Value of: Steven Stamkos

Mar 26, 2010
That’s not what I was referring to. I think both sides can agree that neither would do Rielly for stamkos
I agree. Likely not.

I cannot understand why all of these Stamkos trade threads are popping up here. Do Bolts fans really want to trade him?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree. Likely not.

I cannot understand why all of these Stamkos trade threads are popping up here. Do Bolts fans really want to trade him?

I don't think we believe it'll ever happen. If it suddenly came out that we were shopping him though, it would be interesting, because his value is all over the map, depending on who's gauging it. I think a lot of TB fans believe certain trades involving Stamkos would make the team better, but we know it wouldn't happen, and a lot of us wouldn't want it just for sentimentality's sake. But if we're talking cold-blooded make the team better? Trading Stamkos for a solid #2 RHD would probably make us better, yeah.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't think we believe it'll ever happen. If it suddenly came out that we were shopping him though, it would be interesting, because his value is all over the map, depending on who's gauging it. I think a lot of TB fans believe certain trades involving Stamkos would make the team better, but we know it wouldn't happen, and a lot of us wouldn't want it just for sentimentality's sake. But if we're talking cold-blooded make the team better? Trading Stamkos for a solid #2 RHD would probably make us better, yeah.
Don't count out certain GMs making a marquee player trade interesting, either.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Lefties are of no use to us for the next 5-7 years, or however long Hedman and McDonagh hold up. We specifically need a righty to replace Stralman, assuming Sergachev can grow into the other RHD role. Right now our best option appears to be Cernak, so we'd need a big upgrade over him in a hypothetical scenario where we'd be open to trading Stamkos.

Disclaimer: I don't think we'd be open to the trade, so this is just more exploring ideas in an alternate universe than trying to find something that could really happen.

But, if we were somehow to trade Stamkos, I think the ideal return would be a #2 RHD, in his prime, who makes less money than Stammer (maybe in the neighborhood of 6).

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Lefties are of no use to us for the next 5-7 years, or however long Hedman and McDonagh hold up. We specifically need a righty to replace Stralman, assuming Sergachev can grow into the other RHD role. Right now our best option appears to be Cernak, so we'd need a big upgrade over him in a hypothetical scenario where we'd be open to trading Stamkos.

Disclaimer: I don't think we'd be open to the trade, so this is just more exploring ideas in an alternate universe than trying to find something that could really happen.

But, if we were somehow to trade Stamkos, I think the ideal return would be a #2 RHD, in his prime, who makes less money than Stammer (maybe in the neighborhood of 6).

So Voynov

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So Voynov

Haha, Well, now we're talking about an alternate universe where the past is not the past. After TB purged itself of problem children over the past two years, I really don't see us going anywhere near Voynov.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Haha, Well, now we're talking about an alternate universe where the past is not the past. After TB purged itself of problem children over the past two years, I really don't see us going anywhere near Voynov.

Yeah, totally. Without the baggage, he fits your description. I mean the Kings’ only quality, proven RHD is Doughty. We have LaDue, who coaching seems to hate but consistently produces, but that doesn’t net the Kings Tyler Johnson, let alone Stamkos.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Yeah, totally. Without the baggage, he fits your description. I mean the Kings’ only quality, proven RHD is Doughty. We have LaDue, who coaching seems to hate but consistently produces, but that doesn’t net the Kings Tyler Johnson, let alone Stamkos.
Doughty might work. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->