Stevens and Nachbaur Fired

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
That’s Quicks strength, his athleticism. Take that away and he’s just average, maybe.
Yeah but he might be better by being in better position and using that athleticism and explosiveness as a bail out. Not saying go full Carey Price and just sit there but he doesn't have to get himself out of position and then have to get himself back into position to make the insane save.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Do you think Quick will be able to finish out his contract with all his splits and belly-diving / swimming?

His next time or 2 he's on IR, he will move on to LTIR.
I don't think Quick's contract is Ranford's fault. Ranford has coached several goalies for the Kings. The thing I like about Ranford is he has taken goalies with varying styles and has gotten the most out of each of them.

CanadianKingsFan14

Jan 19, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Well I'd rather have Desjardins then Bylsma. Let's see what he can bring to this Kings team before we start judging. If it doesn't work out it gives Blake more time in the offseason to do more research on our next coach.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't think Quick's contract is Ranford's fault. Ranford has coached several goalies for the Kings. The thing I like about Ranford is he has taken goalies with varying styles and has gotten the most out of each of them.

Agree 100%. The results Ranford and Imoo have brought to the organization SHOULD make them the safest members of the organization.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Do you think Quick will be able to finish out his contract with all his splits and belly-diving / swimming?

His next time or 2 he's on IR, he will move on to LTIR.

There's no indication that his groin or knee injuries were caused by any of that-A random injury in practice could be a conditioning issue or just bad luck from prior injuries.

Very few if any goalies can dramatically change their style later in their career with any success-balfour may be the only one and that's because his back was so bad he couldn't not change...would've retired otherwise. At this point the most a coach is going to be able to do is fine-tune and keep him a little more positionally focused than using his world class athleticism, but it's not a guarantee it'll stick

Edit: Look at how many goalies have come through here (coached by Ranford but let's not forget Imoo either). Campbell has had his career reborn in LA, Budaj had one of his best seasons if not best season ever here after being relegated to AHL life. Bernier, Jones, Berube, even Christopher Gibson have all played in the NHL. Kuemper and Scrivens went from afterthoughts to trade assets in LA

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I didn't think it's possible for the Kings to hire somebody as bad as Stevens maybe worse, but Blake did. What a farce.

I watched Canucks play a lot under Desjardins and my God, talk about ineptitude.

The God Tier boner he had for his 4th liners. Derek Dorsett on PP and he was on the first line. Obviously the worst player on that roster but my God.

How you botch a fan base wide call for a firing of a coach by hiring a coach thats equal or superior to ineptitude is beyond me.

I hope I'm wrong about everything. But I have lost faith in Blake and Luc. They can f*** off with this hiring.

Jumping ship in November saying that he's gonna be the coach all year regardless is a joke.

If Desjardins is the same man he was in Vancouver then all indications are that management is comfortable throwing away this season in November.

Awful

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Lol players mad he called them out for playing like ****? So sad.

Also, f*** these players. Entitled :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: playing like shit have a big ego for whatever reason. Those guys need to go. Whoever is mad at Stevens from the Kings for saying that is the one who's comfortable with sucking. I don't care whichever player that is, that's a locker room cancer right there.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
what do you think, how will the players react in next few games? it think it's positive for the group to step together, new coach is not really there yet, and they just got a shock therapy. locker room should also make some decisions right now, very short-term, but highly energetic.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I didn't think it's possible for the Kings to hire somebody as bad as Stevens maybe worse, but Blake did. What a farce.

I watched Canucks play a lot under Desjardins and my God, talk about ineptitude.

The God Tier ***** he had for his 4th liners. Derek Dorsett on PP and he was on the first line. Obviously the worst player on that roster but my God.

How you botch a fan base wide call for a firing of a coach by hiring a coach thats equal or superior to ineptitude is beyond me.

I hope I'm wrong about everything. But I have lost faith in Blake and Luc. They can **** off with this hiring.

Jumping ship in November saying that he's gonna be the coach all year regardless is a joke.

If Desjardins is the same man he was in Vancouver then all indications are that management is comfortable throwing away this season in November.

Awful

they probably got insider info about Jack Hughes hitting puberty

jack-hughes-2018-6563.jpg

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Will be interesting to see what Sturm brings...MAYBE he can also have insight to getting
any unsigned talent? Possible.

Pretty impressive and bring some Euro elements....had a decent NHL career.

Coaching career[edit]

Sturm at the 2018 Winter Olympics
Sturm was named head coach and general manager of the German national team on July 10, 2015.[24] Under his guidance, Germany won the 2015 Deutschland-Cup title.[25] Head coaching his first World Championship in 2016, Sturm led Team Germany to a quarterfinal appearance.[26] In September 2016, Germany won the qualifying tournament for participation in the 2018 Pyeongchang Games.[27] At the 2017 IIHF World Championship, Sturm led the team to another quarter final, falling short to Canada (1-2). Sturm was credited with the progress of the German team, and for the willingness of the German NHL players to represent their country internationally.[28] Under his leadership the German team reached the final at the 2018 Winter Olympics, earning the silver medal.

Reactions: Edenjung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad