 80% of the league. Then factor in that key players have much greater leverage in negotiations, and every bad RFA contract sets a new precedent that everyone must meet, and it's not a "normal" market.

If the owners were interested in a 10 team league, then they would extend the current CBA. Unfortunately for the big spenders, there are many more "small markets" (or owners that treat their teams as businesses) that aren't able to compete in that type of market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad