Value of: Steven Stamkos

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Tampa can afford to trade him as their deep at C and Point is already a 1C and he's only getting better. Curious what Tampa fans would want for him and what other teams would be willing to give up.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Today I’ve seen him first time in 6 months and I think he might be the 4th best forward. Kucherov and Point are definitely better but imo Johnson has been much better also and can’t really forget Gourde.

He wont be traded and I dont know the value also. It’s hard.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
He’s a great person and a great member of the community but we never should have signed him to that contract. That said he has a full NMC so he isn’t going anywhere.

And to be honest if we do end up winning the Cup at some point in the near future it just wouldn’t feel right without him. He’s been through so much over the past several years that I really want to see him hoist the Cup in Tampa, even if he’d be doing so as more of a passenger than one of the drivers of the team.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Won't be traded. But I do think Kucherov or Hedman will be the captain before long.

He’s young but Point has “captain” written all over him. Kucherov is a great individual performer but I’m not sure I see leadership potential in him and Hedman isn’t really the vocal type. Stammer will keep the C for the next few years but at some point this will become Point’s team.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The only logical reason they would have to trade him would be nobody would eat enough salary for any of their other players through trade to re-sign Point. You don't just contemplate trading a player of that caliber because he is slightly underperforming in the first 10 games of the season

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He’s a great person and a great member of the community but we never should have signed him to that contract. That said he has a full NMC so he isn’t going anywhere.

And to be honest if we do end up winning the Cup at some point in the near future it just wouldn’t feel right without him. He’s been through so much over the past several years that I really want to see him hoist the Cup in Tampa, even if he’d be doing so as more of a passenger than one of the drivers of the team.
What's he getting paid to say the contract is bad? Imo he is a huge reason why I thought they were the best team in the league last year and still think its the best if not top 3 instead. Its only what 7 or 8 games into the season I wouldnt worry about points if he is starting slow I watched 2 periods against Chicago tonight and he looked good to me but the while team looked great.
Today I’ve seen him first time in 6 months and I think he might be the 4th best forward. Kucherov and Point are definitely better but imo Johnson has been much better also and can’t really forget Gourde.

SHHHHH leave TJs name out of it!!! Ive every year worked out different trades with fans to get him to Columbus and while in real life it never happens I still want to be able to get him on my imaginary team here haha. Johnson is one if the consistently underrated players in the league on this site. Guys like him and Cam Atkinson who are small but amazing skaters score 25g+ a year but get over looked Im happy to see him in the discussion even if its on his own team with point ans Kuch.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Tampa can afford to trade as their deep at C and Point is already a 1C and he's only getting better. Curious what Tampa fans would want for him and what other teams would be willing to give up.

Full NMC means Stamkos only leaves if he wants to.

If Stamkos suddenly decides he wants to leave then he’s likely going to have a very limited number of destinations he wants to go to. There would not be an open market for his services, hence its pretty much impossible to discuss value outside of some hypothetical scenario where he wants out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

That's actually pretty accurate. I'd still put him 3rd, behind Point and Kucherov, but Johnson and Gourde have been better than him this season (but they've been better than Kucherov too, who's off to a terrible start).

As for Stamkos's value... I won't lie. I sometimes think we might be better off making the trade, because he's overpaid at this point, and I think he's getting worse. I'm expecting something like 30-30 out of him this season. I don't know what we'd want in return because we don't have any major holes on the roster right now. Maybe a #2/3 level RHD?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
What's he getting paid to say the contract is bad? Imo he is a huge reason why I thought they were the best team in the league last year and still think its the best if not top 3 instead. Its only what 7 or 8 games into the season I wouldnt worry about points if he is starting slow I watched 2 periods against Chicago tonight and he looked good to me but the while team looked great.

$8.5M a year for 8 years. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a useful player, but he’s nowhere near that caliber anymore and hasn’t been for some time.

SHHHHH leave TJs name out of it!!! Ive every year worked out different trades with fans to get him to Columbus and while in real life it never happens I still want to be able to get him on my imaginary team here haha. Johnson is one if the consistently underrated players in the league on this site. Guys like him and Cam Atkinson who are small but amazing skaters score 25g+ a year but get over looked Im happy to see him in the discussion even if its on his own team with point ans Kuch.

Sadly he’s underrated by most of his own fanbase. I don’t know why so many Lightning fans here are so insistent on trying to move him (in one notable case for a third-pairing defenseman.)

Reactions: mikeyp24

Mar 26, 2010
Stamkos is a stud and any team would be happy to have him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don’t think he will be traded but hypothetically what would the asking price be?

I think a very good RHD with a lower cap hit? All that really comes to mind. Somebody who can replace Stralman if we have to let him walk. About a $6m D.

Mar 26, 2010
I think a very good RHD with a lower cap hit? All that really comes to mind. Somebody who can replace Stralman if we have to let him walk. About a $6m D.
Nylander (signed )+ 1st cut it?

Mar 26, 2010
Why? To play on Matthews' wing? Both Matthews and Tavares are better than him and even if you traded Kadri you don't want to be paying your 3c 8.5 mil.
Why not. Stamkos is a Toronto boy and is far from being done.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why? To play on Matthews' wing? Both Matthews and Tavares are better than him and even if you traded Kadri you don't want to be paying your 3c 8.5 mil.
lol wut? how is Tavares better than Stamkos? Stamkos would be ur 2C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->