STH Renewal 2020 Season

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I could almost guarantee you that is exactly what they will do.

You have 3 years remaining on your contract, you will still have 3 years remaining on your contract after things start going again, even if things don't start going again for "X" years.
Yup it is in the fine print somewhere......

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
For lack of a better place....

Just an FYI - your Q code as a season ticket holder no longer works. They've disabled it "because the season is over" according to staff at the MTS store.

You can still get your discount by providing ID and they'll look it up, same as they did before if you didn't have your phone/code with you.

Of course now you have to login to a website with your receipt to get your Jets Rewards on your purchase, because somehow (idiotically if you're asking me) they also disabled the connection between giving you the discount and collecting your points. So yes, collecting your points on your purchases is a two step operation now. Who knew Covid could suck that much brain power out asymptomatically?

[email protected]

And perhaps not surprisingly given that "website" they wrote on the receipt is actually an email address that redirects you to: Official Winnipeg Jets Website

Where it seems there is no way to collect your points. Yes, I also logged into Jets rewards but the only way to collect points there is with a promo code.

:m-mad:

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
For lack of a better place....

Just an FYI - your Q code as a season ticket holder no longer works. They've disabled it "because the season is over" according to staff at the MTS store.

You can still get your discount by providing ID and they'll look it up, same as they did before if you didn't have your phone/code with you.

Of course now you have to login to a website with your receipt to get your Jets Rewards on your purchase, because somehow (idiotically if you're asking me) they also disabled the connection between giving you the discount and collecting your points. So yes, collecting your points on your purchases is a two step operation now. Who knew Covid could suck that much brain power out asymptomatically?

[email protected]

And perhaps not surprisingly given that "website" they wrote on the receipt is actually an email address that redirects you to: Official Winnipeg Jets Website

Where it seems there is no way to collect your points. Yes, I also logged into Jets rewards but the only way to collect points there is with a promo code.

:m-mad:

Boy, they had better trade Laine soon so we can all get back to feeling good about this organization. :sarcasm:

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Anyone care to speculate on what a shortened season will mean for STH terms?

I would expect that if the NHL season is totally borked, the cancelled season won't count towards our term. But what if there's a short season with limited numbers such that instead of 41 games + preseason, STHs only get, say, 10 games each so that everyone gets a turn. I would expect that to count towards the term even though we'd be paying way less than normal.

And what about the people who would opt not to attend? There are a lot of older STHs who wouldn't feel comfortable attending ever again until covid is fully under control, and that might not be for a while. Will there be an out for those fans?

Given that it's November and the season is supposed to theoretically start in two months, it would be interesting to hear from the Jets about all this.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I would expect that if the NHL season is totally borked, the cancelled season won't count towards our term. But what if there's a short season with limited numbers such that instead of 41 games + preseason, STHs only get, say, 10 games each so that everyone gets a turn. I would expect that to count towards the term even though we'd be paying way less than normal.

And what about the people who would opt not to attend? There are a lot of older STHs who wouldn't feel comfortable attending ever again until covid is fully under control, and that might not be for a while. Will there be an out for those fans?

Given that it's November and the season is supposed to theoretically start in two months, it would be interesting to hear from the Jets about all this.

I don't think you'll hear anything from individual teams until the league has a firm start date decided on.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

I'm sure all teams have been told to let the NHL head office do all the talking. I see zero chance of fans attending BMTSP this season, if there is a season at all. There is no way the government can allow this while forcing other businesses and activities to shut down. This code red will continue for months because there is just too much stupid here in Winnipeg.

Reactions: 1430MaroonsRoad

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

If the NHL is lucky enough to even have a season, shortened or otherwise, there will be no fans attending any games in Winnipeg. I agree with N.I. ... as long as a single business is not back to 100% capacity, the gov't is not going to allow fans to attend games in the arena. Allowing 4,000 or 5,000 people to attend games in the arena when you can't go to your local store to get groceries without lining up and wearing a mask? They can't, it would be political suicide.

Now, south of the border, I fully expect fans to attend games in some capacity, just because ...( my explanation would be deemed derogatory and political, so lets' leave it at that )

As far as ST's...Your STH contract will just be postponed for a season if there isn't one. Because there is no way TNSE would wipe off a season on everyone's accounts. You have 3 years on your account, you owe the Jets 3 years , whenever it may start.

As a STH, what I'm really interested in is how TNSE is going to deal with people that just don't feel safe in the future even with a vaccine and things supposedly back to normal. Will they let you out of your commitment? Will they keep your deposit? Lots of questions...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Club Z points update:

We hope that you are staying safe and well amid the challenges of Manitoba’s second pandemic wave. While the National Hockey League recently announced a potential start date of January 1, 2021 for the start of the season, we continue to await further updates and will keep you apprised as information is shared with us from the league.
We would like to provide you with an update regarding our Jets Rewards Loyalty Program.

Jets Rewards launched in 2013 as a benefits program for Winnipeg Jets Season Seat Holders, Share Partners and Wait List members. The program was one of the first fully comprehensive loyalty programs in the NHL and provided members with flexibility and customizable benefits through unique rewards and experiences.
With your participation, the program evolved with opportunities for members to obtain autographed jerseys, beer fridges and panoramas, as well as access to exclusive areas such as the Bell MTS Place press box, the Winnipeg Jets bench, and dressing room tours, to name a few. Contests provided members with the ability to fly to NHL events such as the NHL Awards and All-Star Games, attend Jets away games, and just last season, fly on the team charter to a pre-season game in Edmonton.
While we are grateful for your support of the Jets Rewards program, we are currently unable to continue to provide those same benefits due to the circumstances surrounding the global pandemic.

Loyalty Program Update
So that you may enjoy an immediate and tangible benefit, we have chosen to wind down the Jets Rewards program, transitioning your points to an online voucher* for use as currency on TrueNorthShop.com, the Winnipeg Jets online retail store.

Our records indicate that your Jets Rewards account balance on October 31, 2020 was XXXXX points. This translates to a TrueNorthShop.com voucher amount of $xxx.00 (for use online only).

In order to receive your TrueNorthShop.com voucher we require you to create an account within TrueNorthShop.com using the email address associated with your Winnipeg Jets Account (listed at the top of this page). Doing so will allow us to apply your 15% Winnipeg Jets Gear discount to your purchase(s).

Once you have created your TrueNorthShop.com account, a separate email will be sent to you with a voucher code within 24 hours of creating your account.
In addition, we are pleased to offer all members FREE delivery for orders within Winnipeg city limits until December 31, 2020.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
"we are currently unable to continue to provide those same benefits due to the circumstances surrounding the global pandemic"

I don't know about this..... I see no reason to cancel the rewards program. It's entries in a database that keep track of your points. So suspend the program until such time people are attending games again and spending money. Maybe cashing it out and putting everyone back to zero is what they wanted to do all along, assuming there is even a rewards program in the future. It wasn't a great program compared to other teams, but it was something.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Club Z points update:

We hope that you are staying safe and well amid the challenges of Manitoba’s second pandemic wave. While the National Hockey League recently announced a potential start date of January 1, 2021 for the start of the season, we continue to await further updates and will keep you apprised as information is shared with us from the league.
We would like to provide you with an update regarding our Jets Rewards Loyalty Program.

Jets Rewards launched in 2013 as a benefits program for Winnipeg Jets Season Seat Holders, Share Partners and Wait List members. The program was one of the first fully comprehensive loyalty programs in the NHL and provided members with flexibility and customizable benefits through unique rewards and experiences.
With your participation, the program evolved with opportunities for members to obtain autographed jerseys, beer fridges and panoramas, as well as access to exclusive areas such as the Bell MTS Place press box, the Winnipeg Jets bench, and dressing room tours, to name a few. Contests provided members with the ability to fly to NHL events such as the NHL Awards and All-Star Games, attend Jets away games, and just last season, fly on the team charter to a pre-season game in Edmonton.
While we are grateful for your support of the Jets Rewards program, we are currently unable to continue to provide those same benefits due to the circumstances surrounding the global pandemic.

Loyalty Program Update
So that you may enjoy an immediate and tangible benefit, we have chosen to wind down the Jets Rewards program, transitioning your points to an online voucher* for use as currency on TrueNorthShop.com, the Winnipeg Jets online retail store.

Our records indicate that your Jets Rewards account balance on October 31, 2020 was XXXXX points. This translates to a TrueNorthShop.com voucher amount of $xxx.00 (for use online only).

In order to receive your TrueNorthShop.com voucher we require you to create an account within TrueNorthShop.com using the email address associated with your Winnipeg Jets Account (listed at the top of this page). Doing so will allow us to apply your 15% Winnipeg Jets Gear discount to your purchase(s).

Once you have created your TrueNorthShop.com account, a separate email will be sent to you with a voucher code within 24 hours of creating your account.
In addition, we are pleased to offer all members FREE delivery for orders within Winnipeg city limits until December 31, 2020.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thanks for the update. I'll assume I didn't get this email because my points total was too low to qualify for real money. So what's the conversion factor from points to dollars?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Thanks for the update. I'll assume I didn't get this email because my points total was too low to qualify for real money. So what's the conversion factor from points to dollars?
It's right around what @RetroWinnipeg posted above, perhaps precisely so. I have about 35K points for $140 bucks.

It's better than just outright losing the points I suppose, but it doesn't equate to the same value IMO. I think my last claim was an auto'd Ehlers jersey for around 35K points, same as a I have now and it was a pro-weight, customized Ehlers. You can't buy that jersey for $140.

I'm with @cbcwpg that I don't see the need for this but I should have seen it coming. I made a purchase maybe two months ago at the main store in the arena and they gave me the bogus website to claim my points because 'the system wasn't recording them any more'. Then last month I bought something at St. Vital and they said there was nothing they could do on my purchase.

I'm somewhat sympathetic due to the pandemic but it seems another example of their inability to run a database. I'd suggest there's ample evidence they can't do it in moving STH around for seat requests (even though the Bombers and former Jets could do it with hand written spreadsheets/lists) so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to see their inability to do so at this point either.

They certainly are going to suffer from the pandemic as much as everyone else. The next renewal period should be awfully interesting. Whenever that actually happens.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I could almost guarantee you that is exactly what they will do.

You have 3 years remaining on your contract, you will still have 3 years remaining on your contract after things start going again, even if things don't start going again for "X" years.

I have one year left on my contract. I have always assumed it was on pause until things normalize? By normalize I mean they can offer me 41 games of inventory. I assume until that time I will be under no obligation to buy seats but will be given an option.

Its probably going to be messy.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I have one year left on my contract. I have always assumed it was on pause until things normalize? By normalize I mean they can offer me 41 games of inventory. I assume until that time I will be under no obligation to buy seats but will be given an option.

Its probably going to be messy.

You wish it was only 41 games. Don't forget being "offered" the pre-season. :nod:

Reactions: ps241

RAFS

Feb 22, 2013
I got the email. My 155 points are also worth $10..... yes, 155 points only.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It’s at times like this I am relieved I do not participate in the Jets points program.

“I choose not to run”

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Did anyone get their gift card/discount code/whatever? I set up my account at TrueNorthShop but I haven't received anything yet...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Did anyone get their gift card/discount code/whatever? I set up my account at TrueNorthShop but I haven't received anything yet...

Got my code 2 days after I set up my account. Already ordered what little swag I could get for my cashed out points. Just waiting to see how long it takes to arrive.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is anyone here actually expecting to be in attendance for games in 2020-21 Season in Winnipeg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad