Stevens and Nachbaur Fired

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
tenor.gif

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I wonder if they are going to promote Mike Stothers from the AHL as interm coach till they can do a proper coaching search in the off-season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rob Blake still trying to sift his way thorough the mess Deano left him. They spent a lot of time and money keeping Stevens on as an assistant while Sutter was coach given that he was only given 99 games.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Rob Blake still trying to sift his way thorough the mess Deano left him. They spent a lot of time and money keeping Stevens on as an assistant while Sutter was coach given that he was only given 99 games.

That's Blake's fault, he could have done a proper search for a head coach. I said from day one of the Blake switch that hiring Stevens was Blake's first mistake.

Honestly, if you fire your Stanley Cup winning GM+Coach it's time to clean house from top to bottom. Blake+everyone else except maybe Ranford should have been fired. That includes the scouting+development guys.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Wouldn't be surprised if Vigneault is the top candidate, but I'd REALLY love for the Kings to look at Sheldon Keefe in the offseason (would be surprised if Toronto lets us talk to him before)

Reactions: kingsfan28

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That's Blake's fault, he could have done a proper search for a head coach. I said from day one of the Blake switch that hiring Stevens was Blake's first mistake.

Honestly, if you fire your Stanley Cup winning GM+Coach it's time to clean house from top to bottom. Blake+everyone else except maybe Ranford should have been fired.

I 200% agree.

I wanted the Kings to get Gallant before Vegas could nab him. I appreciate Stevens for all he brought to the organization, and loved him as an assistant coach, but promoting him just to make the players happy (when frankly I feel it was just time to move on from Sutter), was a huge mistake.

Players responded to the change, which was good, but ultimately Blake let the students run the classroom a little too much.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Honestly, if you fire your Stanley Cup winning GM+Coach it's time to clean house from top to bottom. Blake+everyone else except maybe Ranford should have been fired. That includes the scouting+development guys.

I’d say that’s true, but I’m sure they know they don’t look good when they have to go upstairs having just fired a coach a month into the season. However, they also knew to cut bait. Wish the Flyers would do the same.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Was that Luc tweet to mayor real?
Also what's the point of even visiting LA Kings Insider website?
I never have seen any inside information or scoops about the Kings before any other outlet has it.

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's some odd timing. Why make him drag himself to the rink for 2 extra days? That's the 3rd coach now. Unless you want to count Crawford too. I guess it's up to the players again.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Wow.

Mayor called it. Props to him.

Stevens seems like a great assistant coach, but it was time.

Hope whoever comes in can right this ship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->