Stevens and Nachbaur Fired

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Desjardins is a run of the mill AHL coach, but it's fine for now. Glad it wasn't Tippet signed to a multi year deal the Kings would be stuck with. Blake better do a proper search in the off-season.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Kudos to Mayor...now let's see if he'e right about someone about to be #formerKing

I hop hope hope Amadio gets a real shot to play.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Desjardins and Sturm in. Guess I'll venture over to the Canucks board to ask what they think about Desjardins, since they would have a much better idea.

Reactions: deaderhead28

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Desjardins and Sturm in. Guess I'll venture over to the Canucks board to ask what they think about Desjardins, since they would have a much better idea.

They are just going to trash him, the guy is basically AHL coach caliber.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yikes, really? Desjardins? Wasn’t he ran out of Vancouver?

I’m all for a change but this seems like weak sauce.

I was skeptical of Sutter tho too.

I've watched a lot of Sutter and Desjardins in my life and it's no comparision, one is a great coach who has a shelf life, the other might as well be replaced by an Arduino because he coaches on autopilot. Willie is awful.

Edit: However, Desjardins does seem to have a bit more structure in his systems than Stevens did, so maybe you guys will get "outplayed" less often in the corsi sense.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Desjardins is a run of the mill AHL coach, but it's fine for now. Glad it wasn't Tippet signed to a multi year deal the Kings would be stuck with. Blake better do a proper search in the off-season.
The firing had to be done. Good thing it's just a temporary solution.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

If that's the case why not Mike Stothers in Ontario? Can Desjardins be any better if they're both just placeholders?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If that's the case why not Mike Stothers in Ontario? Can Desjardins be any better if they're both just placeholders?

You don't won't to have to fire Stothers if things go south if you like him coaching your AHL team. Also people tend to get disgruntled and bitter if you interim promote them, then demote them later.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Willie Desjardins is a bad hire for sure but Marco Sturm? How could they think that's a good idea.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Now I'm hoping for a week to week thing with coaches. Lose one game, you're fired.

giphy.gif

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I didn't follow the Canucks super closely under Desjardins but he didn't have much to work with with those rosters from what I remember but management was also refusing to blow it up and rebuild with the Sedins still there. Nucks fans did seem to take issue with him overplaying Linden Vey ala Vignault with Tanner Glass.

Any change is good change at this point.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Again,

Round peg into square hole. This uptempo bull**** requires the correct type of mentality and players skill set to execute.

Canuck fan. This was the problem in Vancouver. They fluked out the first year and made the playoffs. They didn’t have the horses to play that way and it was a disaster after.

The other big problem with him was he is a terrible tactical coach. Count 1-2-3-4 and there are your tactics. Most games he refused to line match and played everyone equally .. like.. Dorsett the same minutes as the sedins sometimes.

He is stubborn as f***. In the playoffs vs Calgary he would not line match, which lead to Calgary running rough shod.

He also has infatuations for 4th liners. He will use them on the first pp unit even if they do nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad