Equipment: Sticks: What do you use, what do you love/hate, and what's next?

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
anyone know why the ek15 has only one pattern available on major retail sites? its been like this for months

I think only 2 or 3 patterns were part of the initial release with more coming out in March. Most online sites I see, carry the Ryan & Stastny patterns...

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Order placed today on the BASE. They say they have a "unique" new finish on the blade. I was ambivalent on the shark skin coating, but I'm curious to see what's up their sleeve.

I'll have a review thread (as I always do) when it gets in, probably mid to late March.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Order placed today on the BASE. They say they have a "unique" new finish on the blade. I was ambivalent on the shark skin coating, but I'm curious to see what's up their sleeve.

I'll have a review thread (as I always do) when it gets in, probably mid to late March.

Was really tempted by that offer lol enjoy.

Trl3789

Jun 17, 2011
Bay Area
Talked to BASE and can get in on the "Nasty" testing discount, so I think I'll order one when I get paid on Friday.

75 flex intermediate
BC28 curve
Gloss grip
Naked blade

Mine will hopefully be here today, so I'll have a chance to use it at S/P tomorrow morning. I'm excited.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

What is it about the shark skin coating that you don't like ? I wish all my sticks had textured blades. The only stick that I've ever owned with a textured blade is the APX, and I find it gives good control. It's really useful when the tape rips during the course of a game.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
By the way, where can I find the P08 curve ? The only sticks that are available with this curve are the top end Bauers, but I refuse to pay $200-300 for it. Does Warrior still sell the Kremlin curve ?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
You can't curve composite blades, they will crack.

A number of reasons I'm not big on shark skin blades:

- feels kind of plastic-like
- makes the blade (at least seem) thicker
- adds a useless texture that I'm just going to tape over
- tape doesn't stick as well to the blade

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
So I snapped both of my sticks in back to back games this weekend, was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for sticks <$100 range

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So I snapped both of my sticks in back to back games this weekend, was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for sticks <$100 range

If you make an effort to put an extra $10, you can get the Vapor X6.0 which sells for $110. I bought one 2 years ago for almost $200. I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

chapel

Feb 23, 2014
Salem MA
What would you guys say is the most durable and forgiving stick under $100?
My aluminum stick is giving me stingers and I'm worried about inadvertently injuring people in my beer league.
I'm a bigger guy and I've got a cannon. So something that doesn't go balsa on me is crucial.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So I played a scrimmage today and took a few slapshots. At the end of practice, I see a crack on my APX (don't know how to insert a picture). I lean on it, and it snaps in two right where I put my hand to take a slapshot :cry:.

I won't buy a $200 stick again for a long time. Any recommandations ? I'm looking for a stick with a huge toe curve around $100.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I've been reading through a bunch of earlier posts in this thread and I think I'm going to pick up a sherwood n12.

I was wondering what the plekanec curve was like or what similar curves for other brands were, I was checking Jarick's pattern equivalency chart and couldn't find it on it.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Just received a new APX2 P14 77 Grip in the mail last Thursday and tried it out right away...

Laser-beams. That thing launches a snap-shot like no other. I'd been using the Kane P88 curve on my last stick (APX LE 77) and it was good but I forgot how much harder my shot was and more importantly how much QUICKER my release was with the P14.

I ****in love the P14.

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Several guys on my team have been trying to sell me on the 25k ribcor.

Decided to pick up one (Datsyuk 75 flex). Always liked that curve even though I almost exclusively use curves like Frolov/Kovalev/p91a.

Excited to try it out tonight so long as our games aren't cancelled due to weather.

Boot

Oct 20, 2010
Has anyone gotten any custom sticks from Warrior? My wife had gotten me one for Christmas, and the first blade came in with some weird deformities on it. I retape sticks between games, and after removing the tape for the first time the deformity had now become a hole. They let me send it back in and a replacement came in a few weeks later, with what appears to be the same deformity, only larger this time. In talking with their customer service, they're saying that's just a consistency problem and that that is how their customs are. I was wondering if anyone else had run into this.

Before:

1609dnt.jpg

After:
p87c4.jpg

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
My custom Widow had the same thing on the blade. It should be a cosmetic thing, not structural so you shouldn't worry. Keep checking every now and then of course.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I've been reading through a bunch of earlier posts in this thread and I think I'm going to pick up a sherwood n12.

I was wondering what the plekanec curve was like or what similar curves for other brands were, I was checking Jarick's pattern equivalency chart and couldn't find it on it.

I was just going to recommend a Sherwood. Best priced sticks on the market IMO. A $100 Sherwood is probably just as good as a $150-$180 anything else. One of my buddies actually prefers the N12 to the T100.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I was just going to recommend a Sherwood. Best priced sticks on the market IMO. A $100 Sherwood is probably just as good as a $150-$180 anything else. One of my buddies actually prefers the N12 to the T100.

That's only a fair comparison if the Sherwood is on sale and is a higher end. You can't really compare a T70 to a DT3 for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad