"Uncrown the Kings"
"Golden plated Knights"
"Coyotes Ugly"

That’s some great work there.

Hibernate the Bruins
Exorcise the Devils
Tame the Wild
Embargo on the Islanders
Lower case the Capitals (punctuation joke there)

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Calgary's not done, there 3 points out of a playoff spot in a weak division, I wouldn't be sticking a fork in them just yet.
What does it mean to just make the playoffs in a crap division? That’s not necessarily an achievement under this playoff system. They’re about as far away from a cup as any team in terms of talent/performance/potential.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
What does it mean to just make the playoffs in a crap division? That’s not necessarily an achievement under this playoff system. They’re about as far away from a cup as any team.
Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Oilers were 8th in the west and 1 game away from the cup in 06.

Reactions: Schred

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Oilers were 8th in the west and 1 game away from the cup in 06.
Could be wrong, but I think things are much more “set” around the league these days than right after the lockout changes.

I mean yea statistically they would have “some” chance but as they are now, that chance is probably tiny. They’d at least need their goaltending to be huge, or average goaltending along with a huge % of the lineup overachieving at the right time.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Could be wrong, but I think things are much more “set” around the league these days than right after the lockout changes.

I mean yea statistically they would have “some” chance but as they are now, that chance is probably tiny. They’d at least need their goaltending to be huge, or average goaltending along with a huge % of the lineup overachieving at the right time.

Yeah, you're right........it's better to not make the playoffs, because you may not win.

This is HF folks......don't make the playoffs if you're not going to win the cup easily.

Reactions: Coffey

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Last year, all the top teams got knocked out in the first round. Tampa and Pitts both got swept. Wash, Toronto, Vegas, and Calgary all got knocked out too.

Reactions: Satire and Coffey

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
From some of the stuff I've read in the last couple of years I've had the impression that Johnny would rather be on an eastern team. It's probably why they signed one of his high school buddies to play on the big team. The rebuild could start with that trade and move from there.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005

LA won the cup 6 years ago after finishing 8th in the division. not that far fetched. A team like Edmonton with superstars like McDavid and Draisaitl, with solid goaltending and team commitment could easily go all the way. If Calgary could perform the way they did pre-all star break last year, there is no reason they couldn't go all the way.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
From some of the stuff I've read in the last couple of years I've had the impression that Johnny would rather be on an eastern team. It's probably why they signed one of his high school buddies to play on the big team. The rebuild could start with that trade and move from there.

Read where? On here?

He had one radio interview in his home town years ago where they asked him if he'd like to play for his hometown team one day. What's he supposed to say? "No".

It's no different than hearing that McDavid want's to play in Toronto.......it's all just shit people on here like to spew to stir the pot.

Now......that doesn't mean I don't want to see him traded. If he's not hurt this year and this is the level of effort we are going to see from him going forward.......ship his ass outta town.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
It ain't over until game 82 is done.

The Pacific Division standings make me nervous... The games are meaningful but a win or a loss is huge right now.

Reactions: bigtim1988

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
What does it mean to just make the playoffs in a crap division? That’s not necessarily an achievement under this playoff system. They’re about as far away from a cup as any team in terms of talent/performance/potential.

I don't understand the bashing of other teams by fans....

The reality is that there are only 6 teams currently at 70+ points (top contenders), and 6 teams below .500 (worst teams). The Flames are right there with the other 19 teams - that is they're fighting for a playoff spot and they'd require some good luck to make noise in the playoffs.

Unless you're a fan of one of those 70+ point teams, you really shouldn't be throwing stones.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Being in a weak division is a huge advantage, it makes it easier to make the playoffs and when you do your 1st round opponent should be easy. Winning the cup may not be likely, but going deep in the playoffs is very realistic maybe even the finals.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
That’s some great work there.

Hibernate the Bruins
Exorcise the Devils
Tame the Wild
Embargo on the Islanders
Lower case the Capitals (punctuation joke there)
Brilliant, can't believe I missed "Tame the Wild".

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Watch this Calgary team go farther than last year's top-seed and make the West Finals because playoff hockey logic goes out the window.

Expansion team makes the Cup Finals 2 years ago, dead last in January wins the Cup, 62 win team gets swept......
Just goes to show how much variance exists in hockey. It's all about making the playoffs. Every berth is a ticket to ride.

Reactions: guzzy

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
When you have David Riddick as your starter, you are in trouble. He is the worst goalie in the league.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Kudos to whoever made this thread. The reverse jinx seems to be working so far.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I haven’t even heard of this David Riddick fella. Must be new. Who does he play for?
You've never heard of the Chronicles of Riddick? It's awesome. Let me fill you in. There's this guy Riddick... And he can see in the dark and totally kicks ass. He's also mad mysterious and chooses to live like a hermit despite being a total ladies man. He punches face and kills a bunch of cgi aliens. Oh. He also is rich and has a bunch of gadgets and guns. It's pretty dope.

Reactions: Schred and guzzy

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Being in a weak division is a huge advantage, it makes it easier to make the playoffs and when you do your 1st round opponent should be easy. Winning the cup may not be likely, but going deep in the playoffs is very realistic maybe even the finals.
One of Dallas, Colorado or St Louis will be out in the 1st round while those Pacific teams make the 2nd round.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
One of Dallas, Colorado or St Louis will be out in the 1st round while those Pacific teams make the 2nd round.
That's what I mean, going deep in the playoffs for Pacific division teams is much easier than any other in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if Calgary goes to the conference finals.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That's what I mean, going deep in the playoffs for Pacific division teams is much easier than any other in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if Calgary goes to the conference finals.

Have to agree with this. It's a total crap shoot in the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad