Equipment: Sticks: What do you use, what do you love/hate, and what's next?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Is it a pro stock code or a retail stick? Bauer offers the APX2 SE as a Euro-only option which is essentially a stock APX2 with thicker sidewalls and is more durable.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Is it a pro stock code or a retail stick? Bauer offers the APX2 SE as a Euro-only option which is essentially a stock APX2 with thicker sidewalls and is more durable.

It's a pro stock code. That was my impression but someone with ties to Bauer at s2k claimed the XXXX thing.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
who?

edit: oh it's Steph. If her contact from Bauer is who I think he is, than that might be good info. However, the retail SE sticks are what I described above.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I just picked up a pro stock ApxSE. Depending on who you talk to, it's either an Apx2 with reinforced walls or basically a XXXX. It looks like an Apx2 in both paint and construction. Little heavier which supports the reinforced walls and Is a low kick point. My version happens to have tactile corners which I love and is ~1" longer than retail putting it at around 83-84 flex.

I dropped down from a 95 flex G3 profile extended to about 91 flex.Puck feel was ever so slightly better with the one95 blade on the G3, but I thoroughly enjoy the lower flex.

I could feel the stick bow much better even on one touch passes and still felt confident 1t'ing passes and clappers. I still need to calibrate the clapper on the rush, but both snappers I took tonight went in including a snipe from the top of the circles.

Whatever the stick is, I really enjoyed switching back to a low kick point at a lower flex. Something about feeling a solid bow in a stick feels so right.

Where can you find these pro stocks ?

chapel

Feb 23, 2014
Salem MA
I have a pair of Easton UltraLite 85s. Looking for a Lidstrom blade to put on one. I have a Coffey on the other.

Malarowski

Jul 25, 2012
Switched back to my 75 Flex Gionta Dolomite DD and for some reason, it really clicked. Shots came easily, handling seemed natural. I am not sure what the deal is, as I have similar other sticks where the lie matches and the Mako2 with a pretty similar curve, but this stick just clicks. Super excited for tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad