Speculation: Stevie Y coming home???

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
His work is done in Tampa, they are the best team in the league. Right now the team he played for his entire career is in trouble. I bet he’s very intrigued by the challenge of taking the wings from the bottom to the top, cementing his status as the most important figure in Detroit sports history.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Would be a lot easier with a Stamkos piece to build around, even though to his credit he had a great squad even when Stamkos was often out injured. To compliment Stamkos he had a #1 Swedish minute-eating defensemen too. We need badly, Dahlin oh Dahlin :(

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The only two scenarios that make sense:
1. He didn't like the contract extension offers he's been getting from Tampa
or
2. His plan was to rejoin Detroit after this coming season (my pick).

What would be any other logical reason to make this move now?

Tampa has boring years ahead. Going to cap hell after some success without any Cups.

Tough to improve anymore. Now after 2-3 years it will either win and regress or just regress.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Let him take time with his family, then have him take control of the team in time for the trade deadline. Yzerman will give the wings the rebuild they deserve. Free agents will want to be a part of the team he’s building.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'm going to cry. I'm white girl level can't even 9000 right now.
Omfg lmao! All we need now is this following scenario:
Draft luck get Hughes, Yzerman returned and sign Seguin and Karlsson!!!!!! Omfg alert omgggggggg!!! ( all those probably won’t happen but wtffffff):partytime:

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
His work is done in Tampa, they are the best team in the league. Right now the team he played for his entire career is in trouble. I bet he’s very intrigued by the challenge of taking the wings from the bottom to the top, cementing his status as the most important figure in Detroit sports history.
Pretty sure Capitals are the best team in the league right now...

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Yeah I think he is coming in as President of Hockey Ops. My money is on someone like Draper taking over as GM.

Holland moves to some type of Vice President role for a season.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Omfg lmao! All we need now is this following scenario:
Draft luck get Hughes, Yzerman returned and sign Seguin and Karlsson!!!!!! Omfg alert omgggggggg!!! ( all those probably won’t happen but wtffffff):partytime:

Nah we wont get hughes or sign Seguin BUT there is a high chance we get a good defensive prospect in Victor Söderström.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
He really stumbled when they asked him that question about his plans beyond this contract year. Almost seemed like he was trying hard not to volunteer any information he wasn't supposed to.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
i think he's coming home. Family is in Detroit, his decision is based on family and being in Detroit allows him to be with his family. No way does he not want to be a GM i aint buying that

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
Considering he needs time to relax, 2 years of being a bystander in a front office is perfect. One year of bystanding next to Kucherov and Stamkos, and one next to Larkin and Zadina. After Holland's contract runs out, Illitch will be the first person to ring that bell.

LeftWingLocked

Feb 24, 2018
Considering he needs time to relax, 2 years of being a bystander in a front office is perfect. One year of bystanding next to Kucherov and Stamkos, and one next to Larkin and Zadina. After Holland's contract runs out, Illitch will be the first person to ring that bell.

He will be the Wings GM by the Spring. No way he's sitting out for 2 years. This franchise is dying and he needs to rescue us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad