STHS sim league: Looking for a Maple Leafs GM

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I am looking for GM candidates.

STHS sim league.

In our 16th year.

We have NHL based ratings.

Basically you run the whole franchise. From the draft, to trades, to signings, to lineup, to finances, etc.

PM me please if interested.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Still looking for a GM.

The team available has a 36-18-6 record. It has overachieved big time and is going to the playoffs. Duchene is the best player and he is signed long-term. Most importantly, the prospect list is stacked with prospects like Hart, Bouchard, Tolvanen, Heponiemi, Kuokkanen, Tippett, etc and a whopping 11 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2019, as well as 8 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2020. You can pretty much take this franchise in any direction you want. Good cap flexibility too.

ripham23232

Nov 6, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I may be interested in doing this. Can you send me some more info on league specifics? It has been a few years since I've done a sim league. What commitment levels are you looking for?

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Would be interested but have no idea hot it works, if you would be willing to accept a first time player feel free to pm me with more infos :)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Looking for GM candidates, please PM me if interested. Surely some of you are in dire need of some hockey action/activity while we sit in isolation/quarantine, well this is it!

Even with everything shutdown, our league is still going (we are in the playoffs) and we'll have a season next year, that I can guarantee you!

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Can I have more info? For example on how the sim is managed and how we manage our teams? I play lots of EHM but i'd love to play with others.

member 328407

I might be interested but how does it work is it sorta like be a gm in Chel?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Is y'all playing the playoffs this summer also? When the nhl continues I mean, sire. I would be fascinated to hear about this.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Since it's a sim league and we have our own simulator and the ratings are already set, we determine when we sim. In normal times we follow the NHL timelines though - we finished Cup Final last Thursday as we just kept simming the games even with the shutdown in mid-March.

Next season will begin in October in our league. Usually our start date is the same day the NHL season starts but that will obviously be different for 2020-21.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Still looking for a Maple Leafs GM.

As mentioned before in this thread, the team has Kucherov and Draisaitl, 2 of the 10 best forwards (arguably 5 best) in hockey.

Behind them, they have Ryan Getzlaf, James Neal, Adam Henrique and Connor Brown to complete the top 6.

Derek Grant, Riley Sheahan, Leo Komarov and Michael Frolik can form a decent bottom 6.

The defence is anochered by Shea Weber and Alexander Edler.

In net, Devan Dubnyk is the number 1 G.

The team isn't perfect but it features 2 very rare pieces to build around in the prime of their careers and a solid group of veterans to support them. Both are on affordable cap hits so if you want to trade one of them for a king's ransom, you can.

With the STHS sim that we use, you run the whole franchise. Pro and farm team. Trades, signings, draft picks, team finances, ticket prices, line strategies, hiring a coach, etc.

As mentioned, our 2020-21 season will begin in October. We are in the off-season now.

Send me a private message if interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad