Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Again, this is why he naturally is a winger, no question about it.

They've experimented with him on the wing before, and while he publicly says he doesn't mind where he plays, he looked completely uncomfortable in the role. If they had another Point-esque player in the lineup, I'd force him to the wing anyways, but as it stands right now if he moves to wing that will mean moving Miller to center or breaking up effective line combinations.

Right now this is probably the best course of action.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Stamkos is fine as center as long as he keeps his game simple, do the safest play to keep the cycle going and just focus to find open space. It seems he's trying too hard sometimes.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
They've experimented with him on the wing before, and while he publicly says he doesn't mind where he plays, he looked completely uncomfortable in the role. If they had another Point-esque player in the lineup, I'd force him to the wing anyways, but as it stands right now if he moves to wing that will mean moving Miller to center or breaking up effective line combinations.

Right now this is probably the best course of action.
I agree. In no way am I suggesting that we change things up this offseason, or even next season. The ship has sailed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You're missing positivity and happiness in your life.

I'm sure you will argue the above just to argue.

Hahah someone's tilted, taking too much to heart clearly. You seem more focused on me then the game ;) all good man just enjoy the series.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Your response pretty much proves my point.
Stammer, bro, you’re a good poster. I joke with sky, he’s good too. Please, I beg of you, don’t take him seriously. Christ. He’s trolling. Us. Always. I like sky, but he’s looking for someone to be argumentative, and honestly? You’re not a good match. You’re too invested. Understand that I am complimenting you both. You wanna f*** with sky? Post like you don’t care. It’s super easy. Look at me. I haven’t cared about a post since 2002.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This was probably his best game of the playoffs so far. Skated hard every shift and made a difference. If he would do this more often, he wouldn't catch nearly as much criticism.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
This was probably his best game of the playoffs so far. Skated hard every shift and made a difference. If he would do this more often, he wouldn't catch nearly as much criticism.
I agree. This was all that was expected of him. He didn't need to take over a game, he just needed to stop psyching himself out and just play the game. Whether or not he's injured, I'm convinced the mental side had been hampering him a lot more. Like our odds with Stammer back in the mix.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
:rolly:

He's been anomaly to the team play so far..want to see them synchronized for the best result next...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When he went down in the 2nd(?) I was like: How come every time Stamkos plays his best hockey, he immediately takes a freak injury?

Thankfully he came back. Still looks incredible.

Reactions: Stammertime91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->